We are Back...

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member
Right guys that was mess. Whilst i had a clean set of data I wanted to make sure that there were no issues which involved re-installing and remerging data. This took forever and a day to get right and still isn't finished. I still need to obviously change the colours and start adding features back into place over the next few days.

There may be some issues with user-id's but nothing major.

Basically none of the addon features exist anymore, tagging etc, I have removed them until I am happy that they are safe to be re-added.

Once I have had time to do this and take stock over the next few weeks I can really start getting things back on track.

Please everyone change your passwords, there is no telling what they might have been able to grab, even though that data is not in plain text, they still may have been able to get hold of it and use some methods to get your actual password.

All a bit of a nightmare, but anyway thank you for you patience and I will hopefully have everything back and fully functional soon, at least for now you can still post.

Dan

Time for me to get some rest now I think, I will check in periodically and slowly start making the additional changes.

Thanks for hanging in there guys, I apologise for the default theme, i know the colours aren't great

Thanks Dan. Much appreciated.

I'm sorry that the timing of all of this was horrible for you. I hope you had a great day with your daughter yesterday.

Rest up. There's no doubt you'd be feeling like Choc or Matty Ballin at the moment.

Yay! Thanks Dan. Not being able to access this site has confirmed for me that I'm a Silvertailsaholic. I needed a fix big time. Great job. Go Manly!

Thanks Dan - I hope you enjoyed your daughters b'day while all this mess went on.

On a serious note, outside of the contributions through the tipping is there need for more contributions to make this site more secure? I know I will contribute and would hazard a guess many others would also.

Have you got a "change your password thread?"

Also, I'd probably recommend doing a virus scan on your computer if you tried to visit the site when it was under attack.

Thanks heaps Dan. Love the site. Appreciate all your hard work.

Was having serious with drawels lol.

Yep
Change your Passwords
Typical example of a really strong password that is easy to remember is a short sentence
Example
"ILovemy2013ManlySeaEagles"
With caps and numbers

Oh thanks Dan

Dan I had the most productive day at work since 2005 - thanks for working to get site up (despite everything you have going on )

It is the old cliche you do not know what you are missing until it is gone - and god I missed this place when it was gone

Well done for getting the site back Dan.

Your long term commitment to this site should be commended.

Well done Dan much appreciated.

Seriously shows what we have when we don't have it .

Having to rely on NRL360 for news was painful

I don't want to start a new thread about this (and mods please feel free to delete if you think it is inappropriate) but some of us saw the events of the last few days, and saw that a few posters on here were targeted, they know who they were.

It leads you to make a reasonable assumption as to where this all began. Maybe it is time for us to leave things in the past and ignore others?

Thoughts

Thanks Dan. Having only been back on here for a short time, missed catching up on the news and banter.

I have added this on Facebook BUT not leting me in on Tapatalk at present.

And naturally well done Dan

Mark from Brisbane said:
I have added this on Facebook BUT not leting me in on Tapatalk at present.

And naturally well done Dan

yep mobile not working either but at least we can still enjoy

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4