What does this mean for Brooky?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
You obviously didn't play on North sydney oval. After a game on a wet day, the cricket pitch would be covered in stud holes from the old metal studs. A few days in the sun for the clay base to bake rock hard. Next game any sliding contact would literally graze the skin from you like a giant cheese grater.

yeah I remember playing school rugby on the old North Sydney oval it seemed like the cricket pitch area took up a huge chunk of the footy field ...

Just filled in the survey. Some obvious questions aimed at Sra Eagles supporters. I wonder if you answer different from Manly supporter of the questions change?
The good newsis that Clover Moore has already stated that her Sydney Council will not approve a 60k Stadium at Moore Park.@:cool:

Brookie has a chance, especially if the Polies plot northern Stadiums in Sydney - we are alone :mad:

The good newsis that Clover Moore has already stated that her Sydney Council will not approve a 60k Stadium at Moore Park.@:cool:

Brookie has a chance, especially if the Polies plot northern Stadiums in Sydney - we are alone :mad:
I don't think it matters how Clover feels about it, I think the State Planning Authority has the final say.
The same thing happened in the Sutherland Shire when the council objected to the Shark Park development, the SPA passed it.

New stadium compromise plan is a huge win for Sydney fans, writes Phil Rothfield
35 minutes ago
PHIL ROTHFIELDThe Daily Telegraph

THE new stadium compromise plan is a massive victory for Manly, Sharks, Wests Tigers and St George Illawarra fans.

It means no-one can force us to abandon our traditional home grounds and that John Grant and his politician mates will not be ordering us to play at big empty stadiums.

The bullying tactics of recent months have been disgraceful.

Now Manly fans keep their fortress at Brookvale and Cronulla keeps its much cherished Shark Park.

The Wests Tigers can play at Campbelltown, Leichhardt or wherever they see fit.

Same with the Dragons who will use Kogarah, Wollongong and bigger venues for the bigger games.

story-fni0cx12-e0123aabb1b64eee0e8d095b359be8f9

This recent stadium battle shows what can be achieved among the clubs if they stick solid and show a united front on the biggest issues.

Late last year they won the funding fight to secure their futures.

b80b54ea7129380630194d20d439f3ad

Artist's impression of the Stage 3 redevelopment of the SCG and Allianz Stadium sporting precinct.
Now they’ve won the stadium war.

This sends an important message to the government and to NRL heavies.

That the major stakeholders in the game — the clubs — are not to be underestimated.

The Rabbitohs are owned by James Packer. The Roosters have one of the world’s most successful car dealers Nick Politis at the helm Canterbury has the highly respected Ray Dib. Manly the Penn family. Cronulla, Hoyts CEO Damian Keogh.

These club bosses have been far more successful in their business lives than the people trying to tell them how to run their football organisations.

They will always remain an important voice in the game.
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp... dailytelegraphnrlndm (Daily Telegraph | NRL)

Just watched the Sharks game and the fans looked so happy sitting lose to the action. They were giving it to Greg Bird from the sidelines and he was loving it.
You just couldn't get that feel at a stadium.

I'm sorry but true fans don't want stadiums, and I'm not just saying that because I love Brooky. Brooky sucks! The ground is falling apart, there are no food facilities that are decent, it takes way to long to get a beer and don't even think about trying to buy an ice cream for the kids from the crap old ice cream van. The queue takes around 20min. But it's mine, it's my home ground where I've been going for 30 years and now taking my kids hopefully for another 30 years.

It needs funds to keep it up to standard, otherwise the locals will drop off in droves. Then watch AFL and Soccer move in. They would laugh them selves all the way through the schools, paying for jerseys, seasons fees, sending players into anywhere they can.

I remember watching the demise of the Bears junior teams. After they had no more junior teams the ones left had to play against the Manly juniors. The north shore had already been lost.

Hopefully this won't happen to the beaches also, and to ensure this we need a better ground where fans can go and enjoy themselves.

The lack of consideration for an upgrade of Brookie, or a decent stadium anywhere on the north side of the harbour, is a bloody disgrace for all those Liberal politicians who profess to be Manly supporters, and who relied on our votes to have their jobs. I'm talking about: Bishop, Abbott, Stokes, Baird, Hazzard... who have I missed?
All I can say to them is piss-off to the west where you seem to want to live, judging by all the attention you are giving it.

Stadium war is over with ANZ Stadium to receive a major upgrade
Date
April 13, 2016 - 11:05PM
Andrew Webster and Michael Chammas
EXCLUSIVE

1460552702416.jpg

An artists impression of the proposed design for ANZ Stadium. Photo: Supplied

The great stadium war is over with a major upgrade of ANZ Stadium at Homebush winning out over a new facility at Moore Park.

Fairfax Media can reveal that state cabinet is expected to be told on Thursday that an upgrade of Parramatta Stadium will continue and ANZ Stadium will be refurbished after that. Leftover funds will then be used to refurbish Allianz Stadium at Moore Park.

1460552702416.jpg

"We will not compromise on the fact that we must continue to have access to Allianz Stadium": Waratahs chairman Roger Davis. Photo: Getty Images

Political infighting between Premier Mike Baird and Sports Minister Stuart Ayres has brought the issue to a head with the Premier freezing Mr Ayres out of negotiations since returning from Israel on Sunday.

Mr Baird will take control of Sydney's stadium negotiations after agreeing to meet the three furious Allianz Stadium tenants, in another blow to the ambitions of the Sports Minister.

The Premier has also given Mr Ayres a Friday deadline to gain a 100-game commitment from the three football codes at the network of major stadiums, allowing Mr Baird to take control of the allocation of the $1.6 billion investment.

1460552702416.png

Cross-section of the earlier upgrade plans for Allianz Stadium, a plan the SCG Trust and Sports Minister Stuart Ayres are now determined to avoid. Photo: SCG Trust

That allocation will include $350million for a new stadium at Parramatta, $450 million for a refurbishment of Allianz Stadium and $700million to turn ANZ Stadium into a permanent 75,000-seat rectangular stadium.

This is a victory for the Sydney-based NRL clubs, who have campaigned against the NRL and Mr Ayres to ensure a shift of funding away from Allianz Stadium to Olympic Park.

The Sydney Roosters, NSW Waratahs and Sydney FC were seething on Monday after Mr Baird announced a new stadium at Moore Park would be built on the existing site, which the clubs allege is not the message Mr Ayres has been spreading.

1460552702416.jpg

Premier Mike Baird and Sports Minister Stuart Ayres in September when they announced $1.6 billion in funding for stadiums over the next 10 years. Photo: Nick Moir

The clubs, who insist Mr Ayres gave them multiple assurances they wouldn't be displaced, had sought an urgent meeting with Mr Ayres after plans to build a 55,000-seat stadium over Kippax Lake were quashed by the Premier.

However, Mr Baird has intervened in an attempt to solve the now farcical stadium dilemma, agreeing to meet with the clubs, which insist they will not compromise on a plan that involves having to be relocated during the construction of a new venue.

"We want to meet with the decision-maker, and it appears that is what is happening," Waratahs chairman Roger Davis told Fairfax Media. "We're happy to listen and wait and we're encouraged that the key decision-makers have indicated they want to meet with us to work out what is best for the clubs, the community and the state. It's positive that people are willing to talk but we will not compromise on the fact that we must continue to have access to Allianz Stadium."

A spokesman for Mr Baird confirmed "the Premier is willing to meet the clubs, although no date has been arranged".

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/premier-m...ium-debate-20160413-go5lrm.html#ixzz45iBqxn6F
Follow us: @smh on Twitter | sydneymorningherald on Facebook

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6