Watmough Unleashes On DCE

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Best fcken post I’ve read.
Agree to a point.

Not sure how big Foran's contract was in 2010 after his short breakout stint in 2009. Also 2010 Foran had big responsibilities considering Orford was no longer around.

Either way the contract upgrade is not the issue, every club will upgrade a contract to a rising star within their ranks, it was the ruthlessness of the way it was done and the reported mammoth amount---that to be honest all of us have no idea if it is the true figure.

From what i recall after the 2011 season Foran signed an extended contract so i doubt for just one year in 2010 Foran was earning $500,000, but yeah i'm sure there was a decent payrise in that year.

Watmough has always been a problem child, all the way back to his first games with Manly. His personal life for a time was a mess and he was only lucky to have a partner who finally calmed him down. He was an outstanding footballer, one of Manly's all time best. I give him a 9 as a footballer, but only a 2 for class. He should shut his gob so people can recall the brilliance of his performances for Manly, not the drivel that we are hearing since he left the club. Dumb dumb dumb Anthony. You earn little respect with this rubbish. I want to remember you for what you achieved, not for this foolishness.

Here we go again. The **** is starting to fly and its not over yet. Far from it. This is exactly what immature people do and to think that all this **** started when WHATMOUTH was in our side, The cancer is spreading to the very people that are trying their guts out. Yea i'm sure cherry is to blame for all off this and the position we are in. Whatmouth you are an immature washed up fool and should know better especially after the success you have had which most would give their right arm for. This is what i'm talking about people when I said that we have turned into an immature club with plenty off mouth. I hope you are reading this Walker because you havn't helped our situation either. The rabble at our club is far from over.

I wonder what Watmough would be saying if he was in the team now with Tommy T's contract getting upgraded to 900k per season so early into his career. No backlash, yet DCE cops crap for getting an upgrade.
Makes Ponga's 600k an absolute bargin.

I wonder what Watmough would be saying if he was in the team now with Tommy T's contract getting upgraded to 900k per season so early into his career. No backlash, yet DCE cops crap for getting an upgrade.
Makes Ponga's 600k an absolute bargin.
So i guess now Ponga should throw his arms up, not attend training and seek a substantial upgrade, since a precedent has been set now for others to follow.

So i guess now Ponga should throw his arms up, not attend training and seek a substantial upgrade, since a precedent has been set now for others to follow.

Ponga has only just started his career. DCE wanted a rise after being Rookie of the Year, assisting Manly to a premiership, and was named in the test series at years end. He was also named the International half of the year. And he was reportedly on $150,000 a year contract at the time, unlike Ponga's $600,000 a year contract without having played a rep game or won a premiership. Massive difference there

Watmough is passionate about Anthony Watmough & that is where it begins and ends with him. Saying things like “I looked after him, he didn’t want for anything” what the hell does that mean? DCE was unfortunately the first of the next generation of player that the managers control. He was a serious rising star and had nearly every club throwing offers at him after the 2011 GF. So he wanted what he could get on the open market. It was the price of success for Manly. It was a massive gamble for DCE to stay on 80k per year whilst playing for Aus, Qld and winning GF’s. What if he got a knee injury and didn’t recover well, who would sort him then?. DCE may have been a little harsh in negotiations but that is the modern day player. Inglis, papali, tedesco, milford all signed with new clubs then backflipped but no one talks about them. In fact they all play origin.

So Toovey was an arsehole for moving on 3 players who didnt see out the next season with the clubs they signed with on big money. So if this played out the way Choc wanted, DCE would have got 80k while Watmough, G. Stewart and Foran all on big money back ended deals would have all dramatically broke down in more ways than one in the very next year and Manly would have had over 2 million tied up in broken players watching from the stands.

He also forgets that Foran had only one more season in 1st grade than DCE and was on around the 500k mark that DCE was not allowed to get, why was he more deserving? Because he was in Watmoughs clique thats why.

