Watmough [Merged Mega Thread]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
RE: Claims that Watmough agrees to 3yr Parra deal

Great one week before the semis this comes out agree with Tookey on this, but all this reminds me of Des - maybe start the clean out now

Choc is a legend.Has spilt so much blood for us. We should release him if he wants to go unless it is financially crazy.The sooner we lance this boil and deal with this dissent within the club the better.Look to the future now.

RE: Watmough

There will be unloading if all this garbage is true and our season has turned to sht because of it.

Lets hope he is focused enough to want to win the GF this year :cool:

Then grant him the release, we don't want another year of him undermining the rest of the Team with his 'opinions'. A straight swap - 2014 GF Ring for 2015 Release :idea:

Very disappointing news if true. Our season has derailed in the last 6 weeks and it coincides with all this BS.

As on of my favorite ever players this is really hard news to take. I think he's probably cost himself a seat at the table of the all time Manly legends and probably a decision he will regret post playing days.

I don't know what to think. On one hand, absolute Manly immortal. On the other hand, a shed load of mileage under his belt, and by 2016 he will be well past his best.

If this is true I think the timing of this is an absolute effing disgrace. Could this not have waited another 4 weeks? (or 2 if we continue to play like strangers).

No problem with Watmough (or any player) going. But for this to be announced now.....very poor.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/anthony-watmough-signs-threeyear-deal-with-parramatta-eels-20140908-10drs9.html

It's true alright.
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/anthony-watmough-signs-threeyear-deal-with-parramatta-eels-20140908-10drs9.html

The likes of Menzies and Toovey fall into the immortal/legend status.....Choc doesn't now in my estimation...a great player but that is it....
Manly have put up with his antics off field thru thick and thin and now his buddy doesn't get a contract he spits his dummy out.

Poor form Choc...and Ill add if True

Killer03 said:
If this is true I think the timing of this is an absolute effing disgrace. Could this not have waited another 4 weeks? (or 2 if we continue to play like strangers).

No problem with Watmough (or any player) going. But for this to be announced now.....very poor.

Agree - leaves Des for dead in timing, at least he waited till after all the games were played :dodgy:

But its just another effort by all and sundry in the Media to destabilize yet another Manly Premiership :mad:

susan said:
Choc is a legend.Has spilt so much blood for us. We should release him if he wants to go unless it is financially crazy.The sooner we lance this boil and deal with this dissent within the club the better.Look to the future now.

IF these claims of him signing a deal are true, then I agree that we should release him straight away. His position here would be untenable for next season based on this information.

The cynic in me would suggest that "releasing" this information at this particular point in time is designed to precipitate that exact response.

bones said:
All this bull**** has already cost us the minor premiership and will also cost us any chance of another premiership. I'm almost over everything to do with anything NRL related to be honest.

Agree

Sick of all this crap being in the media every day. It wouldn't be there if there wasn't some truth to it

Just want to be able to watch the team play to the best of its ability each week and have a real chance at playing in a grand final. This hasn't happened over the past 6 weeks

It is 2011 all over again just this time before the semis and not after we win the grand final

Go the swannies

Beaver aside, fave ever player. Pi$$ poor timing Choc - injuries are killing us and this is the final nail in the coffin for 2014 season - out in straight sets I fear.... Thanks for the memories Ledge.

Remember who the club signing him is.Even if Choc wanted it kept under wraps do you think the Eels could help themselves given half our team are ex eels....im happy its out there. Releasing the news later doesn't help. The players would know and they whether we like it or not control our destiny in the next few weeks.Maybe the backlash might snap them out of this garbage.

Injuries have finished us this year anyway.It may be a blessing in fact as if we were full strength and went out without a whimper as probably would have happened the fallout would be a whole lot worse.

Choc thanks for the memories mate but your a deadset goose.
Just before the semi's they announce this crap. Good riddance.
Playing for Parra with a Sea Eagle tattooed on your bicep is a great look.

Chip and Chase said:
susan said:

IF these claims of him signing a deal are true, then I agree that we should release him straight away. His position here would be untenable for next season based on this information.

The cynic in me would suggest that "releasing" this information at this particular point in time is designed to precipitate that exact response.

But can you afford to have 300K on your salary cap for a player playing elsewhere?

This means you start the back ending cycle all over again, which is really what started all this in the first place.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8