We are not getting enough from our bench

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

The Who

Journey Man
I've just finished watching a reply on TV, where you get to see a different perspective to being at the game. I must say that the defence of the Berries was outstanding. We would have beaten every other team the way we played.
Most of our players were magnificent. But we got virtually nothing from Rose nor Joe. I can only presume they were injured. If not, why are they in the squad when they receive such little game time?
Lussick was strong while he was on, and Buhrer was busy.
What I think needed to happen was that T-Rex should have been taken off, given some raw meat to eat, and replaced by Buhrer for a decent stretch. T-Rex is probably far more effective off the bench than playing 80 minutes.
Choc and Balin were magnificent, and they were given spells.
All-in-all, after having a few days to calm down, I'm more hopeful that if we can play to 90% of the intensity we'll win all our remaining games and be a massive threat to the comp.
Of course, playing such a physical match, will sap a lot from our guys - but I reckon the Berries will feel it more.

Lussick was pretty good, in fact better than most games this season.

Joe was solid without any great impact.

Buhrer not enough time imo & would like to see him start with T-Rex OFF the bench.

Rose has been dissappointing in recent times & his impact very minimal. His attack looked slow motion compared to when we last met the Dogs & really need him to find that form again for finals time. Some dont rate Rose but I see him as a vital cog who can lift the side at the right time.

Lussick was good on Friday but the others didn't do much. It was especially highlighted because of Kite and King having really good games and their impact was noticed when they went off. Our biggest issue is the sideways movement in our attack. Foran straightened up a bit, but DCE just crabbed to the side way to much.

If you have Gift and Killer on one side, give them as much room as possible. DCE needs to engage that defensive line. If Choc can do it (Kingy's try) DCE can.

What we need is to have a back rower and the full back standing three wide and as the ball goes to our right side attack, have him coming left at a 45 degree angle against the grain.

That way Stewart or Lyon have an option play.

Cliff Lions useed it all the time passes wide with a couple of runners cutting agains the grain.

This is a simple play but it gives that many options out wide.

I reckon the bench is doing enough. It supports Rose lussick joe and buhrer pretty well and they all weigh over 100kgs. The bench is doing more thsn enough imo.

Tooves took far too long to get Buhrer on on Friday I reckon. I would have preferred him move T-Rex to the front row and play Buhrer in the back row for periods of time.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6