Way too much positivity!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Totally unSilvertails like.

For 3 years, maybe 4 we've been posting nothing but negative vibes and in just two games ( yes that's only TWO) it's hard to find anything negative.

Mind you it's a refreshing change but how long will it actually last for?

Clearly after the next loss it will be back to " normal transmission ".

At some stage you might all realise this is a massive rebuild and these ups and downs are in fact " normal".

But let's enjoy it while we can!!

When we lose like we did to south Sydney we are entitled to pick and mock all part of being a fan. lol at the dogs kennel they are calling for dessies head. tigers fans hated Taylor. I was wpleased with our efforts against eels but that souffs game was pathetic. capitulation at its best especially after 3 tries. but it seems the boys are gelling really well and having fun

For 3 years, maybe 4 we've been posting nothing but negative vibes and in just two games ( yes that's only TWO) it's hard to find anything negative.

At some stage you might all realise this is a massive rebuild and these ups and downs are in fact " normal".

I honestly cannot agree that 2015 & 2016 seasons were normal, even in a rebuilding.

Honestly, I think it's about passion guys. This club is our hearts. When we lose, it literally ruins my week. When we win, I'm a completely happy camper.

I know people get the ****s about that, but I am, what I am.

That's why if people are on here venting after a loss, and ripping the club, or players, or owners (or whoever), I try and show empathy. They are only being like that, because they are so passionate.

Then there are others, who are more balanced, and take a longer term approach like you @Mark from Brisbane are suggesting in the top post here, and that's completely ok as well.

I go to extremes, as many others do. But it's that diversity, that makes the forum's a fun place to be. I just wish we wouldn't rip each other apart so often, and respected everyone's opinion.

I harbor no ill will towards anyone. This is a footy forum. I log off, and that's it.

I've watched Saturdays Manly game 4 times now though. It's going to be a very, very tough test against The Chooks, BUT you know what's exciting? I think the fans are excited, because we believe there is a chance we can beat the current competition benchmarks.

If we lose, and people come on to vent, so be it. If we win, and people come on to celebrate, so be it. Things are certainly on the up and up though.

Honestly, I think it's about passion guys. This club is our hearts. When we lose, it literally ruins my week. When we win, I'm a completely happy camper.

That's why if people are on here venting after a loss, and ripping the club, or players, or owners (or whoever), I try and show empathy. They are only being like that, because they are so passionate.

Then there are others, who are more balanced, and take a longer term approach like you @Mark from Brisbane are suggesting in the top post here, and that's completely ok as well.

I go to extremes, as many others do. But it's that diversity, that makes the forum's a fun place to be. I just wish we wouldn't rip each other apart so often, and respected everyone's opinion.

I harbor no ill will towards anyone. This is a footy forum. I log off, and that's it.

I've watched Saturdays Manly game 4 times now though. It's going to be a very, very tough test against The Chooks, BUT you know what's exciting? I think the fans are excited, because we believe there is a chance we can beat the current competition benchmarks.

If we lose, and people come on to vent, so be it. If we win, and people come on to celebrate, so be it. Things are certainly on the up and up though.
It's ultimately the internet and who gives a **** - you can say what you want BUT if you are going to go to extremes, the you have to cop it on the chin if someone calls you out when you've performed a 180 from the "extreme" position you were just holding. That's fair game.

My only negative is that the b@stards cost me a perfect round in my tipping comp... Had i tipped manly tho, they woulda got pumped by 40... So i guess Its ok .. 7/8 still isn't too bad

True, but I think it has more to do with watching them put in a 100% effort and show that the have got a game plan from the coach.
Just like magic, we have seen it develop from thin air in the past two weeks (although they played very well against Parramatta also)
If your team has a red hot crack, we can go back to discussing pros and cons in a sensible fashion like the glory days.
It is great that all the fans are up as well, it may heal a few rifts :nod::shake:

I do apologise in advance for all this positivity overload from myself during the past weeks, however in the meantime it's manly for the premiership, 50cent odds!!!

There's ups and downs in every club and we've had two ups so ill be happy with that for now considering all things .

Agree. Im especially disappointed there hasnt been any character assassination of Bob Fulton in the last 2 weeks. He's old, has no idea what he's doing, he wants to take over the club for his own power and glory. Lets not forget that guys

My only negative is that the b@stards cost me a perfect round in my tipping comp... Had i tipped manly tho, they woulda got pumped by 40... So i guess Its ok .. 7/8 still isn't too bad
That'll teach you to tip against us :giggle: (Mind you, you did better than my 6/8...)

Well said ryan , 100% agree.

It's ultimately the internet and who gives a **** - you can say what you want BUT if you are going to go to extremes, the you have to cop it on the chin if someone calls you out when you've performed a 180 from the "extreme" position you were just holding. That's fair game.

And that's absolutely ok @Loobs . MORE than expected. But can't it be done in a mature & respectful way? People feel the way they feel, and express things how they want to express them. Surely that's not too difficult?

We are in a day and age, where being open minded & respectful to each other (in what should be a community mind you) shouldn't be that hard?

I'm more than happy to debate a topic with anyone, and be proven wrong. Jeez, I'm over the moon with how the team is playing the past fortnight. That doesn't erase 18-24 months of poor play. DCE himself said in his pre-game tidbit, that the team hasn't played anywhere NEAR to even their own expectation, and this is a work-in-progress.

Put it this way. @bazeagle & I disagree on heaps. But we are completely open to the other person's point of view, and are respectful to each other when putting our views across.

Anyway, I've had my say on the subject. I've learned over the last year or so to just ease away when people get heated. I've just no energy for a blue, and just want to enjoy the footy, the cold pies, and the warm beer (and I wrote that exactly how I meant to ;) )

But 100% man. I don't think I've seen one post of yours ever criticising the club, that's for sure.

Last edited:
  • 🤝
Reactions: lsz
Some of us kept believin' :clap:
What did you keep believin'? That we would return to the heady days of 2 wins in a row. Wow you really are a true supporter!! Whilst I am delighted that we look to have turned a corner, I'm not stupid enough to get carried away with it. Even Barrett is aware that these two wins mean nothing if it is not repeated on a weekly basis for 26 rounds. ask the Dragons and the Raiders about false dawns. Furner used to do it every time his contract was due. Save your gloating for the first weekend in October then I will give you credit for "Believin'"

What did you keep believin'? That we would return to the heady days of 2 wins in a row. Wow you really are a true supporter!! Whilst I am delighted that we look to have turned a corner, I'm not stupid enough to get carried away with it. Even Barrett is aware that these two wins mean nothing if it is not repeated on a weekly basis for 26 rounds. ask the Dragons and the Raiders about false dawns. Furner used to do it every time his contract was due. Save your gloating for the first weekend in October then I will give you credit for "Believin'"
No we simply believed that it wasn't time to blow up everything based on how we performed week to week, or obsessed over a losing streak that began in a completely different season.

There were positives to take away from things early on if people could stop saying garbage like "Baz isn't Manly" and acting like Des was our saviour. That kind of dribble deserves to have a light held up to it because now it's all back patting about how great the culture is!

That'll teach you to tip against us :giggle: (Mind you, you did better than my 6/8...)
I will most likely tip against us this week too lol.. Win/win.. Either manly get up and im happy, or we get beat but atleast i get the tip hahaha
6/8 is still respectable lol thats about my usual result..

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6