Way too much positivity!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
No we simply believed that it wasn't time to blow up everything based on how we performed week to week, or obsessed over a losing streak that began in a completely different season.

There were positives to take away from things early on if people could stop saying garbage like "Baz isn't Manly" and acting like Des was our saviour. That kind of dribble deserves to have a light held up to it because now it's all back patting about how great the culture is!

Two wins doesn't make the last 2 years disappear @Loobs . The coaching staff, the owners, the players, and quite a few fans actually agree with that as well. In fact, Bozo also does, which is why we have had basically TWO clean-outs in 18 months.

If they thought the status quo was satisfactory (like you suggested people should in your first paragraph), then those blowups wouldn't have happened.

We are trending in the right direction. Those statistical numbers from season to season are statistics that are used league wide - they aren't something I just made up. If we lost against The Cows, that current team (including Barrett, Cartwright & others) would have gone down in the record books as having the longest ever losing streak.

You would have read about it everywhere. Hiding from it is Peter Peters like, which is literally how his ignorant comments recently surfaced.

What I'm seeing, for the first time in a long time, is the team bonding. They are ripping in for each other. They are defending like Wilderpeople. Our halves are combining. Our forwards are performing. We are uncovering talent (Kelly) that is instant 1st grade material. We have depth.

Surely if things dramatically change quickly, those people who had concerns about the place can also compliment the same.

BUT like Trent and Daly said, this is a work in progress, and it's about consistency. Very, VERY hard test this Friday night. But I think we can do it.

No we simply believed that it wasn't time to blow up everything based on how we performed week to week, or obsessed over a losing streak that began in a completely different season.

There were positives to take away from things early on if people could stop saying garbage like "Baz isn't Manly" and acting like Des was our saviour. That kind of dribble deserves to have a light held up to it because now it's all back patting about how great the culture is!
Yeah fair point. My issues with Barrett are completely down to his ability and his current/previous track record, and nothing to do with his "Manlyness". Hopefully this sudden complete 180 degree turn around in our team is here to stay. Then it will be very hard to complain about Barrett or anyone else. I just wish we had shown even a glimpse of this type of structure and grit at some stage in the 26 rounds last year and it may have shut up the detractors (me included) a lot sooner. I really hope it is here to stay.

Still find it funny that the team has had a 180 degree turn around in form, but people don't see how that correlates to a 180 degree turnaround in criticism vs praise.

Otherwise, it's "fair game".

Surely people are allowed to ride the highs and lows as they see it? I still say most of this is down to the fact I felt our roster (including depth) was so much better than people were alluding to. My expectations were much higher then, than everyone else as well, hence the disappointment.

the next 3 weeks will show us where we really are... ive been happy with the last 2 weeks, winning games i didnt think we had a shot to win....

Ive said all along we are a 15-12 team, and over the next 3 weeks we will play the roosters, dragons and storm... to be a legit top 8 team we need to beat the average dragons, and atleast put up a good fight against the roosters and storm... ide be happy with close losses to those 2, but if they both blow us away, and we struggle with dragons, i dont think we can come close to a top 8 spot...

I thought at the start of the year we would probably be either just in the 8 or just outside depending on injuries and that's still where we are to me.

But we are playing perhaps the best team in the comp this week the Roosters - so we'll get a better of idea of where we really sit. Last 2 weeks opponents have been very ordinary, but we've done it very well.

Think its still going to be a rollercoaster year....but at least its not total freefall like it looked 2 weeks ago.

I thought at the start of the year we would probably be either just in the 8 or just outside depending on injuries and that's still where we are to me.

But we are playing perhaps the best team in the comp this week the Roosters - so we'll get a better of idea of where we really sit. Last 2 weeks opponents have been very ordinary, but we've done it very well.

Think its still going to be a rollercoaster year....but at least its not total freefall like it looked 2 weeks ago.

I dont think we were in total
Free fall ( as you say).

I thought we did pretty well in round 1, defended like absolute champions.

Round 2 was dissapointing but that was a combination of things I feel.

Two wins doesn't make the last 2 years disappear @Loobs . The coaching staff, the owners, the players, and quite a few fans actually agree with that as well. In fact, Bozo also does, which is why we have had basically TWO clean-outs in 18 months.

If they thought the status quo was satisfactory (like you suggested people should in your first paragraph), then those blowups wouldn't have happened.

We are trending in the right direction. Those statistical numbers from season to season are statistics that are used league wide - they aren't something I just made up. If we lost against The Cows, that current team (including Barrett, Cartwright & others) would have gone down in the record books as having the longest ever losing streak.

You would have read about it everywhere. Hiding from it is Peter Peters like, which is literally how his ignorant comments recently surfaced.

What I'm seeing, for the first time in a long time, is the team bonding. They are ripping in for each other. They are defending like Wilderpeople. Our halves are combining. Our forwards are performing. We are uncovering talent (Kelly) that is instant 1st grade material. We have depth.

