What a Disgrace !

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
globaleagle said:
maybe they think they'll get boo'ed.
ialy
Is there a club function coming up?

officially I cant say perhaps some officials can clarify, officially of course we dont want to have any confusion.

The MWTS have nothing to do with it HH, that was simply where about 500 fans were sitting and they happened to be in the middle of that same area. It was the fact that there were two bays of supporters there and many thought that should have been acknowledged.

And no the MWTS don't deserve "special recognition", every fan who travelled down deserved that, which is the point of what I am trying to get across!!

FFS I am simply telling you some of the fans we not happy, if you don't like me saying that then bad luck, I am simply passing on the thoughts of others.

And as I said after DSM's comments (he was there I wasn't) a lot had left anyway....lets leave it at that shall we!!

I stayed until the end (I was frozen by shock of what had just happened) I didn't expect them to come all the way over to us in the corner.
They were filthy with their game and copping it from the Storm fans on the way over wouldn't have been a great feeling.

I agree that we should never be compared with Souffs fans, or any other club's fans for that matter. We support a superior team that is used to continued success. That probably supports the theory that Manly fans take defeats harder than other team's fans who seem satisfied with mediocrity.

Didnt really want to lift this topic back up, but didn't want to start a fresh one either

Post presentation the other night, most of the Dogs players disappeared into the sheds, other than Barba, Inu, Kasiano and I think Eastwood, who walked to the other end of the field to see some of the fans who had stuck around

bones said:
Volley said:
I was there, I didn't expect them to come over, and I'm fine with them not coming over. It's not a disgrace at all.

It certainly wasn't as bad as the muppet in Bay 10 who let a 10 year old Melbourne ball boy get under his skin and then proceeded to flip the boy the bird and yell profanities at him. Embarrassing display.

Haha that wasn't what it seemed. Jason knows that kid through his sons footy team. There was definitely no swearing or anything, just a bit of jibing. When the ball boy saw who it was yelling out he gave a laugh and a wave. He knew it was a joke. When Jason and I went over to the tunnel at halftime for the halftime goal kicking comp (which we won) he was chatting to the kid asking if he knew it was him yelling out. He laughed and said 'yeah of course' .

I'll give him the ben. of the d then. Probably should ease up on using the bird though in future. Not the greatest look. Doesn't offend me, but someone needs to think of the children.

Nice bump Kiwi, it seems the Dogs players have out-performed the Manly players in all facets this season. Was that the point you were trying to make?

Volley said:
Probably should ease up on using the bird though in future. Not the greatest look. Doesn't offend me, but someone needs to think of the children.

Memo to Dave Taylor...

Volley said:
bones said:
Volley said:
I was there, I didn't expect them to come over, and I'm fine with them not coming over. It's not a disgrace at all.

It certainly wasn't as bad as the muppet in Bay 10 who let a 10 year old Melbourne ball boy get under his skin and then proceeded to flip the boy the bird and yell profanities at him. Embarrassing display.

Haha that wasn't what it seemed. Jason knows that kid through his sons footy team. There was definitely no swearing or anything, just a bit of jibing. When the ball boy saw who it was yelling out he gave a laugh and a wave. He knew it was a joke. When Jason and I went over to the tunnel at halftime for the halftime goal kicking comp (which we won) he was chatting to the kid asking if he knew it was him yelling out. He laughed and said 'yeah of course' .

I'll give him the ben. of the d then. Probably should ease up on using the bird though in future. Not the greatest look. Doesn't offend me, but someone needs to think of the children.

Nice bump Kiwi, it seems the Dogs players have out-performed the Manly players in all facets this season. Was that the point you were trying to make?

Lol no point just bored and seeing where this could take us

Kiwi Eagle said:
Didnt really want to lift this topic back up, but didn't want to start a fresh one either

Post presentation the other night, most of the Dogs players disappeared into the sheds, other than Barba, Inu, Kasiano and I think Eastwood, who walked to the other end of the field to see some of the fans who had stuck around

Last year the entire playing group made their way around the entire perimeter of the stadium, before heading up to the sheds.

They took their time too with security trying to move us on before they'd finished up.

Hamster Huey said:
Kiwi Eagle said:

Last year the entire playing group made their way around the entire perimeter of the stadium, before heading up to the sheds.

They took their time too with security trying to move us on before they'd finished up.

The difference was that we won. It was a victory lap. No excuse for the dogs though. They owe their rabid fans a little more respect.

By doing it after a loss you can take ownership for the loss not pretend it didn't happen. You take a mental note on how it feels and use it next time to not feel that way, so you try to win The other team supporters don't want you to do it. So you do. The fans love you more for your efforts and the brand grows. Winning isn't easy and losing (especially big games) is and should be very difficult, but it must be embrassed if you want to move past it.

Frank said:
Hamster Huey said:
Kiwi Eagle said:

The difference was that we won. It was a victory lap. No excuse for the dogs though. They owe their rabid fans a little more respect.

My bad. All the talk beforehand was focused on a Dogs premiership and dynastys so I just immediately thought that they had won it.

Nah, I just stuffed up.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4