End of the day Watmough is a trailer trash ex parra botox loon, that could have been the most loved player ever to play for the Sea Eagles, unfortunately for him he is an embarrassment to the club and himself and regardless of wether or not DCE is a ****wit Watmough has broke the number 1 rule “you don’t dog the boys” by doing this he has effected every Manly fan and blokes like Tom and Jake. All for what? Because he loves the club & Jackson Hastings? Pfft please.

Bravo - great post: don't see Brent Kite or Matt Balin bitching about Manly in public after they were treated.

This summation should be sent to Choc's online accounts and to that fukwit Paul Kents's who has gibbered siding with Choc for the last week on every sports show he has been on.

Ponga has only just started his career. DCE wanted a rise after being Rookie of the Year, assisting Manly to a premiership, and was named in the test series at years end. He was also named the International half of the year. And he was reportedly on $150,000 a year contract at the time, unlike Ponga's $600,000 a year contract without having played a rep game or won a premiership. Massive difference there
Where is the difference----what they signed for originally compared to the upgrade amount is the comparison.

Both at the start of their careers, both have made an impact in basically their first full season of first grade at different cycles of squad development---both will have some form of rep honours early in their careers also.

Ponga could probably command silly money on the open market right now if he follows DCE's footsteps.

Where is the difference----what they signed for originally compared to the upgrade amount is the comparison.

Both at the start of their careers, both have made an impact in basically their first full season of first grade at different cycles of squad development---both will have some form of rep honours early in their careers also.

Ponga could probably command silly money on the open market right now if he follows DCE's footsteps.

This is no difference with Tommy and Jake. Manly upgraded the last year of their contracts and added 3 more years in the contract upgrade. Tom was getting more in his 2nd year than DCE in his 2nd year.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/ma...evic-for-next-four-years-20161008-grxzp7.html

Funny thing is that Watmaugh wanted a 3 year deal with manly and we offered him one , so off to Parramatta he goes . If we came to the party how the hell would have that worked out playing in a team for a further 3 years with a player he hates .

I think you are confusing the contracts DCE signed. The 8 year contract worth over a million per year was signed in 2015 when he was 26 years old. The contract Watmough is going on about was the money DCE demanded back in 2011-2 after his first season when he was on about $150,000 a year. They upgraded it, but I don't think it was more than $500,000, similar to Foran, which he accepted. He said he wanted to be paid what he was worth and he was happy with that upgrade. Watmough took exception to his demands. DCE was complaining that he was a top tier half back on a rookie's pay packet, which seems quite reasonable to me.

Ponga actually left the Cowboys after his first season, when he was probably on a rookie's wage, because Newcastle asked a lot more than Nth Queensland were prepared to offer, that being $600,000 a year. Was Ponga castigated for taking the money another club offered because his club didn't come up with a comparable offer. No different and perhaps Ponga got a better outcome, because he also wanted to be paid what he felt he was worth, despite not having achieved by that time anything like what DCE had achieved

As Bearfax said, at least DCE had won a premiership before he asked for more cash. I am sure Ponga's money will increase as soon as he plays rep footy. There would be more clauses in that contract than a Harvey Norman 0% interest deal. Funny how SBW walked out on the bulldogs completely after he signed a **** deal and then he returned a hero with the Roosters after backflipping on the whole code. Greenberg would give a portion of his own salary to get him back, But DCE is apparently the bad guy. Sorry as bad as DCE's stuff was, he doesn't deserve the hammering he cops in the media. It is like all the Manly hatred is being focused on one bloke and that is un-fair and not good for his mental health. Yet all the same clowns will bang on about RUOK round when it suits. its just not right.

This is no difference with Tommy and Jake. Manly upgraded the last year of their contracts and added 3 more years in the contract upgrade. Tom was getting more in his 2nd year than DCE in his 2nd year.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/ma...evic-for-next-four-years-20161008-grxzp7.html
You are missing the point, Tom and Jake have come into a squad with basically not much success with the senior playing group not being retained or basically on the way out.

DCE came into a successful still at the top of the table squad with many benefits coming into such an established outfit.

