We lost the battle

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Hutto

Hey Guys,

been a Manly fan since I can remember, hell even bought a Northern Eagles jersey etc and still have it. I have been a football club member since Manly came back, haven't lived in Manly for about 30+ plus years yet I still renew my leagues club membership, just to support the club.

I have been reading this site since it was created, enjoy the banter and people's opinions.

To put it bluntly, we lost this battle to the dogs. Regardless what has been said, their offers either finacial or career wise were better than Manly's. What has happened, has happened. They new players only win premierships every now and then, but a winning system is hard to find..(well they found ours).
My opinion, is that the decisions by individuals to leave were made way before the grand final. I was at the GF 08 and the GF 11, I noticed a few people didn't walk around before or with the players this year...

Accountability.... Someone within the Manly organisation has to come out and say why it happened.. If we do not get a response, what will you as a supporter do about it? Me, until I get a response or no response, I will not make my decision till then (then vote appropriately).

The only thing I know that I can take away from this is, that we have some very passionate supporters, but a question I want to ask is what will people do about what has happened??

Me, I will still support, will still fly into Sydney around Father's day weekend for the game with my son, will still renew my membership, will still argue over beers that our cheerleaders are the hottest.

We lost this battle to the dogs, we need to win the war over every team.

Cheers
Hutto

We still have a far better roster then the Dogs still.

I still believe our future looks brighter then the Dogs, that is unless they raid our best players

We lost what battle??? ffs what is this crap. Stop your bloody crying do you want to borrow my premiers towel to wipe the tears away?? players,coaching staff and ceo's come and go. its apart of life. Far out i would hate to see this place if we won the spoon.

We? We were not involved, so I do not feel vanquished.

This exodus of the 'Manly for Life' Men is a great wake up to the people in charge of drawing up future Contracts. Their lip service to our wonderful Club has been shown to be just that - its their loss IMO.

The Insular Peninsular can not be franchised :heart:

I can't wait to see Choc's eyes gleam when we play the Dogs next :p and not forgetting Fully Lussick :p:p

effnic said:
We lost what battle??? ffs what is this crap. Stop your bloody crying do you want to borrow my premiers towel to wipe the tears away?? players,coaching staff and ceo's come and go. its apart of life. Far out i would hate to see this place if we won the spoon.

Thanks for the offer of the towel, but used battle as apparently we were in a fight to keep staff...

Fully agree that things change; however, not when you are winning

I get your point of view mate but i don't think its 100% right, its not a battle between the dogs and manly at all.

the dogs are one of the most powerful clubs in the nrl infact behind broncos they are the best established club in the nrl as far as money and safety for players/staff etc. now with the belmore ground done it will only make them stronger.

however they have not been a force (bar 2009) for 5 years. we are a very proud club and use 2 pride ourself on being a club every team hated to play and feared a loss against, it hasn't been like that since 06.

this is not a case of falling behind with the times, or being unable to attract players or even a poor attitude, we just lost the dogs of war mentality, we lost so many players over the past years you could build a team who would win the title with. price, asotasi, myles, anasta, o'meley, thurston, sbw, mason, mataiu, tonga as you can see that list is pretty good and there is alot more to it if you sit down and work it out.

they have bought some players over the years but have been unlucky with them, hannat wanting to go home, kimmorley and his face injury the one year we looked like it came together for a genuin threat. tandy ****ting on the club with his betting crap and giving away penalties on purpose.

the club took a gamble on moore and sadly he was the first dogs coach to take over and not win a title... instead of trying again and having a gamble on dymock and risking the club having fans lose the plot for another moore situation of underpreforming and looking rather soft in defense (something no dog fan is used too) they went out and signed the best coach in the comp these days. granted wayne is arguable better but still facts point to des at present.

be it a case of des wanting out or whatever means nothing. des saw a reason to go to the dogs outside of money and i'm sure its he see's its a club in good health and pretty solid roster (granted it needs a quality 5/8 URGENTLY) but i believe him coming and whoever want to follow him in staff will bring that profesional work ethic and extremely displined attitude which will only get the dogs to what they are use to being based on the history.

the roster its self is pretty solid for des, pack is fine with graham, tolman, ennis, pritchard, eastwood all good players (granted eastwood needs to get fit) halatau, stagg, millington, payne all an option at lock. plenty of good kids coming through in kasiano, taupau, jackson, finucane. couple nsw cups pushing in browne, gavet etc.

