Watmough [Merged Mega Thread]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
RE: Watmough

A common thread on here is why have people 'turned' on Choc so quickly? And really you have to ask why, when other rumours have circulated but not been so condemned?

Well from my point of view I will state this, I will never question Chocs commitment once on the field, he goes about his business 100% full speed ahead, and has been a great player for us.

However.....I am one of those that when this story broke said ok stand him down for the semis and bring in the young guns, and let's get rid of him. And why? Well like others I have found his demeanor in the media very childish and quite naïve not to think that it is indeed having an impact on both the team and the fans. Whether the media has got this 100% right or not is not the issue for me. There is certainly some truth to it. Everyone brings up the Foz going to the bulldogs story. But Foz himself has admitted he was a oh so close to signing, and just pulled out at the last minute, so it certainly wasn't a case of the media getting it completely wrong.

A lot of people on here are justifying Chocs actions in the media (and look I understand that people will back one of their heroes to the hilt) as just having fun and trying to misdirect the media. But this to me is a silly game to play, again it impacts the fans, and that is what keeps fanning the flames of these stories.

I would not begrudge Choc (or anyone) leaving the club. Go with our blessing. But take a leaf out of the Brent Kite book, he left with absolute dignity and class.

Kiwi Eagle said:
To move back onto topic

Just my opinion here, and I do admit that I see absolutely nothing of these Weidler interviews

I find it an absolute disgrace that so many have turned on a guy who has put his heart and soul into his performances in the Manly jumper over a very, very long period of time, based on a few articles in the papers. I see people question his commitment and efforts, the bloke has been playing for months with a torn bicep, and shirks absolutely no work because of it

He is a Manly legend, being a massive part of building this club up from nothing to a dominant force. He has his faults in his game but they are massively outweighed by all his other attributes

Until confirmation of his exit from the club from the man himself, he deserves a hell of a lot more respect than is being shown by a lot on here. And even if he does go, his contribution to this club over a long period of time should not be forgotten

Hear, hear !!

SeaEagleRock8 said:
panash said:
I personally think watmough has signed ( wirhout any facts ) and I do know that life goes on.
This is totally weird. I think he has not signed. But how can we arrive at opposite conclusions based on exactly the same evidence?? (that is, we both have no facts)
We must have stumbled into some kind of logical time-warp place thingy.

Maybe he hasnt signed !!! and if he hasnt im really looking forward to his weekly interviews next year in the media giving everybody the impression that the Manly club has issues....

Well Done Choc....

yes they may have took pay cuts over the years but that was a decision they made at the time... Why is it the clubs or coaches fault at present ???

he has provided negativity to the club recently , and that would never be forgotton.

I dont ever remember Menzies ( legend )- bitch , whine & complain and allowed to be interviewed on more than one occasion by a total TOOL on tv discussing family business...
" little boy throwing a tantrum ". Even if channel nine approached him for interviews to try to make matters worst for the club what happened to declining ??? Choc has threw fuel in the fire and knew exactly thats what would happen. hence us fans discussing the situation weeks on end !!!

He had no right to discuss the clubs present position on negotiating contracts with himself or even still other players..

No dignity , just a spoil t little boy !! that has caused damage , and lets not forget the timing.

I have not once bad mouthed his actions on the field , its his actions off the field which were just plain wrong.

Killer03 said:
A common thread on here is why have people 'turned' on Choc so quickly? And really you have to ask why, when other rumours have circulated but not been so condemned?

Well from my point of view I will state this, I will never question Chocs commitment once on the field, he goes about his business 100% full speed ahead, and has been a great player for us.

However.....I am one of those that when this story broke said ok stand him down for the semis and bring in the young guns, and let's get rid of him. And why? Well like others I have found his demeanor in the media very childish and quite naïve not to think that it is indeed having an impact on both the team and the fans. Whether the media has got this 100% right or not is not the issue for me. There is certainly some truth to it. Everyone brings up the Foz going to the bulldogs story. But Foz himself has admitted he was a oh so close to signing, and just pulled out at the last minute, so it certainly wasn't a case of the media getting it completely wrong.

A lot of people on here are justifying Chocs actions in the media (and look I understand that people will back one of their heroes to the hilt) as just having fun and trying to misdirect the media. But this to me is a silly game to play, again it impacts the fans, and that is what keeps fanning the flames of these stories.

I would not begrudge Choc (or anyone) leaving the club. Go with our blessing. But take a leaf out of the Brent Kite book, he left with absolute dignity and class.

Couldn't agree more. It is all about his arrogant attitude and demeanour that I don't like. Not only to the media but as I have said before towards Tooves and DCE and of course us the fans.

