WCC Playing surface

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

quinny

Reserve Grader
Fair Dinkum-it was a slushy sand pit!!! A pathetic surface for such a big game. You could see lateral movement was difficult and the Manly speedsters were uncomftable in it...Talk about preparing a home ground pitch :)

I also thought the editing of the filming was pretty poor. Guess that's what you get in a country that spends most of its sporting infrastructure on soccer (and i don't blame them, the epl is the highest watched league in the world).

We share the Headingley ground with the 'Leeds Tykes' who play something called Union, that's why the pitch is poor at the moment. The Rhinos players wanted to play this match in Australia but this competition never seems to be taken seriously by NRL bigwigs.

CliffLyonsIsALoiner said:
We share the Headingley ground with the 'Leeds Tykes' who play something called Union, that's why the pitch is poor at the moment. The Rhinos players wanted to play this match in Australia but this competition never seems to be taken seriously by NRL bigwigs.

As I understand it The english RL pay for the game, the NRL teams expenses etc. The NRL is so poorly run and funded they couldnt afford to wash the uniforms let along accomodate 50 people in sydney for a week.And then they would have to market it in the off season, which would be a pain in the arse for them as they are still in patting themselves on the back mode

And if it were in sydney it would have to be in January so the pommy team could get home to start the season as they start earlier and channel 9 wouldnt allow that as they have cricket schedule to run, and no football gets kicked without the prior written permission from television networks

And our newspaper journos would have to go out in the sun and report on RL rather than just making **** up on the way to work in the car or trawling fan websites to get a scoop. And drink driving in the sun is dangerous even for beer sponges like our journos, and thats just the sheilas

This is Australia mate, its just too hard loiners, It will never happen

jbb/james said:

Sky Sports want the WCC to turn into a Champions League mini-tournament between the best of Super League vs NRL. I think Rugby League needs something big like this to happen.

I wish Leeds the best in the season their already participating in

I like how everyone hates them,As i enjoy that quality in Collingwood
also but watching them is beneath me

What i most enjoy is us being hated,makes winning all the more sweeter

CliffLyonsIsALoiner said:
jbb/james said:

Sky Sports want the WCC to turn into a Champions League mini-tournament between the best of Super League vs NRL. I think Rugby League needs something big like this to happen.

I would also like to see it happen,I like the ESL . Its a bit less robotic and i believe both comps could learn from eachother.And we really need the poms to be stronger. I admire the poms passion, and there dedication to making there National team almost all english

Our clubs are so broke , there has to be a lot of coin involved. And our TV networks have us by the balls, so there better be something in it for them. Maybe it will be different with The IC, but between the Tv contracts and the players union its hard to see to much wriggle room

That surface was a shambles, looked like Suncorp two days after the water went down.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2