Watmough never again in a Manly jersey?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Mitch said:
The thing I find funny is the fact that if the players he seems to hang off (Stewart, Watmough etc) leave, he'll no longer have such a close association with the playing group so you would think he'd be doing everything he could to stabilize the club and ensure they stay.

The only good thing coming out of this peters power base is crumbling. The truth is he hates Perry more than he loves Manly and as long as he can destroy Perry he don't give a **** about our club.

So for Zorba to be gone, we need both Stewarts and Watmough gone and then we're free?
Sadly ('cause I love Brett), I could not be more happy for that to happen. Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeease!!!!!

Z is now openly publishing boardroom emails :huh:
Don't Companies have confidentiality clauses for Office Holders anymore?

Find it strange that Manly is blamed for the leaking of Choc signing with Parra. How would they be privy to that :huh:

Manly have a finals campaign to focus on, so Z focuses on a divisive past event #StrongerTogether :sleepy:

You'll never get rid of Zorba whilst the Penn's are there , they are blood related.

He will be there causing havoc until the day he dies.

And the leaks will continue ( although I think the player managers are as much or more to blame for this )

I believe about 10% of that bs. Those emails don't ring true and would appear to have been finely crafted to put a slant on the story. Their leaking to wiedler is the real story.

Mitch said:
So if Watmough goes next year, we're left without him and Stewart in the back row, with no time to pick up a replacement in the market and down $300,000. Sounds like a great outcome for the club!

Yes we would have to pay him the 300k he is reported to be owed but we'd still have the alleged 600k to spend on on new or upgrading players.

So why then don't we front load Cherry and Foz's contracts with Watmoughs money if he ain't going to be here in 2015.

Its after 30 June deadline for NRL to register any amendments.

Would be sad if Choc was suspended for 3 games and left :(
But it may also clear the air at Training and a newbie steps up :)

If choc is released next year the club should put a clause in that (for next season) he can't play against us.

HappilyManly said:
Release means no contract, therefore no conditions :cool:

Choc needs to find peace and I wish him well.

That is not true plenty of sports players negotiate an early release and part of the terms of the release is you do not play against that team. If he isn't happy with those terms than don't release him early. We hold the whip hand here he is under contract.

Had enough of this bloke! Respected him for his loyalty during Hasler gate however this year has been a farce!
He is hurting our club and has been sh!ting in his own nest for most of the year!
Need to let Matai go also if he wants out! also .
Penrith were brave enough to let some of their big name players go who put themselves ahead of the club, we need to do the same!
Let's face it our from slump occurred when all this noise came out!
Let's focus on our youth and building depth next year!

Mitch said:
So if Watmough goes next year, we're left without him and Stewart in the back row, with no time to pick up a replacement in the market and down $300,000. Sounds like a great outcome for the club!

Perhaps an amicable outcome would be that Watmough (via his agent of course) negotiates a breaking of his previously signed contract for an ex gratia payment of say $150K...........

Shoe1 said:
I believe about 10% of that bs. Those emails don't ring true and would appear to have been finely crafted to put a slant on the story. Their leaking to wiedler is the real story.

Yeah, genuine email exchanges aren't written with a newspaper audience in mind like that one is - it's pretty much a transparent attempt at bull**** PR, for some Machiavellian purpose clearly beyond my understanding.
So many people who claim to love the Sea Eagles but sure don't act that way…

Little Grubber Kick said:
Mitch said:

Perhaps an amicable outcome would be that Watmough (via his agent of course) negotiates a breaking of his previously signed contract for an ex gratia payment of say $150K...........

And that would show goodwill. Won't happen.

Can't beleive everyone is going around in circles with this. All this hysteria about Watmough at present is media speculation. Stop crucifying the guy until we know the facts. The facts right now is that he is playing for us and deserves our support, particularly whilst we are playing semi final football.

Just read that Danny Weidler BS. I hope the part about Manly looking to replace Choc ( really Kingy) with maybe big Willie is true! ( at least another big bopper)
In respect to Weilder his big punch line was that Manly still had money to offer Glenn a contract. Of course we did but at the expense of who? Which was the whole point of letting him go! We can not afford to have half a team retiring at the same time.

MPC75 said:
Can't beleive everyone is going around in circles with this. All this hysteria about Watmough at present is media speculation. Stop crucifying the guy until we know the facts. The facts right now is that he is playing for us and deserves our support, particularly whilst we are playing semi final football.

He has had plenty of chance to speak up and defend the club and assure everyone he was not looking elsewhere! He has chosen not to do this! Where there is smoke there is fire!
Choc has dug his own hole here and it is hurting the club!

Red Pill said:
Just read that Danny Weidler BS. I hope the part about Manly looking to replace Choc ( really Kingy) with maybe big Willie is true! ( at least another big bopper)
In respect to Weilder his big punch line was that Manly still had money to offer Glenn a contract. Of course we did but at the expense of who? Which was the whole point of letting him go! We can not afford to have half a team retiring at the same time.

MPC75 said:

He has had plenty of chance to speak up and defend the club and assure everyone he was not looking elsewhere! He has chosen not to do this! Where there is smoke there is fire!
Choc has dug his own hole here and it is hurting the club!

He came out and said the other day that he hasn't signed anywhere and that all the rumours and innuendo was affecting him. Surely him standing in front of all his Manly memerobilia was enough evidence that he is passionate about the club. Everyone needs to take a deep breath and lay of the bloke. None of us know the facts.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2