• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
PONTIAN SEA EAGLE said:
Shhhh don't give the bulldogs ideas.

Yep, i am guessing someone at that club knows who is off contract at years end.

Was solid last week and showed glimpses. Tonight he got more involved and had more opportunity, played well. Has nice footwork and looked good defensively.

Whare was great. Oldfield's pace made the tryscoring chance and turned another chance into an easy try. And Buhrer turned the game by giving go-forward.

The most frustrating thing about the game was the delay in getting the third man into the tackle around the legs. How do you expect to slow them down, or stop easy metres with only two tacklers?

Great game from the kid. All he needed was a chance and he's grabbed it with both hands. He's got it all,speed, footwork, good hands and defence very solid. Be interesting to see what Tooves does when Matai returns.

Yes Whare was far better last night and funnily enough his winger got more ball and looked a lot better as well.

Given a bit of time its funny how combinations start to work.

It's nice to know we have someone capable to step up, I hope he doesn't attract to many offers after last nights performance but he looks made for first grade.

Good Post!! I thought he was very good, also defended very well made alot of good 1on1 tackles which you need to do as a good centre!
Seems good on his feet has some pace and footwork id like to see what he can do more 1on1 against the opp to.

Good start by him

PONTIAN SEA EAGLE said:
Shhhh don't give the bulldogs ideas.

In the days just before Des departure last year I was talking to a guy who is a small sponsor of the Bulldogs who has some association with officials who said that Whare was going to be the first player to switch from Manly to the Bulldogs and follow Des across. At the time I didnt think Des was going.....but there you go.

He was asking me about what he played like cause he didnt know much about him so it seemed unlikely he was using it as a wind up or it was some wild rumour. More like "who is this bloke we are signing ?? "

Of course nothing has happened subsequently but Whare is not worh the Telegraph sensationalising about ...if he plays a couple more games expect the stories to start about our latest crisis departure.

Can we please make this thread a sticky for the next time one of these kids has a rough game?

They just need some time

Was stoked to see him have a great game, will do his confidence the world of good. a bit more game experience and he will gain those extra few steps in his little dummy half charges that we are missing without hoppa. looks to have the fire in his belly.

Dean Whare

In a losing team on Monday night I thought this kid had a good game.

He's replacing one of our best whilst he's injured and I thought he hardly put a foot wrong on Monday night.

As long as we can keep him he will be an able replacement for Shoulders or Killer when they either move on or retire from the game.

I know he's had limited game time, and will continue to get that whilst ever our front line two are playing so I just hope he's patient.

RE: Dean Whare

And off contract as well Mark!
When he made his debut for us I wondered if he had the size to make it but he certainly looked like he's bulked up in the last few years.
Not going down the "hope who we keep" road again, but it would be a shame to lose such a handy replacement.

As there are a fair few reasonable centres in the game you would like to think that would keep prices somewhat realistic. Most teams seem to have some depth in their centres. If there is no big demand surely we stand a resonable chance of keeping Whare.

He was one of the best easily. His draw and pass was timed perfectly and looked to add quite a lot in attack and defense

Good player, but unfortunately been out with injury a lot. Hope he can stay injury free. He looks like a Michael Jennings in the way he runs, fleet footed and his defence is solid.

He had that bad ankle break in the junior international match before the start of last year which really set him back & allowed Oldfield to jump ahead of him on the pecking order (& subsequently snatch a spot for himself in the starting thirteen). Very impressed with the way that he handled himself in recovering from that injury & getting back to form so quickly. He's a gun & should take over a spot in the next year or two.

Aside from being a Giants fan he seems like quite a nice bloke as well.

i shared a ciggie with him and matai at the miramare gardens after GF celebrations!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7