We beat Melbourne!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Did you think we’d beat Melbourne tonight?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
A teams resolute is measured by how it wins and ends the game

If you watched the game and seen our Our coach in the box he did not not take gleefully our caving in to 4 quick tries that nearly lost us the game

So you'd rather us be outplayed but somehow manage to win as opposed to being well in front to clock off and still get the job done?
I've played ( and watched) enough sport to know that the final scoreline doesn't always reflect the dominance - surely you have too, yeah?
We didn't get run over, moreso it was attention to detail, the 1%er's if you like that made it respectable for the Storm and they can be addressed fairly easily.

I didn't take our last few minutes gleefully either but we were never losing that game from 36-12 up.

We were very dominant in this game & after the first twenty or so minutes, the Storm never looked like winning (including the crazy last few minutes).

To be able to play so well against the Storm after the dramatic loss to the Cowboys is a true testament to the team's character. We improved after that game & we'll continue to improve in the games ahead.

I didn't take our last few minutes gleefully either but we were never losing that game from 36-12 up.
The fact is feathered friend
We put our selves in a position to dramatically high risk losing the game and could have lost it
I agree with you that our end to our win was not very gleeful
We need to be more resolute if we are going to make the finals and compete in the finals

We were very dominant in this game & after the first twenty or so minutes, the Storm never looked like winning (including the crazy last few minutes).

To be able to play so well against the Storm after the dramatic loss to the Cowboys is a true testament to the team's character. We improved after that game & we'll continue to improve in the games ahead.
What we did not improve from the cowboys game was to way we capitulated during the end of the game against the storm . 4 tries in 4 minutes

We need to learn to be more resolute

is it me or did the manly tries, though spectacular, look way too easy against a very soft melbourne defence. Great the boys held off though. good game

Just finished watching the game today. I actually felt Manly thought they had it won, and took the foot off the gas, which is natural.

Sharks did the same thing against us this season.

Honestly, I thought we were absolutely.0 chance tonight. We've actually won 3 of our last 4 now: Warriors, Tigers and Storm (ang.got narrowly beaten by The Cowboys).

I'll take that.

Lastly, Des is a complete shambles in his post match pressers. He uses belligerence to avoid the tougher (and more valid) questions. I hope a reporter takes him to task at some point.

What we did not improve from the cowboys game was to way we capitulated during the end of the game against the storm . 4 tries in 4 minutes

We need to learn to be more resolute
BOZO, I don't think capitulation is the correct word as we didn't lose the game, and despite those late tries, we never looked like losing (IMO). The team has had some unlucky losses this year, i.e. Souths, Eels & Cowboys. The team has lifted itself enormously in the last couple of weeks. We should appreciate & be grateful for that.

Overall, we've had a crappy season, but at last, it appears the true Sea Eagles spirit is coming to the fore. Let's have a smashing back end to season.

Onwards & upwards!

Just finished watching the game today. I actually felt Manly thought they had it won, and took the foot off the gas, which is natural.

Sharks did the same thing against us this season.
I do not care what the Sharks did and I also do not rate the sharks

The fact is leaking 4 tries in 4 minutes is not natural .
It is a bloody natural disaster exposing your self to losing a game

I do not care what the Sharks did and I also do not rate the sharks

The fact is leaking 4 tries in 4 minutes is not natural .
It is a bloody natural disaster exposing your self to losing a game

The best thing is to learn from it and move on. No need to dwell, or it can quickly become a thing.

You focus TOO much on that last 10 minutes , it'll detract from the previous 70.

Relax mate, we won, and that's something that hasn't happened since 2015.

BOZO, I don't think capitulation is the correct word as we didn't lose the game, and despite those late tries, we never looked like losing (IMO). The team has had some unlucky losses this year, i.e. Souths, Eels & Cowboys. The team has lifted itself enormously in the last couple of weeks. We should appreciate & be grateful for that.

Overall, we've had a crappy season, but at last, it appears the true Sea Eagles spirit is coming to the fore. Let's have a smashing back end to season.

Onwards & upwards!
Capitulation is the correct word meaning the action of ceasing to resist an opponent and we leaked 4 tries in 4 minutes and lost our dominance in the game as well as nearly losing the game

We are happy with the win . We are used to accepting more from great Manly teams

The best thing is to learn from it and move on. No need to dwell, or it can quickly become a thing.

You focus TOO much on that last 10 minutes , it'll detract from the previous 70.

Relax mate, we won, and that's something that hasn't happened since 2015.
In order to move on . We need to focus and fix what went wrong feathered friend

We are happy with the win . We are used to accepting more from great Manly
You can only row a boat with the oars you have.

In 2022, we are not one of the great Manly teams of the past. We are building towards that & part of the learning process is to play for the full 80 minutes. Tonight's experience may be valuable for the team to know where it's at and what to work on for future success.

The 2021 Sea Eagles had some huge wins against lesser teams, but were beaten easily on every occasion by the Panthers, Storm & Bunnies. Tonight we beat the Storm and that is an important step forward!

True story, I thought we'd win by 6, darn it I should have posted it somewhere, lol.
Despite the end I just see so many positives in the side right now.
The problem areas can all be worked on. I hope some who are angry and miserable feel a bit better in the morning! @:D
As per usually for the last 5-10 years SER8 the voice of reason.

I was stuck watching it on my phone here in saigon and I loved every minute. Well the first 70 minutest.

Now the dust has settled I'm stoked with the win. True the clocking off needs to be addressed. Back in the day Dad Tommy used to say, "10 ahead with 10 to go you've got the win." Not so these days. 6 agains, penalties, mistakes, the overall speed of the game combined with offload frenzies and anything can happen.
If Jake and Ola stayed on we'd have won by at least 12-18. Both players had played reps and probably deserved a rest but we still needed them.
As for Pap and Hughes, Manly nullified them for most of the game.
Hate tries like the one the piece of cheese scored. There were 3 in that tackle initially. It's legalised cheating and I can't stand it.
So many fans saying, 'we could have lost'. 'If the game went for two more minutes'..'gave away our F/A'.etc.
Well we won. The game stopped at official time. Our F/A could have been minus 50 after a typical Melbourne game.
Manly beat the storm.
Woo hoo!

Its a win that puts us in good position to make the 8 with draw we have. I did mention to my brother fellow Eagles fan waiting for storm to wake up.
Very impressed by Koula and olakau'atu, we are going to miss foz big time.
I am worried about Josh schuster's form, surely he has to start over Davey on that edge ?
The biggest concern I see is our complete lack of authority in front row and complete liabilities outside of Aloiai. Keppie simply looks not up to scratch his hands and goaline defence are still poor.
We need to recruit for props imo it is our weak area.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4