I think you are confusing the contracts DCE signed. The 8 year contract worth over a million per year was signed in 2015 when he was 26 years old. The contract Watmough is going on about was the money DCE demanded back in 2011-2 after his first season when he was on about $150,000 a year. They upgraded it, but I don't think it was more than $500,000, similar to Foran, which he accepted. He said he wanted to be paid what he was worth and he was happy with that upgrade. Watmough took exception to his demands. DCE was complaining that he was a top tier half back on a rookie's pay packet, which seems quite reasonable to me.

Ponga actually left the Cowboys after his first season, when he was probably on a rookie's wage, because Newcastle asked a lot more than Nth Queensland were prepared to offer, that being $600,000 a year. Was Ponga castigated for taking the money another club offered because his club didn't come up with a comparable offer. No different and perhaps Ponga got a better outcome, because he also wanted to be paid what he felt he was worth, despite not having achieved by that time anything like what DCE had achieved
Not confused read my post again.(my reply is in relation to the first upgrade not the 8yr one)

As Bearfax said, at least DCE had won a premiership before he asked for more cash. I am sure Ponga's money will increase as soon as he plays rep footy. There would be more clauses in that contract than a Harvey Norman 0% interest deal. Funny how SBW walked out on the bulldogs completely after he signed a **** deal and then he returned a hero with the Roosters after backflipping on the whole code. Greenberg would give a portion of his own salary to get him back, But DCE is apparently the bad guy. Sorry as bad as DCE's stuff was, he doesn't deserve the hammering he cops in the media. It is like all the Manly hatred is being focused on one bloke and that is un-fair and not good for his mental health. Yet all the same clowns will bang on about RUOK round when it suits. its just not right.
Has Ponga's impact contributed more to Newcastle's current success more so than DCE's impact at Manly.

Without DCE Manly would still have made the Semi's---yes he had an impact and helped Manly win the GF but i doubt without the senior playing group DCE alone would have made as much of an impact----current history shows that.

Last edited:
Has Ponga's impact contributed more to Newcastle's current success more so that DCE's impact at Manly.

Without DCE Manly would still have made the Semi's---yes he had an impact and helped Manly win the GF but i doubt without the senior playing group DCE alone would have made as much of an impact----current history shows that.

Last year TC , DCE was the best half in the comp. It was his expertise that got us over the line several times during the year...and yes got us into the semis. Even without DCE this year, despite his more patchy form, we would be at the bottom of the comp. We have no one else of DCE's class as a half back in the club. If we had managed to secure Pearce, the story would be a lot different. The problem we have is not DCE, its the 5/8 position.

Last year TC , DCE was the best half in the comp. It was his expertise that got us over the line several times during the year...and yes got us into the semis. Even without DCE this year, despite his more patchy form, we would be at the bottom of the comp. We have no one else of DCE's class as a half back in the club. If we had managed to secure Pearce, the story would be a lot different. The problem we have is not DCE, its the 5/8 position.

I think the problem is a better number 9. He strarted playing inconsistent as soon as we lost Ballin.

I played a lot of juniors in the 9 jumper and in Rugby as a halfback also. If i gave indisisive ball to my outside men we would always play ****house. Every set starts in the 9’s hands.

When Api finallly learnt how to concerntrate at throwing good crisp passes we started wining again. We are like a fine time piece that needs every gear working to help the next gear.

Hopefully this young kid can help out a little and settle the sidedown.

I think the problem is a better number 9. He strarted playing inconsistent as soon as we lost Ballin.

I played a lot of juniors in the 9 jumper and in Rugby as a halfback also. If i gave indisisive ball to my outside men we would always play ****house. Every set starts in the 9’s hands.

When Api finallly learnt how to concerntrate at throwing good crisp passes we started wining again. We are like a fine time piece that needs every gear working to help the next gear.

Hopefully this young kid can help out a little and settle the sidedown.
I was thinking the same in light of the return of the Raiders hooker. Our team started to slide with the demise and premature exit of Matt Ballin. We should have had a Fainu type learning from the legend in his last two seasons.

I’m sorry but Api is in the Dave O’Donnell class not that of Krillich, Cochrane or Ballin

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6
6 3 3 16 6