We lost the battle

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Phantar said:
Thurston left Corruptible-Blingtown because he was sleeping with another player's wife/girlfriend. Pulled the same stunt at NQ, but they kept him. Oh and Thurston is from Queensland anyway. That would be like Manly-Warringah claiming DCE as a 'local product.'

The stuff re: why Thurston left C-B, is common knowledge out there in the bazaars.

This is all rumours, nothing ever said officially, it's like the Watmough, Stewart stories.

Don't beleive everything you hear mate.

eagles2win said:
bob dylan said:
Image trying to decide who is better between keating and Reynolds.

What a club.

Especially when you've let a good one in Sezer go

We didn't let Sezer go, he refused to wait his time. He also took a 200k deal at titans. Money we would not match.

Listen junior you must be pretty thick skined or just plain stupid, you are not welcome here. I willl write it very slowly for you "THIS IS A SEA EAGLES FANS FORUM" AND YOU ARE A BULLDOGS FAN..do you get it now.

thedogs88 said:
Phantar said:
Thurston left Corruptible-Blingtown because he was sleeping with another player's wife/girlfriend. Pulled the same stunt at NQ, but they kept him. Oh and Thurston is from Queensland anyway. That would be like Manly-Warringah claiming DCE as a 'local product.'

The stuff re: why Thurston left C-B, is common knowledge out there in the bazaars.

This is all rumours, nothing ever said officially, it's like the Watmough, Stewart stories.

Don't beleive everything you hear mate.

eagles2win said:
bob dylan said:
Image trying to decide who is better between keating and Reynolds.

What a club.

Especially when you've let a good one in Sezer go

We didn't let Sezer go, he refused to wait his time. He also took a 200k deal at titans. Money we would not match.

So if you didn't sign those two you could have had him cheaper..... as opposed to paying 150 - 250k for both of those two

'88:
1.please don't waste valuable cyberspace by 'replying' to every post with stuff we can read further up the post.

thedogs88 Wrote:
i'm not trolling im being reasonable, you know what you tell yourself. read what your own fans say. instead of being bitter and asshurt face facts.

Yes you are. You're offering nothing but a rose coloured view of what you hope, the future holds for your club and talking sh#t at the same time.

The bulldogs administration have bit by bit dismantled the club's culture to the point they've got nothing to offer but money. The famous family's (Hughes, Mortimer & Moore) have been pushed out and they've become almost a club version of the ESL... a place where players and coaches go when they're after a quick buck.

It will be interesting to see if after 2-3 years in charge... Des hasn't delivered the Premiership Greenberg expects, what happens then. I'd say the Dogs fans will be moaning about how much he's getting paid, the fact he's not a true Bulldogs man etc....

Time will tell.

Daddycool said:
thedogs88 Wrote:
i'm not trolling im being reasonable, you know what you tell yourself. read what your own fans say. instead of being bitter and asshurt face facts.

Yes you are. You're offering nothing but a rose coloured view of what you hope, the future holds for your club and talking sh#t at the same time.

The bulldogs administration have bit by bit dismantled the club's culture to the point they've got nothing to offer but money. The famous family's (Hughes, Mortimer & Moore) have been pushed out and they've become almost a club version of the ESL... a place where players and coaches go when they're after a quick buck.

It will be interesting to see if after 2-3 years in charge... Des hasn't delivered the Premiership Greenberg expects, what happens then. I'd say the Dogs fans will be moaning about how much he's getting paid, the fact he's not a true Bulldogs man etc....

Time will tell.

A quick buck? Yet he took less to join us? Deadset mate, you guys need to stop being so bitter. I agree the dogs have lost the attitude they had and what they were about. It's because after we lost so many of our stars and focused on keeping the 2 that ended up ****ting on the club we then were left with little option. We tried to replace folkes in house and Moore is the first dogs coach not to win a title before leaving. Sadly.

However it isn't our fault he just didn't have what it took for the job. We secured the best coach we could which happens to be Des and happens to be the best coach. Do you blame us?

Mate, multiple people here have been open for good discussions without crap thrown at each other, i understand your going through a rough patch in life so please don't take it out towards me. I'm here for good discussions and bar bones and a few others most of them can do this. Hope your one.

