Well done Wendell

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

The Wheel

https://membership.seaeagles.com.au/
Premium Member
Sailor cops ban for nightclub incident

Wallaby winger Wendell Sailor has been suspended for one match and fined an undisclosed amount for inappropriate behaviour while intoxicated in Cape Town on Friday night.

Sailor received the penalty when he appeared before a NSW Waratahs disciplinary committee chaired by NSW Rugby Union chief executive Fraser Neill and including team manager Scott Harrison and player representatives Chris Whitaker and Adam Freier.

A NSWRU statement said Sailor would return home from the tour on Tuesday after being banned for the remaining game against the Bulls in Pretoria this weekend.

A South African newspaper broke the story about Sailor on Sunday, claiming he had pushed a man to the ground outside a Cape Town nightclub.

Sailor has since admitted to a reporter that he was intoxicated and had pushed the man, and also vomited outside the nightclub.

The NSWRU did not reveal details of the incident in its statement but said Sailor admitted he was out drinking on Friday night after being ruled out of the Waratahs' team for Saturday's Super 14 match against the Stormers with a hamstring strain.

"After looking at the facts of the matter we arrived at a one game suspension which includes the loss of a match payment along with an undisclosed fine," said Neill.

"It's obviously disappointing to see this happen and we find it totally unacceptable behaviour, as does Wendell."

If this was a League player can you imagine the headlines. Mind you they are probably still saying Ex-Leaguie. Learnt all his bad habit there!!

He can't play rugby and he can't hold his liquor either.

Useless idiot.

He can't play rugby? He's only a Wallaby!

I bet the bloke he pushed was white and he probably called the dell a kaffir. Dell probably retaliated and pushed the yarpie over. Big ****en deal. If Tim Smith can get away with trying to bash someone dell should get away with pushing someone over.

Hey Fonz - if you read today's telegraph Sailor's own words about the push is "the guy was talking rugby a lot...it was non stop.....and at one stage I obviously said I don't want to talk anymore mate.".

The guy only wanted to talk to him about rugby. There is no mention of him being called any names and if there had of been then Sailor would have been telling everyone that so as to justify his actions.

It appears a case of he didn't want to talk to the guy anymore and pushed him away.

Pretty stupid because I know quite a few people from south africa and they say that most white people there carry a handgun for protection. he is lucky that he didn't get shot.

Hey Fonz - if you read today's telegraph Sailor's own words about the push is \"the guy was talking rugby a lot...it was non stop.....and at one stage I obviously said I don't want to talk anymore mate.\".

The guy only wanted to talk to him about rugby. There is no mention of him being called any names and if there had of been then Sailor would have been telling everyone that so as to justify his actions.

It appears a case of he didn't want to talk to the guy anymore and pushed him away.

Pretty stupid because I know quite a few people from south africa and they say that most white people there carry a handgun for protection. he is lucky that he didn't get shot.

Yeah and I've heard it is not wise to stop at traffic lights red, green or amber, due to car jackings...that's why the police are apparently lenient on drink driving.

Or a number of other suburbs in Sydney - Macquarie fields, Minto, Lakemba etc etc

[quote author=tookey]
Hey Fonz - if you read today's telegraph Sailor's own words about the push is \"the guy was talking rugby a lot...it was non stop.....and at one stage I obviously said I don't want to talk anymore mate.\".

Yeah and I've heard it is not wise to stop at traffic lights red, green or amber, due to car jackings...that's why the police are apparently lenient on drink driving.

[/quote]

And in a lot of areas parents do not let their children ride their push bikes out on the street because of the fear of kidnappings. Most well to do people live behind walled suburbs surrounded by brick and barbed wire fences and with 24 hour armed security guards patrolling.

It was stupid for Sailor to be out drinking late at night in South Africa because of the security problems and the fact that he would be an obvious target. It is not like he is going to the steyne for a drink at manly.

Tookey I used to work next to some Saffas who moved out of SA due to the fact that Trevor's business partner was murdered. Exactly as you stated above, they lived in a street that was blocked off by a 24 security checkpoint and all the houses were surrounded by barbed wire etc. They still have two German shepards that they bought over here with them. I went to their house for drinks one afternoon and I asked if the dogs were ok, he told me so long as he didnt say one word (never told me what it was either) that I would be ok.

He was telling us a story about a mate of his and his wife. They had a car accident, the car had rolled onto its roof. They were both trapped in the car and seriously injured, calling for help, two guys came over, took all of their cash and jewellery and left them for dead.

