We're clean

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
G Lowe just quoted on 2HD radio news, saying this is a black day for rugby league, and the salary cap is there to be honoured by all clubs.

There is no other explanation for why he would he come out and make such a public statement other than that he had made due enquiries & satisfied himself that Manly has done  - absolutely nothing -  wrong.

Which is of course consistent with us not being that flush with funds in recent years. Interesting, because many people will assume Storm have not been the only cheats.

Good News !At least theres one club in the NRL that can play it by the book and not have to cheat to be a dominating force in the competition.

we have been fined once for going over.

Thats said we are still the with the best salary cap record

I must admit to some nerves on that front. When you look at our roster, we've got some pretty good talent, many of whom have only recently inked new deals. It does make you wonder how we can retain the quality of player we have. Also you would imagine it would be easier for a privately owned club to "rort" the system, rather than those controlled by football boards. Obviously I'm not saying anything is going on at Manly, just makes you think some times, I have the same thoughts when I've looked at Broncos rosters in years gone by.

Fluffy link said:
we have been fined once for going over.
Thats said we are still the with the best salary cap record

When was that?

Always thought we were the only side never to have been done.

i thought there were a few others too who had not been done.

Still pretty concerning looks like there will be a lot of people pouring over books in the next few weeks. I am sure this wont be an isolated case

think in 2006/7 souths and warriors?? got done leaving us as the only team never done then the next year we got fined about 10K

Dan link said:
i thought there were a few others too who had not been done.

Still pretty concerning looks like there will be a lot of people pouring over books in the next few weeks. I am sure this wont be an isolated case

This was apparently only found because of a whistle-blower.

And Storm's stupidity for keeping the second set of books on the premises.

This is the problem. unfortunately somewhere down the line you are going to piss off an employee or someone down the line and as such they are going to get you back. Silly silly stuff, I am sure just about every club has some minor breaches but to go to this extent is crazy

Manly may be clean, but ...

Most of the Storm players have premiership tattoos.  Imagine being a Storm player and waking up to look at your premiership tattoo every day for the rest of your life.

Chip & Chase link said:
Club: Tigers

Season: 2010

Breach: Playing an Unregistered Player.  No contract or Registration. Rnd 1

Date of Breach Notice: 24/03/10

Date of Imposition of Penalty: 31/03/10

Fine: $2,500

Was this unregistered player that they played against us Lote Tuqiri who scored a try against us in that Round 1 game?

Jethro link said:
[quote author=Chip & Chase link=topic=183102.msg260235#msg260235 date=1271940596]

Have a look here and you'll see who the serial offenders are.

http://www.nrl.com/news/news/newsarticle/tabid/10874/newsid/58361/history-of-salary-cap-breaches/default.aspx
Club: Tigers

Season: 2010

Breach: Playing an Unregistered Player.  No contract or Registration. Rnd 1

Date of Breach Notice: 24/03/10

Date of Imposition of Penalty: 31/03/10

Fine: $2,500

Was this unregistered player that they played against us Lote Tuqiri who scored a try against us in that Round 1 game?
[/quote]

interesting!!!

Let us hope that we are clean and that we don't have any skeletons in our closet because Waldron will surely dump on anyone and everyone now because he is facing jail time.

He made a comment in today's telepcrap saying that all clubs rort the salary cap and mentoned an (unnamed) player who they lost because of a sponsor paid $200k to the player which wasn't  included in the salary cap. 

Lets hope that nothing is uncovered regading our signing of orford.

tookey link said:
Let us hope that we are clean and that we don't have any skeletons in our closet because Waldron will surely dump on anyone and everyone now because he is facing jail time.

He made a comment in today's telepcrap saying that all clubs rort the salary cap and mentoned an (unnamed) player who they lost because of a sponsor paid $200k to the player which wasn't  included in the salary cap. 

Lets hope that nothing is uncovered regading our signing of orford.

Thats a bit of a worry because there was always the rumour he got 650K to sign and I remeber reading somewhere the club was paying him 450K on the books

BErKeLEy_eAgLe link said:
The history of NRL Salary Cap breaches:
[quote author=Chip & Chase link=topic=183102.msg260235#msg260235 date=1271940596]

Have a look here and you'll see who the serial offenders are.

http://www.nrl.com/news/news/newsarticle/tabid/10874/newsid/58361/history-of-salary-cap-breaches/default.aspx

and who isnt on that list
[/quote]

Every team is somewhere on that list including Manly in 2004 but at least we appear to be one of the cleanest with that one and only breach and also Parramatta with one breach back in 2000.

[img=400x245]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b202/Jethro01/SalaryCapBreaches.jpg[/img]
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b202/Jethro01/SalaryCapBreaches.jpg

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4