Watmough [Merged Mega Thread]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Mark from Brisbane said:
You just have to think back to the dark days of post 2011 GF, and the BS about almost the whole team leaving , and who did we lose??

T-Dog ( and Hoppa Jnr to God)

Which turned out to be nothing like what was being bandied around at the time .

Media are complete arseholes , they print anything they like as long as they use the word " alledged "

The NRL are a joke to allow all this crap to carry on. The club could potentially be losing sponsors and most likely memberships as a result of the media spin. The media need to be held accountable.

MPC75 said:
Mark from Brisbane said:
You just have to think back to the dark days of post 2011 GF, and the BS about almost the whole team leaving , and who did we lose??

T-Dog ( and Hoppa Jnr to God)

Which turned out to be nothing like what was being bandied around at the time .

Media are complete arseholes , they print anything they like as long as they use the word " alledged "

The NRL are a joke to allow all this crap to carry on. The club could potentially be losing sponsors and most likely memberships as a result of the media spin. The media need to be held accountable.
Ummm wouldn't bthe NRL prefer the be splashed all over the papers??

This is a transfer story, not an assault or salary cap breach, NRL are happy to let in run

I hope you're right conanu.

Choc will crack the 300 game barrier next year and if he signs on for a further two ( or three ) he will most likely be the most capped Sea Eagle of all and could go close to all time games - as a one club man = NRL Legend status
I sincerely hope that he regards that as the legacy he leaves but begrudgingly understand if goes for one last super payday because that's what it will be - his super top up, I would hate to be in his body at 50.

I think he has a "sponsorship arrangement" with Ch 9 hence the Weirdler scoops that fulfills the quota and ratings.

Shoe1 said:
post of the year @conanu

Thanks Shoe!

I had been thinking about it for a while and it makes sense. Manlys biggest issue is that we uncovered 2 superstar halves and that has pushed our spending up and forced the club into some hard descisions. Fortunately it is a situation most clubs would envy. Its just hard on player negotiations and why most players just let the manager do the dirty work, so they dont feel like arseholes.

From what i saw on the news last night, the boys were all laughs at training. Apparently Watmough doesn't talk to tooves but they were happy as larry last night joking around. Brett Stewart did not look upset or hampered at all. It all looked happy days to me.

conanu said:
Ok boys here goes!

For the record I believe Choc when he says he hasn't signed with Parra. Player managers need to do this crap to get the player's current club to stump up cash for the last contract. Unfortunately Choc's last contract will be a year after DCE and Foran sign big payday contract's. Choc and Matai's managers have had to create this massive game of media he said she said, so that they can let the club know that its all well and good to throw everything at DCE and Foran but you better realise that after you have signed them up you need to have money left for Choc and Matai because they won't come cheap in the final years. Choc and Matai's negotiations are happening a year early because the club is currently working on the package for DCE and then Foran a year later. Its happening also because at the moment Choc and Matai are playing well and they are fit. So they are trying to get a deal done whilst they are still in good shape and playing rep footy etc. Because at their age they could quickly lose value if injuries become a problem (Just ask Campo). If they just came out and said I don't want to leave and I will be buried at brookie, the club wouldn't pull out any stops to resign them and would bump up the offers for DCE and Foran. So you get what you have going on at the moment.

I believe that Choc, Matai and their managers were spooked by Manly being happy to allow Glenn Stewart to leave, not because the players cant live without Glenn Stewart. This caused the managers to panic and get started on negotiations early. If Choc had been the one whose contract was up instead of Glenn I reckon it would be Choc who they would have let go, it was just unlucky for Glenn that his contract was up first. I don't think Brett Stewart is involved in any of this other than supporting a mate looking for a pay rise, I think Brett is happy, but it just made a great story in the papers that it was all about the brotherhood and this pact of taking less money to stay together blah blah. This whole saga is about nothing more than posturing and negotiating contracts. Poor old Choc is struggling with the his managers media spin process due to that fact that he does love the club and he is also mates with DCE and all this crap makes him look bad. But the unfortunate reality is he also worried about just how much time he has left to make hay whilst the sun is shining. Lets not forget Choc was a window cleaner when he started playing footy so he won't be sitting on the NRMA board of directors like Toovey did when he retired. Choc and Matai are trying tie up the contracts now so they can go gently into retirement in a few years.
Reality of this is that they dont hate the club, they dont hate DCE and they are not crying themselves to sleep at the thought of Glenn Stewart not being there to hang out next year. This is all purely and simply about money and their future. They are not totally driven by money and I would assume they don't want to leave but this crap is a necessary evil if you want to make sure that you get your fair share when the time comes.

I also think the Weedler interviews are an attempt by Watmough to set up some kind of media profile in the hope of picking up some kind of work in that field or a field that requires you to be a known personality when he retires eventually.
I can imagine that somebody has told him why don't you get into media and Choc's asked his manager to help him work on that, so the Manager that is also leaking stories, goes to Weedler and conjures up this exclusive stories crap on Ch9 news every two weeks. Choc manager tells him Weedler will help and sets up the meeting with Weedler and Choc. Choc befriends Weedler (Hence the reason Chocs Mrs was making cupcakes for Weedler a couple of months ago before all this crap blew up. Check her Twitter posts its a fact) believing that he has connections at Ch9 etc. However Weedler knows that he will get great mileage out of Choc managers media campaign and perpetuates the garbage. He discreetly organises his SMH colleague Adrian Prozneko to write a story that Choc has signed a 3yr deal with Parra so that Weedler and Choc can get together for an exclusive so that Choc can retort. Manager gets desired result

*Club is panicked and agrees to allow Choc to test market.
*Fans are in turmoil putting pressure on club.
*All crap released just before finals for maximum pressure and media exposure because off season wont get the same coverage or impact.
*Choc doesnt really know whats going on completely but is letting his manager handle it. But isnt used to people being annoyed with him around Manly so comes across weird on telly.

Im telling ya guys its all smoke and mirrors.

Choc will stay if Manly can stump up reasonable cash after negotiating DCE and Foran. Choc will probably only go if there is a huge offer on the table to leave. And who could blame him.

He doesn't want this and neither does the club but when your livelihood is about to end in a few years, you tend to do things that are a bit out of character.

This sounds like wishful thinking. Why is it so hard to believe Choc and DCE don't see eye to eye? Do you like everyone in your workplace?

As mentioned previously, doesn't Choc have a contract to speak with the Weed?

Finally, I haven't signed doesn't mean I haven't agreed.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
The Who said:
I didn't realise Choc was a window cleaner. Now I can see the situation more clearly.
I think he ran a window cleaning operation with Terence Seu Seu.

He was certainly drumming up clients for his window cleaning business

If the Stewart's get their business in the corso up and running I wonder if he will use their shop as a toilet?

Good for you susan, let's keep pumping out the negativity on the eve on our most important game of the year.
And to what end?

I don't think it affects what happens on the field though.

But yes I believe it's true.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7