What are we missing the most?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

What position needs urgent recruiting?

• Total voters

Kalvin

Bencher
Interested to get everyone's thoughts on this. If you were wearing your coach/recruitment hat and had 2 positions we could fill asap which would they be?

For me we are lacking serious/quality depth on the wings and centres outside Garrick, Saab and koula....

The other spot for me is hooker as commendable as crocker is I don't see us winning a comp with his attack.

Others might say we lack an intimidating forward leader etc!

Hooker. Without doubt. Watching other games this weekend, we offer nothing from hooker. Too pedestrian, no eyes up footy. Watching even the titans today their hooker off the bench runs rings around Crocker.

We need to get Gordon on the bench ASAP. Someone who can start directing traffic, put the defence in two minds, actually run with the ball.

Outside that. An athletic centre.

We have the worst centre paring in the comp without Koula

Hooker. Without doubt. Watching other games this weekend, we offer nothing from hooker. Too pedestrian, no eyes up footy. Watching even the titans today their hooker off the bench runs rings around Crocker.

We need to get Gordon on the bench ASAP. Someone who can start directing traffic, put the defence in two minds, actually run with the ball.

Outside that. An athletic centre.

We have the worst centre paring in the comp without Koula
Agreed. Add a game managing 7, and a tough hard nut forward leader, and we can start talking about competing with the best.

A 5/8 thats going to be there every game so he can build a combination with his halfback. Maybe blood Humphries. Like I said in an earlier post, its hard for our current halfback to build combinations when he has had 3 different 5/8s in three games, in a week

Where to start... can we start from scratch?

We need some cheap, big, bad, ugly mother ****ers to add some starch. So I'd go as far as getting both wiremu Greig and Franklin Pele here. One at a minimum. A roving type mobile lock with some ball skills, that can find the white line. I'd go pretty hard for Josh Curran who is currently coming off the bench at the warriors. A centre and obviously a hooker. But not much quality out there that you wouldn't have to break the bank for. So i'd have to target some up and comers / cheaper players in Soni Luke and Kayal Iro or Sean Russell

Who was our last marquee signing. When did we last buy a star or 2. This bullsh!t Blacktown thing is an absolute failure. Fulton's have failed in recruitment. Back to back spoons at Blacktown and thats our feeder.
DCE is absolutely terrible and has thrown his toys out of the cot, I believe, this season. Canberra needing a clean out and they have played in a GF only 4 years ago. What do we need then, a street sweeper, clean them all out and that goes for the owner. Under Penn's sole dictatorship we have achieved sweet FA .....There are not that many players at the club that would walk into first grade at any other club.

We need some cheap, big, bad, ugly mother ****ers to add some starch. So I'd go as far as getting both wiremu Greig and Franklin Pele here. One at a minimum. A roving type mobile lock with some ball skills, that can find the white line. I'd go pretty hard for Josh Curran who is currently coming off the bench at the warriors. A centre and obviously a hooker. But not much quality out there that you wouldn't have to break the bank for. So i'd have to target some up and comers / cheaper players in Soni Luke and Kayal Iro or Sean Russell
I like your thinking...If we could somehow sign big Nelson who is off contract as well as Wiremu, we would have a monster pack that would be feared. Add in a scheming rotation hooker combo of Weekes/Gordy and we have the ingredients for a competitive team.
I'd let go of Keppe, Aloai, Paseka,Croker,Tuilagi,etc.

Forward pack would look like this

13 Jake
12 Mole
11 Bully
10 Greig
9 Gordy
8 Nelson

Bench:
14 Weekes
15 TSips
16 Woods
17 Fainu

Last edited:

On that note how many 5/8’s has Dce had since 2016.

Walker
Blake green
Hodkinson
Cade cust
Croker
Kane elgey
Foran
Schuster

Just to name a few

Walker
Blake green
Hodkinson
Cade cust
Croker
Kane elgey
Foran
Schuster

Just to name a few
Well perhaps if he wasn’t soaking up $1.25m of the cap for all of that time, we could have afforded a decent “organising” halves partner for him. Or maybe if he was capable of steering a team around the park (as you should reasonably expect if you’re paying $1.25m for a half) it shouldn’t matter who was in the #6.

Walker
Blake green
Hodkinson
Cade cust
Croker
Kane elgey
Foran
Schuster

Just to name a few

And when he is devouring so much cap space, what other option would be expected?

Even if a guy like Shu comes half good, he sees his skipper on the big $$$$$, and says "where's mine"?

Well perhaps if he wasn’t soaking up $1.25m of the cap for all of that time, we could have afforded a decent “organising” halves partner for him. Or maybe if he was capable of steering a team around the park (as you should reasonably expect if you’re paying $1.25m for a half) it shouldn’t matter who was in the #6.
We could have had a cheapie by the name of Nicho Hynes, but thats another story.

A dummy half to put pressure on the opposition defence
Defensive ability to control the ruck
Often they will score through either the wing or edges due to this.
More pressure on last play to the kicker and better chase from our kick

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7