Watmough swinging arm

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
To me, it only looked bad because they slowed it down in the replay. At normal speed there is nothing in it.

It was a dumb thing to do. Im all for aggression and showing dominace over the competition, but that hit was stupid.

He will unfortunelty get week for that hit. (striking charge plus manly loading)

Jethro said:
To me, it only looked bad because they slowed it down in the replay. At normal speed there is nothing in it.

I agree with you on that one. In normal play you wouldn't have known something even happened until a player reacted to it.

Not alot in it; but I would add that Choc had another huge game of committed defence and key hitups when we needed them. It's just routine now so doesn't get much attention, but wait till he's retired and we're wondering where the steel in the pack went...

If Choc is outed, he should take the week rest instead of having carry over points.

Darcy, God love him, will be missing at Brookie - but thank you for your effort on JWH :p

HappilyManly said:
If Choc is outed, he should take the week rest instead of having carry over points.

Darcy, God love him, will be missing at Brookie - but thank you for your effort on JWH :p
Yeah - I loved that !!

HappilyManly said:

Yeah - I loved that !!

Ridiculous, but he should sit out the week, otherwise he gets a huge 50% loading if he gets a similar charge in the next 2 years :idea:

SMH has charge being Dangerous Contact - Contact with kicker :huh:

HappilyManly said:
Ridiculous, but he should sit out the week, otherwise he gets a huge loading if he gets a similar charge in the next 2 years :idea:

Good point HM.

Can't see he has any real defence to fight the charge but the club needs to work out the best option out of (a) plead not guilty, lose and serve a week; or (b) plead guilty and play against Parra.

Gotta think long term like what happens if he slips up before a finals game ala Captain Scum in 2008. He took the early plea on a grapple charge in an early round (can you believe he was actually accountable for his foul play back then) and the carryover plus loading resulted in 2 game suspension after week 2 of the finals (lol).

Does anyone know how many points choc will end up with if he pleads guilty or not guilty?

I didn't see too much in it. The hand was open and it missed it's intended target.

But with the 'Manly Loading' he'll be out for at least 2 weeks.

He will plead guilty and play against Parra

Manly’s Anthony Watmough, Parramatta’s Tim Mannah and the Tigers' Sue Sauaso were also charged with Grade 1 offences but will all escape bans with early pleas.

Sea Eagles workhorse Anthony Watmough is free to play against Parramatta at Brookvale Oval on Sunday after accepting an early-guilty plea for dangerous contact.

http://www.seaeagles.com.au/news/2014/03/18/watmough_free_to_play.html

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4