We need another half!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Yes I agree, I'm really warming to Brown the guy can fill in well.

I thought our halves played well. I also thought our forwards played well! For me the clear issue is our three ageing outside backs. Hey they are my heroes but as a realist it's time to start phasing in new guys or we will have a 2007 Australian cricket team style black hole ...

Yes I agree, I'm really warming to Brown the guy can fill in well.

I thought our halves played well. I also thought our forwards played well! For me the clear issue is our three ageing outside backs. Hey they are my heroes but as a realist it's time to start phasing in new guys or we will have a 2007 Australian cricket team style black hole ...

Killer scored all of our points last night, but missing 5 tackles undid a fair bit of that, especially as it was Semi and Jennings who benefited and between them those two scored 3 of their 4 tries....

Skivy I thought was good last night. Not as good as last week but to be fair our left didn't get many opportunities. Personally I'd like to see how he goes as a roving back rower, though its not going to happen.

Then there is Snake who is obviously nowhere near 100% right now, but the reality is that Tom is still too raw to have as our full time fullback.

As for our halves.....Api looked a bit lost last night but I thought Walker had a decent game. Don't be too surprised to see DCE at halfback come Anzac Day in Newcastle. The word I'm hearing is that he was close to playing last night but it was decided that long term it was better to not risk it and have him go down again.

Remember, Api was signed to be a hooker. Playing him in the halves was only ever going to be a fill-in at best to cover any injury. Yeah he's proven that he can do it and its good to know we have someone who can, but I think over the past 3 games despite that he got the MoM against Souffs and was again one of our best against the Warriors, we definitely are missing DCE.

Walker really had a go last night put in a couple of nice kicks and is developing with his ball playing. Api was quite but the Eels were in his face all night. Cant wait to see Walker outside DCE again with less pressure on him, I think he will be Milford like by the end of the year. Isaac John, Tom Wright and Timmy Moltzen all injured at the same time as DCE is a cruel blow and has put huge pressure on our halve situation. No club could possibly cover that injury toll plus the absence of the starting hooker. We are doing it admirably at the moment and as long as we don't have to do it again this year I think it will be beneficial later this season.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4