We won't make the Top 8

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Shall I change to " well had we won a couple more we wouldn't be in this position"??

Regardless of which games are referred to it's the close games we lost that are the ones we needed to win!!

I think we are going on a massive ride and will win all four and sneak into 7th or 8th, we do that and the sky is the limit!!
All we can do is win all of our remaining games and see how the cards fall for the other teams above us.
The farking Dogs though certainly got a legup playing us twice within a month earlier in the season when we couldn't beat time with a stick
Also, in hindsight, giving Canberra a "home game " earlier in the year in Albury certainly didn't help either, obviously the cash is worth more than the points to the owners, which in turn now will cost us more cash if we're bundled out.

Who knows? We need to beat the Raiders this weekend. Yes. Sharks play storm. Dragons play Donkeys. We need those games to go our way. Can't see dogs missing out on the 2 points v the Titans but stranger things have happened.
I

Dogs lost in the last round to Titans up there last year. Unlikely, but Sh.t wouldn't it be nice.

All we can do is win all of our remaining games and see how the cards fall for the other teams above us.
The farking Dogs though certainly got a legup playing us twice within a month earlier in the season when we couldn't beat time with a stick
Also, in hindsight, giving Canberra a "home game " earlier in the year in Albury certainly didn't help either, obviously the cash is worth more than the points to the owners, which in turn now will cost us more cash if we're bundled out.
They cannot see the relationship between on-field success And Gate takings, membership renewals, because they are blinded by the lure of quick cash, and because THEY ARE STUPID.
Do they understand the business they are in ?????
Joke ally maybe at times, Penn : NO

So now it seems our only hope is to get past St George. Canterbury will almost certainly win 2 of their last three. St George final 3 rounds are Penrith, Gold Coke & Tigpies. I will give them 1 certainty out of those with Penrith & Tigpies both capable of beating them. If they lose to them both then we will need to beat the slime and either Chooks or Cronulla.

The Drizzle play
Knights
Cows @ AAMI
Donkeys @ SunCorp

They could easily lose 2 of those. Cows will be desperate for a win down there. So I think at round 26 it will be Drizzle in 7th, Manly in 8th only separated by F/A.
Under current system it's 5 plays 8, and 6 plays 7 ?
This means we probably play Sharks two weeks in a row ?

Lets just win all 3 games remaining and have the others looking over their shoulders for the Mighty Seaeagles are coming
Agree.

Make it or not, let's just win all last 3 games.

8th position will probably come down to the wire, meaning only a few points in F/A will seperate 9th from 8th.

The mathematics is something the team can't get bogged down with, and neither should we (i know, hard thing to do).

Being grateful for their current position (as opposed to a month ago) might get them to play stress-free footy, and enough to cross the top 8 line.

Manly, the Storm, Dragons and Dogs could all finish equal on 30 points with for and against deciding which out of those four misses out.

With their loss to the Storm, the Sharks are now at risk of dropping out.

If they lose to either Tigers or Eels and Manly win all three, we leap-frog them. Their for/against is horrendous.

I agree with the sentiment of finishing strongly regardless. If we finish 9th, so be it. But our run has been great, and if we keep it up it's only good for the team for next year. We want the Turbos, Gutho and those younger players looking ahead and thinking there are good times ahead.

Just like the Dragon, Sharks and Storm we are only making up the numbers either way.

I don't really care if we make it or not, just as long as they play their best for the next 3 week.

Just like the Dragon, Sharks and Storm we are only making up the numbers either way.
I disagree. There is no standout team in this comp. There is a team, Easts, that have paid the most for their players, but we'll beat them at Brookie in a couple of weeks.
Manly, Cronulla and Melbourne can definitely beat any team on their day/night.

The Drizzle play
Knights
Cows @ AAMI
Donkeys @ SunCorp

They could easily lose 2 of those. Cows will be desperate for a win down there. So I think at round 26 it will be Drizzle in 7th, Manly in 8th only separated by F/A.
Under current system it's 5 plays 8, and 6 plays 7 ?
This means we probably play Sharks two weeks in a row ?
Shades of 1978 :D

I disagree. There is no standout team in this comp. There is a team, Easts, that have paid the most for their players, but we'll beat them at Brookie in a couple of weeks.
Manly, Cronulla and Melbourne can definitely beat any team on their day/night.

I agree but I doubt any team could win 11 straight matches to be premiers. Those top four sides only require to win 4 of their last 7 matches to be premiers, one of them will be up to that assignment.

Like Tooves said last week if we scrape into the 8 we will be so busted we will be in poor shape to compete in an elimination final.

So now it seems our only hope is to get past St George. Canterbury will almost certainly win 2 of their last three. St George final 3 rounds are Penrith, Gold Coke & Tigpies. I will give them 1 certainty out of those with Penrith & Tigpies both capable of beating them. If they lose to them both then we will need to beat the slime and either Chooks or Cronulla.

Agree. Dogs will win every match up to semis.

Fingers crossed that the Panthers beat the Dragons, otherwise we are out of luck.

And we still need to win last 3 matches.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8