[Resurrected] Wayne Lambkin Appointed Holden Cup Coach

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

pjayz

הנשרים ישרור בעוד שנתיים מיום הנשרים
Wayne is a long time family friend of ours and is a very good coach of young players. He has had plenty of coaching experience and also headed up the League program at Westfield Sports High for a number of years.

He played with us in the lower grades in the early 80's and also had stints with Norths and Wests (played a handful of first grade games with them).

He will be a positive appointment for us and hopefully he will be able to get some good young talent through in the next couple of years and do well.

Last edited:
Coached Norths NSW cup side for a while as well
Yeah he has coached and influenced many big name players over the years when they were coming through as youngsters. Funnily, David Klemmer was playing halfback until Wayne coached him at Westfield and convinced him he was a prop.

I think that his nickname is chops.

Guess he figured no chance of a premiership at norths

Wayne is a long time family friend of ours and is a very good coach of young players. He has had plenty of coaching experience and also headed up the League program at Westfield Sports High for a number of years.

He played with us in the lower grades in the early 80's and also had stints with Norths and Wests (played a handful of first grade games with them).

He will be a positive appointment for us and hopefully he will be able to get some good young talent through in the next couple of years and do well.
Looks like he wasn't happy leaving the old homestead...

Is this a recent appointment??? Hope not with only 3 weeks till the comp starts

Anything less than top 8 for NYC for us will be a failure
Go from GF finalists to last place getters the following year not good enough

He is still at Westfields and the side won the GIO schoolboy cup last year.

He is still at Westfields and the side won the GIO schoolboy cup last year.
Yeah I wasn't sure if he left for this gig. I haven't spoken to him for a while.

Well, it looks like Wayne has done a great job with our young guns. I wonder the future of Wayne Lambkin given his performance with the Holden Cup?

Surely he must be considered for our assistant coach position, given that we are 2 games from Grand Final glory!

Exciting times ahead if we can hold the bulk of our young stars.

Last edited:
Think playz thread proved 100% right.
The team boast some key talent individually like most others, but the coach has really got them working as a unit and playing a great brand of footy.
2 key signs that the coach is doing a Top job.....
1 - The players appear to ENJOY their footy.
2 - Every player seems to have a red hot go

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8