We are Back...

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
TokyoEagle said:
He said most of them trolls, not all. You were on the list.

@Chip and Chase

Just when i had finally worked out how to do it the old way, it only took me 6 months.

I'm pretty sure I said ALL of them are trolls. Anyway as Jethro says, if they reappear again I simply add them back to the list.

eelcatcher said:
Great job with dealing with the issues quickly Dan, really appreciate it. Managed to also upload a new avatar. Yeah I am no fan of Monday night footy. Anyway just wondering, does anyone still have issues with their ignore lists? Like the list of people on my ignore list has completely changed. Anyone else having this issue?

**** me I can read your posts ;)

Mals said:
Ahh ok will try again...

@globaleagle

Hope I get a prize if this works... :)

@Mals

Your prize is an alert from Mark from Brisbane.

Mark from Brisbane said:
@globaleagle is that how it works, way easier than before

See @Mals even old farts like you and me can do it now

See!

Dan said:
Not 100% certain, however from what I can tell in the access logs, they used either an XSS or and CRSF exploit to get in. There were at least 2 plugins on the site that were vulnerable as well as an older template. We were also one point version behind on the forum software.

So with the vulnerable areas they were able to use an SQL injection in order to change settings and get elevated privileges, once they did that, the world was their oyster so to speak.

To recover I had to locally restore a backup that I took before the attack, I then had to transfer that data (posts and user accounts) over to a new install, then upgrade the software. Once that was done I had to manually reset permissions, strip out any injected "<script>" tags in signatures, posts and other areas. I then had to install a few security addons and then take another backup of the site to make sure that I could recover at a better point in time if it is hacked again.

I am continuing to work on tightening security more today

That right there ^^^lets me know why I have lawns/gardens to attend to today! (No idea...the 'puter stuff, not the gardens:p)......
regardless.... thanks Dan for all your continued hardwork.:)
I was close to entering a forum rehab facility!:)

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2