Wayne Bennett

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
While I do actually agree that Golden Point is one of the worst things that's happened in rugby league, fact is that it is part of today's game whether we or Clint Bennett like it or not.

What I would wish they would do is scrap golden point and make it golden try.

It's not about winning or losing? WTF? Isn't that the definition of a competition?

And to pretty much say at 16 all we should have a replay....someone still needs to eventually lose!!
Yeah but golden point is not the way to end a match it should be golden try and in that same time frame you can take field goals or penalties but not win a match in that manner until the time period extension is over, allow the extra time to be 10mins without a stoppage--- the exhaustion factor will see a result 90% of the time in this time frame.

Yeah but golden point is not the way to end a match it should be golden try and in that same time frame you can take field goals or penalties but not win a match in that manner until the time period extension is over, allow the extra time to be 10mins without a stoppage--- the exhaustion factor will see a result 90% of the time in this time frame.
The idea of golden try is absolute crap.

If the Cowboys hadn't won, I'd have been filthy about Golden Point in a GF. Same if it ever happened to us. After 26 rounds and a finals series, it's a complete lottery and thus, an extremely unfair way to decide a premiership.
Extra time then a replay a week later is the only way to go for mine.

I didn't know the rule and couldn't believe they'd do GP in a grandfinal. They grind through the whole year only to decide it on the toss of a coin. F.cking ridiculous. If you're going to do it, at least do it after 10 minutes each way. With most things NRL it's probably something decided by the TV networks.

Wayne Bennett what a **** sour pussy, " I never liked golden point, and I never will" I love golden point but I would rather golden try like in the auckland nines!

Bennetts a very sour loser, I've seen him after golden point wins all smug and smiling and joking but loses and instead of giving praise and Spotlight to the winning team has a massive sook. Best grand final since 2008

Golden point has to go. Golden try is better and if there is no results a draw or replay is the best.

I despise the donkeys and as happy as I was to see the cowboys win. No team should lose that way. Brought back bad memories of last year's dogs final.

Agreed TC, but that's not what Bennett said he said he'd be happy for a replay, which I completely disagree with. He also pretty much intimated that he didn't lose because it was 16 all at full time. Like it or not those are the rules and whilst Bennett believes he is above the rules, he isn't.

Hunt at least saved Kane Linnett from forever being known as Neville Glover mark 2 after he dropped the ball and all he had to do was fall over the line to score.

Another problem with Golden Field Goal is that the opposition cheats by being offside yet the refs are too scared to rule. Thus, the integrity of the sport is compromised. I'd scrap in during the regular season and revert to draws. For finals matches it must be 5 or 10 minutes each way etc.
On another note: Has a team ever won so many matches in a season coming from behind with 10 minutes to play than the 'Boys? I reckon it must be 10 or so this season, including beating us in the last minute!

Listening to talk back radio this morning up here the Donkeys fans are giving it to him, suggesting that all it looks like is being a sore loser.

Why he couldn't have just said " we weren't good enough on the day" is beyond me.

After all they did take two penalty kicks that could have resulted in a try AND, tried to protect a 4 point lead for 30 minutes!!

Agreed TC, but that's not what Bennett said he said he'd be happy for a replay, which I completely disagree with. He also pretty much intimated that he didn't lose because it was 16 all at full time. Like it or not those are the rules and whilst Bennett believes he is above the rules, he isn't.
Winning a GF in a replay will be a let down in so many ways, you can't recreate the same build up of GF day be it from the crowds enthusiasm to the players intensity to viewer numbers interest.

I guess the novelty factor of taking this game back to QLD for the replay would work but in the end GF day deserves a result to maintain the importance of the event---it is a finale and a day of celebrating this fact.

I don't understand the argument that Golden Point is unfair...how is it a lottery?

Both teams have an equal opportunity to win it? The Broncos lost last night because the Cowboys put up a good kick off (+1 Cowboys), Ben Hunt dropped the ball (-1 Broncos), Tamou got a quick play-the-ball (+1 Cowboys), Granville threw a sharp direct pass (+1 Cowboys), and JT was cool under pressure and executed the play (+1 Cowboys).

The Cowboys executed rugby league skill, whilst the Broncos dropped the ball....it seems fair to me. The team that executed the best in the golden point period won...that's not a lottery, that's good football from the Cowboys and a mistake by the Broncos.

5 mins each way was a good system. Only golden point if after that things are still tied up. Which is going to be extremely rare.

But Bennett is still as spooky spoke la la prick not to mention a bad loser.

Regular Season: 5mins each way. If still tied it's a draw.

Finals: 5mins each way. If still tied golden point.

Another option that could be explored is that each team must have one possession unless a try is scored, similar to the NFL. If both slot a drop goal it goes to golden point.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8