Went to school with old school Manly players

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Len Diett was a PE teacher at MBH when I was there. Think he used to walk (or run) from Manly Wharf to school at Brookie every day.
Edit: Might of oopsed, thoughy he played for Manly at one time but appears to be not so according to RL Project.

My old man sat next Michael O'Connor who was a guest during a high school function. He also taught Brett Hodgson, and my high school PE teacher was Perry Haddock.

Len Diett was a PE teacher at MBH when I was there. Think he used to walk (or run) from Manly Wharf to school at Brookie every day.
Edit: Might of oopsed, thoughy he played for Manly at one time but appears to be not so according to RL Project.
He was a Manly junior in rugby, but played league for Norths.

Funnily enough, I also thought he had turned out for the SEs.

When I was at school just as he was breaking into reserve grade Beaver Menzies was at a sports day (not our school maybe Killara High?) i think he was a student teacher / pe maybe?

In high school, Lindsay Drake (197) & Terry Hill (212) were a year ahead of me, whilst Bill Clare (211) was in the year below me. I attended primary school with Gary Thoroughgood (215).

Btw, this is a repeat of this 2022 thread

Last edited:
Des taught me just before he started coaching first grade. Probably the scariest teacher I ever had.
Yeah Des was a teacher at our school too - circa 1985. Used to never admit he was the same Des Hasler as the one playing. Would come to school with the same injury but claim it was his twin brother playing footy and he'd got the injury riding a horse. Very convincing.

He was a Manly junior in rugby, but played league for Norths.

Funnily enough, I also thought he had turned out for the SEs.
Lenny Diett was a class mate of mine. He was always a brilliant schoolboy footballer. Originally played junior league for Dee Why but then got introduced to union at MBHS. He captained the 1st XV in 1956 (which won the comp), and also CHS which whipped GPS that year. He went on to play Union for Manly and Australia and then went to N. Sydney League - where he also represented Australia. His brother Kevin Diett also played for Manly in the early 1950's. Lenny Diett was a very classy footballer - and person.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8