WCC WILL be shown live at the Leagues Club

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

vidmar

Bencher
Hi All,
Just had a quick word with Bob Reilly (Chairman of the Football Club and the Leagues Club) and plans are being finalised to show the World Club Challenge live at the Leagues Club.

As mentioned details will hopefully be finalised this week and then posted on the Leagues site and passed to Aaron to post details on the MWSE site so stay tuned.

The good news is that it is being shown so that we can get a few people to cheer on the boys albeit from afar!

Cheers
Vid

Ps Don’t forget the fund raiser and replay of the GF on the big screen at Hoyts Warringah Mall next Monday (19th Jan) with all proceeds to be passed to the Cleal family

(see here http://www.manlyseaeagles.com.au/news.asp?newsid=4062&Mth=12&Yr=2008 )

pps for non locals or those that want to watch the game in their Pj's - at the recent Football Club Grant mentioned that the game will be shown live on channel 9 (See here a story re Super League games being shown live on channel 9 as well this year....http://www.superleague.co.uk/article.php?id=12349 )

Thnaks Vid & happy new year!

Looks like I will be down at the leagues club, hope they get a big crowd there for a bit of atmosphere.

Happy New Year Wheel and best wishes for you and yours in what will no doubt be a big year on and off the paddock for you?

Bob was looking to arrnge the down stairs lounge for the game and they are hoping to put a bit if brekkie on etc so I'll look to head over there with the kids assuming that they can get in (much prefer watching the game with like minded souls than sitting in front of the telly by myself....)

Three questions....are you at Hoyts on Monday?

Did you take the bus option for the away trips (Homebush round 1?)

And what's your thoughts re going to Newcastle round 4? (I'm guessing that the club will look to take a bus but it won't be free as it's outside Sydney metro -  last year Jimmy C drove but not sure this year so seeing who is thinking of going to look at travel options and numbers or regulars who are thinking of travelling?)

Cheers
Vid

Hopefully I can find a bar in Koh Samui Thailand which will show it. 
Or maybe it will be on one of the sports channels in my room, hope so.

Think it is the 1st March, probably be around 2am in Thailand.

Yeah went there last time.  Going back in peak time for Koh Samui this time, also going with some mates.  A few going from Aus and a couple of mates who are based in the UK are meeting us there.  Be plenty of drinking no doubt!!!!

Jealous Garts, jealous.

Regarding the Hoyts event there Vid, the proceeds going to the Cleal family? As in, the big hairy unit?

Hey Gruggy,
Yep, the event is a fund raiser to assist the Cleal family as Shelly (Crusher's missus) has unfortunately contracted breast cancer and all proceeds will go to the family to help ease the financial burden whilst she fights the disease.

So any locals who are free on Monday night - you can not only re-live the fantastic game on the big screen (with many of the premiership winning players who will be in attendance including the Stewart Brothers, Wolfman, Matt Orford and Brent Kite plus others and of course new players Tony Williams and Chris Bailey and Coach Des Hasler) but also help one of our own.
Should be a great night and of course for a very worthwhile cause.....
See you there? (the link in the post above gives details on how to get tickets)

UPDATE: The event kicks off at 6.00 and Andy Raymond will be MC so will be chatting to some of the players etc. the estimated time of the KO on the big screen is around 6.45...will depend on if Andy interviews Dessie..You know how once Des starts you can't get him to shut up.......

Cheers
Vid

Sorry to hear that Vid - Hopefully the event is a big success and all works out ok. I'd love to go, but I'd struggle to get down before kickoff tbh - or before half time.

DVS - Are you talking about the WCC or Hoyts pal?

Would love to make this Hoyts things

Cleals Mrs was actually on the old MSE forums as KiwiGirl i think it was, and was a nice lady, her son was on the Manly junior books at the mum

Kiwi Eagle link said:

Cleals Mrs was actually on the old MSE forums as KiwiGirl i think it was, and was a nice lady, her son was on the Manly junior books at the mum

Oh I remember her.

Was her son's name Brooke or something?

Old MSE - those were the days.

its well worth pointing out that shelly is a member of silvertails and used to post here quite a bit.

vidmar link said:
Happy New Year Wheel and best wishes for you and yours in what will no doubt be a big year on and off the paddock for you?

Three questions....are you at Hoyts on Monday?

Did you take the bus option for the away trips (Homebush round 1?)

And what's your thoughts re going to Newcastle round 4?

Cheers
Vid

Vid as below;

Three questions....are you at Hoyts on Monday?  haven't got tickets with evberything else that is going on pre Xmas it slipped my mind.  I am keen now though but looked on MSE & it appears it might have sold out.  Will ring club today to see if there are any left.

Did you take the bus option for the away trips (Homebush round 1?)  I didn't take the bus option for the season as I am guessiing that I won't get to too many away games after may however will just buy bus ticket as I go.  99.9% sure for Round 1 at Homebush

And what's your thoughts re going to Newcastle round 4?  I see it is a Sunday Game, I think I am a good chance unless I go for my annual (& last for a while) fishing trip to Darwin.  Put me down as maybe at this stage.

Gruggy link said:
[quote author=Kiwi Eagle link=topic=179030.msg205150#msg205150 date=1231832244]

Oh I remember her.

Was her son's name Brooke or something?

Old MSE - those were the days.
[/quote]

Brook Nickson I think his name was.

What time is the WCC on?

DVS Matt link said:
fairly sure the WCC starts at 5am NSW time and 4am QLD time

Firetruck...

It will be strange being up that early for an English game that isn't EPL.

Manly by 20.

**** it I am getting up to watch it bugger everyone

DVS Matt link said:
fairly sure the WCC starts at 5am NSW time and 4am QLD time

5.00 am.  Wheel's normal time to leave the club. 

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4