[Resurrected] Wayne Lambkin Appointed Holden Cup Coach

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
@pjayz get on the blower to Wayne and find out what he thinks about the chances of Tom Wright making it in first grade next year.

Did anyone see the article in the telegraph today interviewing the roosters recruitment "guru" peter osullivan on what a great job he has done (cough cough) with the roosters close to a GF (cough cough). Goes through the roosters one at a time trying to make out he personally selected each and every one virtually from pre-school. When it gets to JWH he says and I quote "I used to go watch Manly under 20s ad nauseam. I watched him for a year and a half, two years. They had a cracking team. I always wanted to pick the eyes out of that team. We made jared an offer he couldnt refuse". Some recuitment genius - spends all his time watching the best under 20s team go around then throws Uncle Nick's cash at the best players. What a genius. Not to mention his storm claim to fame. Not overly relevant to this thread, but just thought I would mention it. There must be a better way to manage local juniors so they are better incentivised to stay with their club, rather than have them plundered by the rorters of the world.
I can't recall what this guy's misdemeanor was at the storm (says something about his overall significance) but plenty of better judges than me in league have said he's very lucky to have a job.

I can't recall what this guy's misdemeanor was at the storm

Employment of Sydney Roosters' Peter O'Sullivan 'bad for game,' former Melbourne Storm chairman says

League

• May 13, 2011 7:54am
  • by By Russell Gould
  • Source: DailyTelegraph
Former Melbourne Storm chairman Rob Moodie claims the NRL can't claim closure on the biggest scandal in the game's history while Peter O'Sullivan is employed by Sydney Roosters.

O'Sullivan, the Sydney Roosters' recruitment manager, escaped any sanction from his club and the NRL despite revelations he was an active participant in the Storm's salary-cap deceptions from 2005-2007 when he worked at Melbourne.

Moodie, who was sacked as Storm chairman in the wake of the scandal, said that with an alleged salary cap cheat still active at another NRL club, the game could never be regarded as clean and the Storm saga could not get its full stop.

"The fact that he has been found to be intimately involved in this looks bad for the game," Moodie said. "Should he be with the Roosters? No.

"I think that there is acceptable level of cheating that is endemic in the game. If people think this is going to solve it, it won't."

The report of NRL salary cap auditor Ian Schubert found evidence that O'Sullivan had failed to include in player contracts money paid for third-party agreements and that he "deliberately concealed" the true amount paid to at least two players.

NRL chief executive David Gallop said only legal advice prevented the NRL from recommending O'Sullivan be sacked.

"The report discloses serious and persistent past misconduct on his part," Gallop said.

The NRL has issue the Roosters with a please explain over the club's unwavering support for the under-fire recruitment manager.

Did anyone see the article in the telegraph today interviewing the roosters recruitment "guru" peter osullivan on what a great job he has done (cough cough) with the roosters close to a GF (cough cough). Goes through the roosters one at a time trying to make out he personally selected each and every one virtually from pre-school. When it gets to JWH he says and I quote "I used to go watch Manly under 20s ad nauseam. I watched him for a year and a half, two years. They had a cracking team. I always wanted to pick the eyes out of that team. We made jared an offer he couldnt refuse". Some recuitment genius - spends all his time watching the best under 20s team go around then throws Uncle Nick's cash at the best players. What a genius. Not to mention his storm claim to fame. Not overly relevant to this thread, but just thought I would mention it. There must be a better way to manage local juniors so they are better incentivised to stay with their club, rather than have them plundered by the rorters of the world.

The things I would LOVE to tell you Peter told me one day in confidence. Hence to say, I have 0 surprise when I read The Chooks can magically afford Tedesko & will probably win Crighton, even though they are already star studded.

Especially if the same practices are going on.

Employment of Sydney Roosters' Peter O'Sullivan 'bad for game,' former Melbourne Storm chairman says

League

• May 13, 2011 7:54am
  • by By Russell Gould
  • Source: DailyTelegraph
Former Melbourne Storm chairman Rob Moodie claims the NRL can't claim closure on the biggest scandal in the game's history while Peter O'Sullivan is employed by Sydney Roosters.

O'Sullivan, the Sydney Roosters' recruitment manager, escaped any sanction from his club and the NRL despite revelations he was an active participant in the Storm's salary-cap deceptions from 2005-2007 when he worked at Melbourne.

Moodie, who was sacked as Storm chairman in the wake of the scandal, said that with an alleged salary cap cheat still active at another NRL club, the game could never be regarded as clean and the Storm saga could not get its full stop.

"The fact that he has been found to be intimately involved in this looks bad for the game," Moodie said. "Should he be with the Roosters? No.

"I think that there is acceptable level of cheating that is endemic in the game. If people think this is going to solve it, it won't."

The report of NRL salary cap auditor Ian Schubert found evidence that O'Sullivan had failed to include in player contracts money paid for third-party agreements and that he "deliberately concealed" the true amount paid to at least two players.

NRL chief executive David Gallop said only legal advice prevented the NRL from recommending O'Sullivan be sacked.

"The report discloses serious and persistent past misconduct on his part," Gallop said.

The NRL has issue the Roosters with a please explain over the club's unwavering support for the under-fire recruitment manager.
Did Gus have anything to do with tipping his brother to the story?

Can we appreciate what Wayne has done for our Holden cup team, he lead our team to the grand final when we came last in the competition last season with only three wins. I really hope we do keep him IMO. Thank you Wayne. .
Didn't realise that.. That's an amazing turn around.

Looks like Wayne is on the way out the door:

Sea Eagles to lose another coach - WWOS (The Mole)

The news keeps getting worse for poor old Manly.

Wayne Lambkin, who coached the young Sea Eagles to an upset grand final win in the NYC last season, is set to quit the club.

One of the most respected coaches in the junior grades, Lambkin is poised to link up with Wests Tigers.

Lambkin has a link to Westfield Sports High School - one of the best junior nurseries in the game - and those elite kids will now go the Tigers instead of Manly.

Just bad news after bad news . . .
Where are we going to get our juniors from now? Northern Beaches kids either play union or go surfing.
Again it leads me to suggest that we forge an alliance with the Canterbury district in NZ and gain a crack at the nursery of talented footballers on the South Island of NZ.

Geez...he was just a lower grade coach. I wouldn’t read anything sinister into his decision to leave.

Someone else will come along TW. They always do. Who knows, maybe an ex-Manly player.

I thank Wayne Lambkin for his efforts, helping us to a Under-20s GF win, but if he does leave, it isn’t the end of civilisation as we know it.

What???? WE"RE LOSING OUR HOLDEN CUP COACH!!!! NOOOO

WHO"S GOING TO COACH THE HOLDEN CUP!11!!!11!

I guess the new coach will bring in his own coaching staff, probably why the recruitment officer and pathways coach hasn’t been appointed

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8