What does this mean for Brooky?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Wont happen but it sends a clear message to todd fishberger that the clubs see things very differently. But he would know that being as clever as they say.

I reckon this will get dirty as the clubs have them over a barrel. Life as ceo is more about relationships for toddles and i cant see his type of swarmy being all to popular

Great Dogs and Souffs get 750m to "fix" their home ground we get 25m and drag queens have 2 grounds so get $50m what a joke. Move em to Wollongong permanently
The drags getting another $50m - as they have already received over $50m for their 2 grounds in the last few years

The drags getting another $50m - as they have already received over $50m for their 2 grounds in the last few years

See John Howard about that one. Both Kogarah and Wollongong see half as many games as Brookvale, but because little Johnny was a life long Dragons fan, they got money gifted to them while grounds like Brookie got next to nothing.

I think a lot of people got sucked into thinking that the same would happen for Brookvale when Abbott became PM. As we know though......it didn't happen.

Last edited:
So Brookvale gets upgraded and the council jack up the rent or kicks us out ... Yeh great
Discussions with state govt had previously been quite far progressed via the Brookvale Oval Committee with a view to the ground being run by a State Trust.

I thought Scott Penn was building us a new ground?
When the ownership structure changed it was made clear there was no longer a need for a State Trust (or for that matter a Brookvale Oval committee) because of the grand private development proposal. Which unfortunately never made it through council approval...
A state trust still seems the most practical proposal going forward.

This today in the SMH

By ADRIAN PROSZENKO
Sydney NRL clubs are considering agitating for $200 million of NSW government funding for suburban grounds as part of a bold stadiums counter proposal that will result in scrapping plans to build a new Pirtek Stadium in favour of diverting resources towards ANZ Stadium.
There is a backlash from several clubs about the government's plan to spend most of the $1.6 billion of redevelopment funds on the levelling and rebuilding of Allianz Stadium. Instead, they want most of the money redirected to ANZ Stadium and are looking at ways to garner the support of other Sydney franchises.

The issues were debated at a gathering of club powerbrokers at Canterbury Leagues Club on Friday afternoon. It is understood the Bulldogs and South Sydney – the two main tenants at ANZ Stadium – led discussions and were hopeful their home ground would receive a bigger slice of the funding pie.
In an attempt to garner support, it was proposed the remaining eight suburban grounds – Pirtek Stadium, Leichhardt Oval, Kogarah Oval, Pepper Stadium, Brookvale Oval, WIN Stadium, Campbelltown Stadium and Southern Cross Group Stadium at Cronulla – receive about $25 million each in funding.

In grouping Pirtek Stadium in the "suburban ground" category, it was suggested Parramatta's home venue missed out on the $300 million the government had set aside to knock it down and rebuild.

The government is seeking a 65-game commitment from the NRL at Allianz, Pirtek and ANZ stadiums to ensure there is sufficient content at the stadiums it intends to rebuild or refurbish. It was hoped an agreement could be reached on Friday, but the deadline was extended several days as the clubs jostled for the riches set aside for the revamp of the state's stadium network.

There was a push at the meeting for the Eels to commit a minimum of two games at ANZ Stadium under the counter proposal, although that might not be as attractive a proposition, given they could instead have a new stadium of their own for all home fixtures.

It appears any push to prevent Pirtek Stadium from being rebuilt is destined to fail, as preparations to begin construction at the end of the NRL season have progressed too far.

Some Sydney clubs would prefer for Allianz to be refurbished rather than rebuilt, saving funds that could be redirected elsewhere.

But the government is keen on its original proposal and is hoping the NRL will guarantee the requisite number of matches to the "big three" stadiums.

Speaking at the launch of the State of Origin series at ANZ Stadium during the week, NSW Sports Minister Stuart Ayres said he believed the move would allow sports to increase their attendances and revenues.

"What we do want to do is provide a stadium network that allows all clubs, whatever sport they are in, to flourish," Ayres told Fairfax Media.

"We want them to be able to grow their fan and members base, we want them to grow the revenue that comes into their clubs. We think the best chance for them to do that is to have more of their content based in the network of larger stadiums.

"It provides better opportunities for fans, it provides better opportunities for corporate support. If you want to grow your product, grow your business and grow your club and take that passion and tribalism to a new level, we've seen around the world that better quality facilities let clubs do that."

By squabbling over how the funds were allocated, the clubs were jeopardising the release of funds.

"We've said right from September when we announced our stadia network, content needs to be part of the commitment," Ayres said.

"Without content, there is no cash flow through stadiums and, if there is no cash flow, there is very rarely a business case for it."

It's not Brookie
What I like is that all the Players we have bought in, when questioned about Brookie, say how much they hated playing here.
'The crowd is right on top of you and they really let you have it' from Walks and Myles >:)
We would lose this ability to intimidate from the sidelines if we sit 20+ meters away at Allianz. ANZ is a good 50+ meters if grass that's why it lacks the atmosphere, unless it's full :cool:

See John Howard about that one. Both Kogarah and Wollongong see half as many games as Brookvale, but because little Johnny was a life long Dragons fan, they got money gifted to them while grounds like Brookie got next to nothing.

I think a lot of people got sucked into thinking that the same would happen for Brookvale when Abbott became PM. As we know though......it didn't happen.
This is where the Manly hate is a huge disadvantage everyone will say how Manly are the favoured ones whereas Dragons are reasonably popular so we get nothing for Brookie. It's a vote loser in the Western Suburbs for Manly to be given anything

Why don't we move a few games to North Sydney oval? I love that ground :) I'm also the only person on the planet who was happy with the Northern Eagles hehe

You obviously didn't play on North sydney oval. After a game on a wet day, the cricket pitch would be covered in stud holes from the old metal studs. A few days in the sun for the clay base to bake rock hard. Next game any sliding contact would literally graze the skin from you like a giant cheese grater.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4