Welcome home Toovey

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

DUFFMAN

Bencher

What’s the Buzz: Favourite son Geoff Toovey returning home to Manly Sea Eagles​

Geoff Toovey is arguably Manly’s most popular player of all time — and after a bitter split with the club, he’s set to return to Brookvale.

Manly legend Geoff Toovey is returning home to Brookvale after an eight-year absence.
The former coach and champion halfback has agreed to take on a senior role with the football club as coaching director of Harold Matthews, SG Ball and Jersey Flegg.
He will also assist with the mentoring of some of the younger NRL stars.
The likes of struggling five-eighth Josh Schuster would benefit enormously from Toovey’s guidance.
“Tooves has got so much to offer us,” Manly chief executive Tony Mestrov said.

Manly Sea Eagles legend Geoff Toovey is coming home to Brookvale.

Manly Sea Eagles legend Geoff Toovey is coming home to Brookvale.
“Everyone is so happy to have him back; the players and all the staff.
“The members and fans will love it, too. He is so popular and so respected.
“The junior reps program is such an important part of an NRL club.
“Tooves will oversee the coaching of our best juniors to ensure they are ready for NRL when their time comes.”
Toovey is arguably the Sea Eagles’ most popular player of all time.
He played 286 games for Manly and Northern Eagles.
He coached the club between 2012 and 2015 for a 58 per cent win record before leaving in emotional circumstances.

Geoff Toovey is arguably the Sea Eagles’ most popular player of all time.

Geoff Toovey is arguably the Sea Eagles’ most popular player of all time.
Toovey’s departure – when he was sacked and replaced by Trent Barrett in 2016 – became one of the most bitter upheavals in the club’s history.
He has previously rejected opportunities to return to the club, instead working for Warringah Rats rugby union club and in an assistant role with the NSW women’s State of Origin side.
He was also on the coaching staff of the Samoan team that made the final of the World Cup.

Last edited:
The only positive thing from fRothtool I can celebrate.

I challnege the most popular call, I reckon Beaver might be in front.

Wasn’t reporter ‘Grapesof’ Rothfield one of Zorba’s (on behalf of his nephew) ‘useful idiots/tools of the trade’ in helping to undermine Toovey to start with?

Yes he was, as early as late 2014, kicking off with a piece that Toovey was under pressure leading into the 2015 season.

Oh we must be ****ed. If the club after all these years are actually bringing back the Toovs back home. Why the sudden need to get supporters on side and have us all feel good about the club? Something big and unpopular is about to drop for sure. Baton down the Hatcher's and load up on AFL all of a sudden, as the Sea Eagles must be once again about to commence an invasion and declare war.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4