backline is needing work with the halves however barba, hodkinson, morris, turner are all able to do the job for a title. lafai is a rookie and looked good last year however has to do it for a whole year when expected to, the other wing spot is a huge weakness at present and our 5/8 position is in EXTREME need of addressing. However i'm sure des know's this and will be able to sort something here be it chasing foran or maloney or whoever is best in his eyes.

in summary the way i see things is its a case of des wanting out of manly due to the board dramas, the dogs having things well above most clubs in every aspect excetp on field preformance. with des at top and whoever he brings in staff, todd who is the best ceo in the nrl without doubt the rest will fall into place.

i'm sure toovey will do a solid job and manly will no doubt have a rough year or 2 but they will bounce back.

i personally look forward to the dogs vs manly games ;D

thedogs88 said:
I get your point of view mate but i don't think its 100% right, its not a battle between the dogs and manly at all.

the dogs are one of the most powerful clubs in the nrl infact behind broncos they are the best established club in the nrl as far as money and safety for players/staff etc. now with the belmore ground done it will only make them stronger.

however they have not been a force (bar 2009) for 5 years. we are a very proud club and use 2 pride ourself on being a club every team hated to play and feared a loss against, it hasn't been like that since 06.

this is not a case of falling behind with the times, or being unable to attract players or even a poor attitude, we just lost the dogs of war mentality, we lost so many players over the past years you could build a team who would win the title with. price, asotasi, myles, anasta, o'meley, thurston, sbw, mason, mataiu, tonga as you can see that list is pretty good and there is alot more to it if you sit down and work it out.

they have bought some players over the years but have been unlucky with them, hannat wanting to go home, kimmorley and his face injury the one year we looked like it came together for a genuin threat. tandy ****ting on the club with his betting crap and giving away penalties on purpose.

the club took a gamble on moore and sadly he was the first dogs coach to take over and not win a title... instead of trying again and having a gamble on dymock and risking the club having fans lose the plot for another moore situation of underpreforming and looking rather soft in defense (something no dog fan is used too) they went out and signed the best coach in the comp these days. granted wayne is arguable better but still facts point to des at present.

be it a case of des wanting out or whatever means nothing. des saw a reason to go to the dogs outside of money and i'm sure its he see's its a club in good health and pretty solid roster (granted it needs a quality 5/8 URGENTLY) but i believe him coming and whoever want to follow him in staff will bring that profesional work ethic and extremely displined attitude which will only get the dogs to what they are use to being based on the history.

the roster its self is pretty solid for des, pack is fine with graham, tolman, ennis, pritchard, eastwood all good players (granted eastwood needs to get fit) halatau, stagg, millington, payne all an option at lock. plenty of good kids coming through in kasiano, taupau, jackson, finucane. couple nsw cups pushing in browne, gavet etc.

backline is needing work with the halves however barba, hodkinson, morris, turner are all able to do the job for a title. lafai is a rookie and looked good last year however has to do it for a whole year when expected to, the other wing spot is a huge weakness at present and our 5/8 position is in EXTREME need of addressing. However i'm sure des know's this and will be able to sort something here be it chasing foran or maloney or whoever is best in his eyes.

in summary the way i see things is its a case of des wanting out of manly due to the board dramas, the dogs having things well above most clubs in every aspect excetp on field preformance. with des at top and whoever he brings in staff, todd who is the best ceo in the nrl without doubt the rest will fall into place.

i'm sure toovey will do a solid job and manly will no doubt have a rough year or 2 but they will bounce back.

Blah, blah,blah.... Poor dymock dogged by the dogs!!! A terrible club with poor standards and ethics.

thedogs88 said:

Is Keating really that bad that Dogs fans will not even give him a chance under Des?

thedogs88 said:
mate if i had my way reynolds would be 5/8 next year.

keating is not the answer at all.

Maybe you need to establish more; "money and safety for players/staff etc"

Works a treat for you guys!!!

Dogs just happened to be johhny on the spot club that needed a coach and benefited from Hasler's disenfranchisement with the Manly board. Could have been Penrith, could have been Souths. Des's destination isn't the issue, the reason for leaving in the first place is.

stop trying to put **** on us mate, at the end of the day our club isn't being walked out on for less money by our coach.

i get your ass hurt but seriously try and not be a tosser.