AND FONZ - Sailor is only a Wallaby because that was part of his deal when he switched codes. He will not play come World Cup time unless Lote moves into the centres which is highly unlikey as they want Gituea there.

AND FONZ - Sailor is only a Wallaby because that was part of his deal when he switched codes. He will not play come World Cup time unless Lote moves into the centres which is highly unlikey as they want Gituea there.

The ARU is paying Sailor $700k a year and they are going to put him in the wallaby team no matter how bad he plays.

[quote author=clontaago]

The ARU is paying Sailor $700k a year and they are going to put him in the wallaby team no matter how bad he plays.

[/quote]

He will be back in league before the World Cup.

He's simply not good enough SB to be playing in the Wallabies side. He may get paid well over there but the ARU will not risk going into a World Cup with players who arent up to scratch. They are under huge pressure as it is.

Below is an article I just found:

Who will be a Wallaby?
By Michael Rayner

A bit premature perhaps, but I reckon you can pick the Wallaby team already.

Assuming Stirling Mortlock and Mark Gerrard are out with injury, and Justin Harrison out also, mine would be:

Mat Rogers, Lote Tuqiri, Morgan Turinui, Matt Giteau, Clyde Rathbone, Stephen Larkham, George Gregan, David Lyons, George Smith, Dan Vickerman, Nathan Sharpe, Phil Waugh, Al Baxter, Jeremy Paul and Matt Dunning.

Four back reserves would be: Chris Latham, Peter Hewat, Nathan Grey and Chris Whitaker and four forward reserves would be: Adam Freier, David Fitter, Mark Chisholm and Scott Fava.

The tough decisions in this team are omitting Cameron Shepherd for Peter Hewat in the reserve backs and in the forwards omitting Radike Samo and Stephen Hoiles from the bench.

However, the most threatened position in the forwards is I believe Lyons's spot, and Hoiles might well have it by 2007. Samo is a quandary, as he has generally been a flop in the backrow, and more effective from the lock position, but without the scale to be a first-choice lock.

The 23 strong team has 12 Waratahs, nine Brumbies and only two Reds, but the balance would alter if Gerrard and Mortlock were fit (Gerrard in for Hewat and threatening Rathbone; Mortlock in for Turinui).

I do feel reluctance to leave out Elton Flatley, one of the great Wallabies who almost saved the team at the last World Cup, but he has been playing only steadily and perhaps the time has come.

Fava, I believe, has been playing with such gusto that he holds out Hoiles at this point in time and deserves his spot. Roe I did not consider because he has been disappointing at Test level and for the Reds so far.

Baxter and Dunning remind me of Ewen McKenzie and Tony Daly and I think Bill Young has served his time.

Shaun Berne has been inspirational for the Blues and might become a possibility instead of Grey, but with Giteau covering fly half back-up to Larkham, Grey's versatility is more valuable, as is the way he's been playing at full throttle.

Whitaker shades Henjak as his brain can guide an entire team. Notable is the absence of Wendell Sailor and Brendan Cannon.

In Sailor's position, the riches are just too great with Rathbone (and a fit Gerrard) well ahead, and Hewat and Shepherd playing mercurially.

Cannon, like Flatley, has been a stalwart but is now on the Waratahs' bench, and I'd have my eye on Stephen Moore looking towards 2007.

The fight for about half the positions is tight however. Those unthreatened to me are Rogers because Latham is too hot and cold, Tuqiri because he is the world's finest winger (over Joe Rokocoko and Doug Howlett), Giteau because he's simply brilliant, Larkham because he is the General, Smith and Waugh because they are ceaseless and Vickerman because I think he's better than Harrison.

The team has ample goalkickers in Rogers, Giteau and Hewat.

Looking to the World Cup, the position that will be most concerning, I suspect, is inside centre.

Should Giteau be required at fly half, there is no obvious replacement for him. Grey is a proven stopgap but no Tim Horan, nor is Gene Fairbanks when he's playing well.

The player that just might come to the rescue is Junior Pelesasa, untried here so far, but I'd prefer to see him that position anyway for the Reds with Mitchell outside him.

He is quick and tough, a good match up for Tana Umaga, and might well be dynamite in a star-studded Wallaby backline.

I agree that he doesn't deserve a place in the Wallabies, but the riches of union even just with the Tah's may be too lucrative to pass up.

Presumably the only league club he would go back to would be the Bronco's and they would be hard pressed to find room under the cap to match what he could get in Rugby.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4