Surely if things dramatically change quickly, those people who had concerns about the place can also compliment the same.

BUT like Trent and Daly said, this is a work in progress, and it's about consistency. Very, VERY hard test this Friday night. But I think we can do it.
the-words-we-can-do-it-in-red-3d-letters-to-symbolize-confidence-and-a-yBlHA1-clipart.jpg

I'm not saying two wins means anything, but the club made a call that after ten years of finals and an aging core they needed to blow it up which I was on board with. The tinkering around the roster and coaching is due to probably having a macro level vision for where they wanted to take the team but of course you have to sort the micro. I think our play this year (Bunnies excluded because we just got steamrolled by a size and a **** overall performance) shows it is coming together and we are heading in the right direction.

That's what I always thought and why I could suffer through it. Is it fun to watch those games when we were getting dusted last year? No of course not, but I can comprehend the fact we shut down a number of guys and were just trying to run out the season without making the injury toll worse.

There's a plan in place, it looks like it's coming together and to me it's like I think you said yourself, those early 2005ish years when you could see something was building and the future was bright.

Mate, if there is ever a competition on who the clubs most die hard fan is, I'm nominating you brother ! Machine. You've got me covered, that's for sure.
I don't think I have you or any one covered on the passion for our Sea eagles to be honest feathered friend . I can feel the passion behind every one of your posts and every other Mad Manly supporters posts on here.
We are all CRAZY for our SEA EAGLES !!!
images95KMW843.png

I'm not saying two wins means anything, but the club made a call that after ten years of finals and an aging core they needed to blow it up which I was on board with. The tinkering around the roster and coaching is due to probably having a macro level vision for where they wanted to take the team but of course you have to sort the micro. I think our play this year (Bunnies excluded because we just got steamrolled by a size and a **** overall performance) shows it is coming together and we are heading in the right direction.

That's what I always thought and why I could suffer through it. Is it fun to watch those games when we were getting dusted last year? No of course not, but I can comprehend the fact we shut down a number of guys and were just trying to run out the season without making the injury toll worse.

There's a plan in place, it looks like it's coming together and to me it's like I think you said yourself, those early 2005ish years when you could see something was building and the future was bright.

Hear, hear mate. Can't argue with any of that logic. Everyone knows I absolutely love Barrett (team selections aside). It's like he's a Hasler clone, but with modern technique's. You wouldn't know how much I want us to succeed, so that Barrett is extended, and becomes Manly's new Craig Bellamy. Calling it here, Barrett is Manly to the core, and I said as much when defending him last season.

That said, imo, it still doesn't make it ok, they way our owners and club treated Tooves, but that's not Barrett's fault, and another subject.

Re: Bunnies. Jeez, we were heavily under manned there. Basically a full starting row out, and the reserves on the bench. I totally accept that loss for what it was. I actually think, even with the cards dealt in that game, this season has been inspiring to me. I wasn't even that disappointed after the first game, I thought the Manly culture was here in that defense.

One thing we went away from these few years is the 1%'ers. That said, these past two weeks, there has been attention to detail. I DO think we put the cue in the wrack for short periods in the last two, but that's human nature like people rightfully suggested to me. I admit I put it down to fitness, but happy to concede on that.

You have been a constant positive influence on these boards through it all. I just hope you are rewarded for that, with results (and I'm really thinking you might !).

I know my highs and low's piss people right off. I can't apologise for that, because it's the way I've always been, and probably won't change

Hear, hear mate. Can't argue with any of that logic. Everyone knows I absolutely love Barrett (team selections aside). It's like he's a Hasler clone, but with modern technique's. You wouldn't know how much I want us to succeed, so that Barrett is extended, and becomes Manly's new Craig Bellamy. Calling it here, Barrett is Manly to the core, and I said as much when defending him last season.

That said, imo, it still doesn't make it ok, they way our owners and club treated Tooves, but that's not Barrett's fault, and another subject.

Re: Bunnies. Jeez, we were heavily under manned there. Basically a full starting row out, and the reserves on the bench. I totally accept that loss for what it was. I actually think, even with the cards dealt in that game, this season has been inspiring to me. I wasn't even that disappointed after the first game, I thought the Manly culture was here in that defense.

One thing we went away from these few years is the 1%'ers. That said, these past two weeks, there has been attention to detail. I DO think we put the cue in the wrack for short periods in the last two, but that's human nature like people rightfully suggested to me. I admit I put it down to fitness, but happy to concede on that.

You have been a constant positive influence on these boards through it all. I just hope you are rewarded for that, with results (and I'm really thinking you might !).

I know my highs and low's piss people right off. I can't apologise for that, because it's the way I've always been, and probably won't change
Wait... I thought this was the "way too much positivity" thread? There's even more of it now!

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8