Chip and Chase said:
Dogs just happened to be johhny on the spot club that needed a coach and benefited from Hasler's disenfranchisement with the Manly board. Could have been Penrith, could have been Souths. Des's destination isn't the issue, the reason for leaving in the first place is.

very well said mate aand this is the point i'm making, howeever i do believe it had alot to do with the situation the club he was going to was in, i think souths would of been an option due to russell however i dont think panthers would of been.

as a "proud" club and proud supporter does it fill you with pride to have to raid a premiership winning team and its staff to try and buy a premiership ?

business is business yer i get that and if people dont want to stay at this great club then dont let the door hit you on the way out .

but overall this is a DOG act to the core ................

goodbye and good riddance to anyone whos walked out you can have them all

LETS MOVE ON !!!!!!!

thedogs88 said:
stop trying to put s**t on us mate, at the end of the day our club isn't being walked out on for less money by our coach.

i get your ass hurt but seriously try and not be a tosser.

Why not, your on a Manly forum???

MANLY4LIFE said:
as a "proud" club and proud supporter does it fill you with pride to have to raid a premiership winning team and its staff to try and buy a premiership ?

business is business yer i get that and if people dont want to stay at this great club then dont let the door hit you on the way out .

but overall this is a DOG act to the core ................

goodbye and good riddance to anyone whos walked out you can have them all

LETS MOVE ON !!!!!!!

mate as you said its a business, not bagging you guys mate, but who realistically have you lost over the past 5 years that were out and out superstars at that time? as i said you could build a team out of ours.

its hard to win titles when you get picked apart at the seems non stop, we had our problem like you have with des back with folkes and the idiot ceo we had then. we lost sbw and mason over it even when we managed to keep them from other clubs big money offers, which ment we lost blokes like myles, asotasi, anasta, price, thurston, tonga, o'meley etc. we then rebuilt by buying a few players due to mason and sbw leaving us somewhere from 800-1mil left in cap ALONE.

We tried to give it to moore, as usual and as i said sadly he is the first coach to take over and NOT win a title before he departed. However it wasn't anything we can change, he either didn't have the respect of the roster or he didn't know how to run the team properly. Simple as that. Being a business and us being in a good position to be able to be active with money and attract people due to the facilities and what not we can provide the ceo realised being a business failed results won't be good for business and bought the best coach he could. Just turned out to be yours due to your board and him cracking it with each other and happens to be the best coach in the nrl at present. The staff following is not the dogs fault its manlys board. I'm sure if most of us suspect people would follow, the people in the club and the board would know who they would lose with des in staff. They didn't stop it.

Now its up to the best staff and the best ceo to turn the roster into a well oiled team and add the pieces we lack for a genuine title contender. I'm sure pretty much any footy fan would say if you added a foran, a maloney or a quality 5/8 like such, along with a winger be it a big strong damaging winger, or a safe ad reliable winger the dogs will go from a meh top 8 team to a title threat. Especially once Des and co get the team well drilled together.

Can you really blame the dogs as a company for buying the best coach in the nrl? Especially seeing he wanted to come for less money? Especially seeing our club is safe as any club in the nrl and have no financial problems? Have no problems attracting players. If Des can get hold of blokes like Pritchard, Barba, Morris etc and turn them into playing what they are capable of, and add some quality in the two positions we lack badly. The idea of fixing the on field preformance from average to high is right on song which will result in a club that will be ticking all the boxes. Des obviously knows this.

I don't blame the Dogs at all, It isn't as if they held a gun to Des's head and forced him to sign.

But it feels as if Des betrayed us. He built this "us vs the world" mentality, everyone hated us, every fan, every journalist, and we would all stick up for him when he says something stupid. But now he just leaves because the tide is a bit rough in the boardroom, he abandons us after we supported him all this time.

I don't know, I appreciate what he has done for the club but to leave, and take half of the support staff with him and leaving the club in turmoil makes me feel as if he didn't really care about us at all.

Des is only at the dogs because of the $$$. Dont kid yourself champ. And this so called great club is now trying to buy a premiership.
Such a sad state of affairs at the dogs.
Dogs new motto- Bought not Bred.

Bulldogs fans carrying on as if signing coaching staff from a grand final winning team IS WINNING THE GRAND FINAL. Get real! You've won NOTHING!

NOTHING can ever change that Manly won the premiership! Canterbury didn't! Manly are defending premiers, not Canterbury!

LOL how are we kidding ourselfs, he came out and said himself it would of been better financial for him to stay at manly as they offered more money. Sounds like someone else is kidding themself.

Your own fans said just before manly offered more.

thedogs88 said:
LOL how are we kidding ourselfs, he came out and said himself it would of been better financial for him to stay at manly as they offered more money. Sounds like someone else is kidding themself.

Your own fans said just before manly offered more.

Yes, Manly offered more.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4