well knock me down with a feather

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

The Gronk

Bencher
Bellamy's five-year Melbourne deal

Brent Read | April 18, 2008

MELBOURNE coach Craig Bellamy has rejected a massive offer from Brisbane, instead signing a five-year deal to stay at the Storm.

Bellamy, who guided the Storm to last year’s premiership, was the subject of a tug-o-war between the two clubs.

However, the NSW coach is believed to have ended the guessing game over his future by informing Brisbane and Melbourne officials this morning he would stay at the Storm.

Bellamy’s decision is a setback for the Broncos, who had earmarked him as the long-term replacement for Wayne Bennett.

Bennett wil end his 21-year reign at the Broncos at the end of season before taking up a three-year deal to coach St George Illawarra.

Brisbane assistant Ivan Henjak, who was expected to be appointed as interim coach at season’s end, will become a leading contender for the full-time position. St Helens coach Daniel Anderson is also a potential contender.

Israel Folau must be feeling like a bit of a nong going off to the bongos now. 

Bellamy must be more cashed up than Tony Mokbel now.

I suspected as much when Dallas Johnson re-signed earlier in the week.

I could only imagine the $$$ News Limited are pouring in....
See this pace for more illegal tackles from Melbourne going forward.

Is this the start of the end for Brisbane?

End of being up near the top though Newslimited won;t let it happen for too long

I wish Toovey would have more of a coaching role rather than trainer with us

DVS Matt link said:
I reckon Tooves is in the same mould.

When he was head of PL, they weren't a flashy side to say the least

I agree, it was the exact opposite to what Ryan is suggesting. Their position last year wasn't anywhere near what they should have come with the cattle they had.

BS the cattle in PL were ****, we had no decent halves or anything.

We really struggled for backup and have for years, this shows in the depth we are struggling for now.

I think Toovey would add more to this team than Des.

Dan link said:
BS the cattle in PL were S**t, we had no decent halves or anything.

We really struggled for backup and have for years, this shows in the depth we are struggling for now.

I think Toovey would add more to this team than Des.

Groom added so much more last year then the halves in NSW Cup have this year. Then they tried playing him at hooker, silly silly move. 

I don't think Toovey got to make all the decisions about players they were looking to excuse the pun, "groom"  with groom being the obvious example they tried to toughen his defense by putting him in Hooker, they werent trying to win everything instead of gettign them ready in what ways they could

Giv Toovey developed cattle and I think he would have the balls to drop under performers

Dan link said:
I don't think Toovey got to make all the decisions about players they were looking to excuse the pun, \"groom\"  with groom being the obvious example they tried to toughen his defense by putting him in Hooker, they werent trying to win everything instead of gettign them ready in what ways they could

Giv Toovey developed cattle and I think he would have the balls to drop under performers

His defence has always been suspect. I remember watching numerous games last year, only to see him injured. Perhaps it was a size thing, I'm not sure, but I think we should have tried to develop him the way the Bulldogs are currently developing Ben Barba. He's that type of player.

Ahh, the benefits of hindsight.  :)

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6