What a load of bollocks!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
We will fight them on the Northern Beaches . We will never Surrender That should be the Motto that you should be encouraging for the Sea Eagles of 2019 and beyond . B T W , think that Winston "s mother may have been American so may have to do a little revision there on his ancestory . Certainly let "s hope how ever if a Pommie forward is in the offering that he will be a goer with some decent grunt [ Bull Dog or whatever ].
********************We will conquer them on the Northern Beaches!!! ********************
That is a Great inspirational supporters banner for our home games feathered friend .
We want to regain our fortress . We want to make Manly Great again !

images.jpg

Lane still put in for Manly after the Hastings incident so do not think that this was a serious motivation . Got the impression that negotiations to keep him at Manly went on for a few weeks so at the end of the day , would say that the extra coin that was on offer from the Eels was the deciding factor .

How Arthur convinced Lane to join Parramatta
Author
Alicia NewtonNRL.com Reporter
Timestamp
Tue 29 Jan 2019, 10:01 AM
newtonalicia-head.png

Parramatta recruit Shaun Lane says an open talk with Eels coach Brad Arthur convinced the back-rower to reject a new deal with Manly and join his fourth club in five seasons.

Lane has settled into his new surroundings in Sydney's west while continuing to study a health science degree at the University of Sydney on a part-time basis.

After featuring in every game of 2018 and cementing a starting spot with the struggling Sea Eagles outfit, it is natural to ask why Lane would again chase a fresh start elsewhere.

"I got asked this by one of the Parramatta blokes when I arrived and I said it just felt good to be wanted," Lane told NRL.com.

"When I first met with Brad he looked me dead in the eye and said I really want you at the club.

"He said we'll be a better club with you and like how you are as a person. That was the main thing for me and it really hit home.

"All the clubs that I've been to I've always been looking for a home and somewhere that wants me to stick around. Hopefully, I can stay for good.

So, all it took was a look into the sincere eyes of the Dalai and he was in love...
How pathetic is this piece of 'journalism'?

Moses: Dylan Brown's a classy player

The departure of Lane caught the Sea Eagles off guard in June.

His former club made their feelings known when announcing the 24-year-old's departure, declaring they were disappointed by his decision and believed they made "a more than competitive offer for Shaun's services" before the Eels landed his signature.

But the return of Manly forward Curtis Sironen from an ACL injury was set to present another roadblock for Lane in 2019, whereas the Eels had a clear opening in their starting back row with the right edge spot up for grabs.

"I saw [Manly's media release] and it's a bit for them to protect themselves and it's a compliment for myself that they did want to keep me," Lane said.

"The season couldn't have gone any better for me personally, I started off the bench and through a few injuries got an opportunity. I scored a bunch of tries and it turned into a season I needed.

"I feel I've made the best decision for my career. At the end of the 2017 season I found myself in a predicament. I wasn't anything near a consistent first-grader.

"I'd spent the last three years out of first grade, showed some potential but didn't take a hold of a position at any club.

"I always like it when there is a position up for grabs, I haven't known any different. I've always had to earn my spot and this will be no different at the Eels."

From my understanding, Manly WANTED to keep him and was open about that.

The Eels offer was $100K more than Manly's. He signed with the Eels.

I suspect Lane had decided Barrett's coaching was not going to offer him further advancement. Certainly The Dalai is a clever manipulator, convincing them he can make gold out of wooden spoons. I wonder if he is regretting his decision now that Des is in charge. I think you jumped the gun, lad.

I suspect Lane had decided Barrett's coaching was not going to offer him further advancement. Certainly The Dalai is a clever manipulator, convincing them he can make gold out of wooden spoons. I wonder if he is regretting his decision now that Des is in charge. I think you jumped the gun, lad.

I’d like to have kept Lane but I’m sure when Des was at the dogs it was him who punted Lane to the warriors for a trade with Faitala-Mariner.

Lane may well be thinking he did the right thing with Des coming to us although Des would’ve had to have seen the improvement in Lane. Would’ve been interesting to see if Des would’ve picked him in the starting side or leave him on the bench.

We’ll never know!

I suspect the ongoing Barrett circus was a factor. Unfortunately for lane he will have an Arthur circus to deal with this year, as super coach is on very thin ice now at parra due to the spoon.

I may be right, I may be wrong. But my reading is that after what went down with Hastings, Lane basically wanted out of Manly and signed with the first club to show interest and offer a good dollar amount.

Yep Lane wanted the club to tell the truth (whatever that was) and said he wouldnt "toe the official line if questioned".

His Manly career finished there and then.

Pity we lost him.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6