That got lost in that reply Earnie.

anthonyb1965 said:
thedogs88 said:
stop trying to put s**t on us mate, at the end of the day our club isn't being walked out on for less money by our coach.

i get your ass hurt but seriously try and not be a tosser.

Why not, your on a Manly forum???

Whilst we all tend to think of it that way, technically speaking, as stated on the Forum Index at http://forums.silvertails.net/ , this forum has the title "Rugby League Forum" with a description of "This forum is for footy & Manly Warringah Sea Eagles discussion only"

thedogs88 said:

A quick buck? Yet he took less to join us?
You prefer to believe he took less to to join the Dogs because that's the popular theory amoungst Dogs fans. You're probably basing this on Des's carefully worded statement.

However it's been reported that he would have re-signed back in June had the board agreed to pay an extra $50,000 per year or about $550,000 per year for 3 years. That didn't happen then partly because of the board's shortsightedness but mostly because without a major sponsor at the time they didn't have the money. It's also been reported that he agreed to terms before the GF for approx. $750,000 per year. Once that became known, Manly tried to offer him more BUT he had already agreed to join the Dogs.

I've stated that I believe Des has been fed up with the board and Admin at the club for some time and as such probably considered leaving but wasn't offered any real alternative.... until this year. The Panthers showed interest but nothing came of it, why? Perhaps because he didn't want to have anything less than total control over the football team and with Gould's role and influence..... At Manly he had total control and I'd say he told the Dogs that's what he expected if he was to sign. The Dogs were desperate so I can see them literally saying whatever Des wanted to hear to get the deal done.

Therefore the point is... Des had already agreed to a larger amount of money to join the Dogs so the fact Manly offered him more is redundant. To put it in simple terms for you..... Sure there were other factors but Des and the rest left for the money, more than anything.

Daddycool said:
thedogs88 said:

You prefer to believe he took less to to join the Dogs because that's the popular theory amoungst Dogs fans. You're probably basing this on Des's carefully worded statement.

However it's been reported that he would have re-signed back in June had the board agreed to pay an extra $50,000 per year or about $550,000 per year for 3 years. That didn't happen then partly because of the board's shortsightedness but mostly because without a major sponsor at the time they didn't have the money. It's also been reported that he agreed to terms before the GF for approx. $750,000 per year. Once that became known, Manly tried to offer him more BUT he had already agreed to join the Dogs.

I've stated that I believe Des has been fed up with the board and Admin at the club for some time and as such probably considered leaving but wasn't offered any real alternative.... until this year. The Panthers showed interest but nothing came of it, why? Perhaps because he didn't want to have anything less than total control over the football team and with Gould's role and influence..... At Manly he had total control and I'd say he told the Dogs that's what he expected if he was to sign. The Dogs were desperate so I can see them literally saying whatever Des wanted to hear to get the deal done.

Therefore the point is... Des had already agreed to a larger amount of money to join the Dogs so the fact Manly offered him more is redundant. To put it in simple terms for you..... Sure there were other factors but Des and the rest left for the money, more than anything.

Mate Des bluntly said it would of been better off finacially for me to stay at Manly. You can twist it, suger coat it however you want. Any honest realisitic not dilusional with bitter fan will admit this. He left for less money, wouldn't of been much but thats the fact.

He obviously did it for 1 of 2 reasons, the fact the dogs are a very established club and aren't under any sort of financial strain. Or the fact he can't handle the board anymore. Most likely both...

thedogs88 said:
Mate Des bluntly said it would of been better off finacially for me to stay at Manly. You can twist it, suger coat it however you want. Any honest realisitic not dilusional with bitter fan will admit this. He left for less money, wouldn't of been much but thats the fact.

He obviously did it for 1 of 2 reasons, the fact the dogs are a very established club and aren't under any sort of financial strain. Or the fact he can't handle the board anymore. Most likely both...

Even though you're only here to stir up sh#t, I've responded to your posts with what I consider to be a fairly balanced argument. However, just because I haven't agreed with your clearly biased view of the situation... all you can do is respond with terms like, "delusional" & "bitter".

Really.... if you can't handle people disagreeing with you, perhaps you should stick to the kennel forum.

thedogs88 said:
Daddycool said:
thedogs88 said:

Which means he left for the money, right? Doesn't have to be money for him personally.

thedogs88 said:
Daddycool said:
thedogs88 said:

Can someone pass me this tools IP address?

Staff online

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7