Watmough [Merged Mega Thread]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
RE: Watmough

Since Choc remembered that he is a very good hard ball runner and great workhorse.....and also realised he is just about the worst 'ball player' in the NRL and adjusted his game accordingly, his improvement the last few weeks has been dramatic.

Ryan said:
What I don't like is that Watmough, Foran and B Stewart were at a cafe last week openly bragging that Choc / Foran are going to play under brad Arthur at The Eels next season, and Brett Stewart The Titans. They said this was all being done after the finals.

Apparently a portion of the senior playing group aren't talking to Toovey.

I heard this 1st hand from a person there.

Are you serious? Man that's terrible news if true.

Ryan said:
What I don't like is that Watmough, Foran and B Stewart were at a cafe last week openly bragging that Choc / Foran are going to play under brad Arthur at The Eels next season, and Brett Stewart The Titans. They said this was all being done after the finals.

I wonder what the Tele's back page headline will be tomorrow!

Ryan said:

That's secondhand then, at best. The amount of people who apparently know what's going on with Manly players and staff is staggering.

Ron E. Gibbs said:
Ryan said:

That's secondhand then, at best. The amount of people who apparently know what's going on with Manly players and staff is staggering.

I've asked David Perry about it anyways. I'll let people know the outcome, if he doesn't mind me saying.

The money Doesn'tmatta would have to throw at Choc and Foran would surely mean they'd only have a team of 10 legitimately under the salary cap.
They already have Hayne, Hoppa Jnr and Sandow on huge money, plus they have paid way over for Lussick, and reports say they are paying $700,000 in salaries of players who've they have ditched.

Now, if the pair had been linked to Easts, with their elastic cap, then it would be more believable.

Ryan said:

Looks like someone liked the Wolverine jersey:p

Ryan said:

Sounds like a great strategy to enable them all to keep playing together with Gift.

Hang on....

MadMarcus said:
Ryan said:

Sounds like a great strategy to enable them all to keep playing together with Gift.

Hang on....

Sounds like bull**** to me.

Parra cant afford both.. especially with Hayne about to come off contract soon as well. If they did take Foran and Watmough.. tough luck. We make a big play for Hayne.. I am sure he will want to win premierships with DCE and co.

Stewart to Titans? Move so far away from his family when he was whinging that Glenn is moving to 20 minute drive Redfern (probably wont even move out of Northern Beaches). No chance.

They all talking **** to get pay rises. They have shown loyalty and taken pay cuts to stay together. (A choice they made themselves.. not the clubs fault) and now that Glenn wasnt offered a contract they want to make up for their pay cuts of the past even though it was a decision they had made. Their reaction to all this really is embarrassing. Talking to media.. making smart ass remarks when already banned.. Get over it. Inglis left melbourne.. you didnt see a big hoopla with their big 3. Happens all the time. Its called a salary cap.

Worst case scenario and they all leave. It's a big loss but we can handle it. We always do.

Brett Matai Watmough and Foran leaving leaves us with over 2 million to spend. I would personally go after a quality 5/8 and prop as we have a few quality kids coming through in the banks and second row. In an ideal world would love to keep them all but if they are that unhappy.. just let them go. I am sure Foran would stay if you give him 1 million a year like DCE. Sign a prop with Watmoughs money and Gutherson/Turbo can come through in the backs on minimal money until they prove themselves and become regular 1st graders.

A couple of months ago The Daily Telgraph's James Hooper broke the story Anthony Watmough was unhappy at Manly. Well, he's told Triple M NRL nothing has changed. The Manly and Origin back-rower wants to be released from the final year of his contract to join Parramatta.

UPDATE: Watmough to Parramatta - http://bit.ly/1iKnmk8
"He just does not want to be at Manly next season," said Hooper, on Saturday Triple M NRL. "He's telling people in no uncertain terms he wants out of the final year of his deal and he wants to go to the Parramatta Eels, where Brad Arthur is the coach."

It's believed as much as he loves the club 'Choc' Watmough is not happy with the way certain things have unfolded.

Well Choc, why don't you call a couple of reporters for RLW or Big League? Once I hear (or read it) directly from your mouth, I'll give you my blessing to leave. Otherwise, come out publicly and call all the stories crap.

These stories are getting very old. Why doesn't the club just nip it in the bud?? Tell us the truth and lets all start moving forward.

Eels are looking to sack Sandow at seasons end.

It's been reported more than once that Foran won't be at Manly after 2016 anyways.

All speculation.

Make the jerk play his final year, drop him to nsw cup and then let him go. Absolute show pony if hes carrying on like a spoilt brat, most of us would die to pull on the maroon and white, hes rubbing our noses in it, piss off Watmough!

I doubt theres much coin left at Parra...they pay half the salary cap to Hayne & think Hoppa got $700,000 a season, plus payed overs for Sandow, Peats, Lussick , Gower ect....
Really cant believe that players want to leave such a powerful club built on passion others could only dream of to a team thats simply average....
Have no doubt there are senior players disappointed in the Glen Stewart saga but hey...life moves on.
If its true players are carrying on with this crap, dont blame Toovey for being pissed off, after all he is pure Manly & when the chips are down he expects his trump players to stand tall & make a statement, not carry on feeding media scum!!
As a Choc fan, see him as a 1 club player but only time will tell.

Ryan said:
Ron E. Gibbs said:
Ryan said:

I've asked David Perry about it anyways. I'll let people know the outcome, if he doesn't mind me saying.
Can't wait to hear what Dave Perry tells you Ryan.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6