What did Brandon Smith say to the ref?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Expecting the strongly worded letter to the block of Sh*t as standard nrl punishment for the favoured few.

He seems to believe his own publicity. He's gone from mischievous larrikin to arrogant big-head in a short time and his form isn't much to write home about.
You're right Bellamy won't miss him, and also he's got rid of the Bromwich bros at the right time, champion players but clearly on the down side now.
I was surprised at some of the stuff he said when he was on the Matty Johns show last week.

Matty Johns really p*ssed in his pocket when introducing him, going on about what a great character he is & how we need more like him in the game & Smith pretty much performed like a trained monkey after that, trying so hard to be funny by half-throwing other players under the bus (calling Tohu Harris "The Zombie", saying Bellamy was directing his rant after they played us at Chris Lewis, etc,).

He reminded me of a precocious child acting up trying to impress a bunch of adults under the belief he's got carte blanche to say what he likes.

No doubt Smith is a knob and shouldn't have said what he did. But we call the refs cheating bastards (and much worse) every week and nobody questions our judgment or our right to express it…

Same with Trent Robinson's comments. Yeah, it would have been nice if he'd faced the wrath of the NRL like Des had to, but does anyone doubt that he had a valid point and that Ben Cummins is a terrible referee?

But we call the refs cheating bastards (and much worse) every week and nobody questions our judgment or our right to express it…
We do it here while sitting in our comfortable chairs but we wouldn't do it on the sideline at a juniors game (or at least I hope we don't) and that is the point, if kids and junior league players start disrespecting the ref in games with no video replay etc then pretty quickly there won't be any referees. And I wouldn't blame them.
(The stupid grinning host on NRL tonight introduced this topic as if it was a joke but to his credit Cronk patiently explained why it was an issue and he expects several weeks suspension for Smith.)

I was surprised at some of the stuff he said when he was on the Matty Johns show last week.

Matty Johns really p*ssed in his pocket when introducing him, going on about what a great character he is & how we need more like him in the game & Smith pretty much performed like a trained monkey after that, trying so hard to be funny by half-throwing other players under the bus (calling Tohu Harris "The Zombie", saying Bellamy was directing his rant after they played us at Chris Lewis, etc,).

He reminded me of a precocious child acting up trying to impress a bunch of adults under the belief he's got carte blanche to say what he likes.
He reminded me of Matty John’s
A smug over rated behind closed doors grub

We do it here while sitting in our comfortable chairs but we wouldn't do it on the sideline at a juniors game (or at least I hope we don't) and that is the point, if kids and junior league players start disrespecting the ref in games with no video replay etc then pretty quickly there won't be any referees. And I wouldn't blame them.
(The stupid grinning host on NRL tonight introduced this topic as if it was a joke but to his credit Cronk patiently explained why it was an issue and he expects several weeks suspension for Smith.)
Cronk knows the storm culture is cracked and getting wider

His punishment should be way more than AFB. Smith has directly questioned the refs integrity. That is the blurb rolled out by the nrl whenever someone like Des or Ricky make comments
Don't know about that.
Is questioning the ref's integrity worse than insulting their intelligence and that of many others?

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8