[Resurrected] Wayne Lambkin Appointed Holden Cup Coach

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I think we need to use Flegg, ISP etc as a breeding ground for Manly coaches

We look around now and bar Des and Tooves (who both wont happen) and Cleary (I wish, ha) the cupboard is bare, we need to be identifying recently retired Manly players with a tactical mind and a passion for coaching and move them towards these roles.

And before people start waffling on about Cliffy or Beaver etc, great players don't necessarily make great coaches, it could be Beaver, it could be Jason Ferris....whoever shows the most talent in the coaching department.

Brent Kite is coaching Tweed Coast right, they are leading the comp? Give him a crack at the Flegg Side

Reports that he is leaving the Tigers to come back to Manly as an assistant coach. Could be a very good move by Seibold/Mestrov.
Didn't he have really good junior connections? Thought I remember that from last time. Like schoolboy level?

Here's the team he coached when we won in 2017:

1. Jade Anderson 2. Alfred Smalley 3. Tevita Funa 4. Semisi Kioa 5. Bilal Maarbani 6. Tom Wright 7. Cade Cust 8. Jaiden Tarrant 9. Manase Fainu 10. Elia Faatui 11. Blake Andrews 12. Josh Martin 13. Haumole Olakau'atu 15. Josh Martin 17. John Tasi Tuivaiti 19. Keith Titmuss 23. Michael Fenn

Only Haumole left. Dean Matterson and Sean Keppie played for the Eels in that final.

1. Jade Anderson 2. Alfred Smalley 3. Tevita Funa 4. Semisi Kioa 5. Bilal Maarbani 6. Tom Wright 7. Cade Cust 8. Jaiden Tarrant 9. Manase Fainu 10. Elia Faatui 11. Blake Andrews 12. Josh Martin 13. Haumole Olakau'atu 15. Josh Martin 17. John Tasi Tuivaiti 19. Keith Titmuss 23. Michael Fenn

Only Haumole left. Dean Matterson and Sean Keppie played for the Eels in that final.
What became of Tavita Funa, he had a couple of goodish games in firsts then disappeared.

Didn't he have really good junior connections? Thought I remember that from last time. Like schoolboy level?
Correct @Ryan . Coach of Westfield Sports I think. I was concerned when he left, not so much taking players with him but no promising hopefuls coming through.

Pretty sure Funa is still playing Shute Shield out west.(Western Sydney Two Blues)
He was released from Waratahs as didn't make an impact,would still be worth a train and trial contract.
Edit:He did pull the pin after 2022 for the Two Blues,shame.....

Last edited:

Really highlights how tough it is the transition to be a permanent first grader

Having just seen a rumour on hear that Blacktown have signed a lock from the Wests Magpies makes me wonder if he's been given the Blacktown gig and is already bringing some of his westies with him to Blacktown. We Don't usually get ressies signings coming in this early. If he is indeed NRL bound good on him

Was that the one where Keith Titmuss dived over for that spectacular try?
That was the main memory I have of that game...RIP Keith you legend.

If this is true it is a real boost for our club. Lambkin is our last premiership winning coach and his work with boys in that 2017 Holden cup premiership team and that team won from 8th. Crucially he has a good relationship with the Pasifika players and he understands their culture. This is positive news!

Of the Eels team in that GF, four others progressed to successful NRL careers - Dylan Brown (age 17 at the time), Oregon Kaufusi, Ray Stone & Reed Mahoney.

Was that the one where Keith Titmuss dived over for that spectacular try?
Indeed, it was

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8