Yeah, lets all wait it out guys and see what happens. Nothing we can do about it either way. Things happen for a reason.

Brooke said:
Killer03 said:

Couldn't agree more. It is all about his arrogant attitude and demeanour that I don't like. Not only to the media but as I have said before towards Tooves and DCE and of course us the fans.

Well maybe you (and others) are just reading him wrong. Maybe you should just give him the benefit of the doubt. He's innocent until proven guilty as far as I'm concerned.

panash said:
SeaEagleRock8 said:
panash said:
I personally think watmough has signed ( wirhout any facts ) and I do know that life goes on.
This is totally weird. I think he has not signed. But how can we arrive at opposite conclusions based on exactly the same evidence?? (that is, we both have no facts)
We must have stumbled into some kind of logical time-warp place thingy.

Maybe he hasnt signed !!! and if he hasnt im really looking forward to his weekly interviews next year in the media giving everybody the impression that the Manly club has issues....

Well Done Choc....

yes they may have took pay cuts over the years but that was a decision they made at the time... Why is it the clubs or coaches fault at present ???

he has provided negativity to the club recently , and that would never be forgotton.

I dont ever remember Menzies ( legend )- ... , whine & complain and allowed to be interviewed on more than one occasion by a total TOOL on tv discussing family business...
" little boy throwing a tantrum ". Even if channel nine approached him for interviews to try to make matters worst for the club what happened to declining ??? Choc has threw fuel in the fire and knew exactly thats what would happen. hence us fans discussing the situation weeks on end !!!

He had no right to discuss the clubs present position on negotiating contracts with himself or even still other players..

No dignity , just a spoil t little boy !! that has caused damage , and lets not forget the timing.

I have not once bad mouthed his actions on the field , its his actions off the field which were just plain wrong.

Absolutely. Incredibly disappointing behaviour on his part. The team was going great and DCE was setting the world on fire until Choc started mouthing off in SOO camp that he wasn't happy about the Glenn Stewart contract situation. All the alleged quotes he wanted to join Brad Arthur at Parra, that DCE wouldn't take a pay cut Blah Blah blah. Did I personally hear him say these things in SOO camp, no. But just so much smoke not to be fire. We only have to hope that now all this is out he will pull his head in. Respect Tooves , his teammates and the fans and help us to get to another GF/premiership. I am sure he won't want to be remembered as the villain who derailed the 2014 premiership campaign .

RE: Claims that Watmough agrees to 3yr Parra deal

lsz said:
Wombat Legacy said:
Anyone who compares Whatmough with blokes like Bozo, Wombat, Krillich, Igor and the great Beaver are seriously kidding themselves. He has been great for Manly-no doubt, but seriously, he is not fit to lace some of our past legends bootlaces. Why??? because none of those blokes ever carried on like this sook. I couldn't give a ratsarse what he has done for the club-like Des he will be remembered for this rubbish. It will be his legacy I am afraid. Good luck Choc-take the dosh champ

Okay I will bite. Lets look at the facts

1. He has come out and said that he has not signed with anyone. You might choose not to believe this but i think he deserves the benefit of the doubt.
2. How can you doubt his commitment when he is playing with a season ending injury? And has been for a number of weeks? That is about as tough as it gets
3. During the dark post des days who was it who came out in support of tooves? Who, arguably, held the team together in those times?

But yes rubbish him based on articles and news stories that do not have any quotes directly from him.

What some people fail to understand that online there is always a record of what you say...and it is very easy to appear very foolish, especially when you bag a player before there are any real reasons

Good post.
I think if Choc was still of two minds (stay or leave), he only has to watch a few matches of Rowdy when he played at Brookie between 1990 to 91.
I can tell you that the Brookie crowd will let him know what they think if he was to come back in different colours. Persona non grata.

For now, I will still cheer for Choc and believe in him until I see different.

Jethro said:
Brooke said:
Killer03 said:

Well maybe you (and others) are just reading him wrong. Maybe you should just give him the benefit of the doubt. He's innocent until proven guilty as far as I'm concerned.

Even if he has signed i dont care or have issue with it , the club gave him the green light to find another contract if he wishes after 2015.

Its his attitude recently and his inappropriate interviews and comments that has had a negative impact definitely on the fans and i believe on the club/team.

Jethro said:
Brooke said:
Killer03 said:

I hope I am reading him wrong, as when it comes to the Sea Eagles I would be one of the most positive fans. I would say 95% of my posts on here are as such, and in fact are a little 'cheerleaderesque' in their tone. I just feel things are not all smooth sailing at the moment (I think that's probably stating the obvious).

RE: Claims that Watmough agrees to 3yr Parra deal

Ramrod said:
lsz said:
Wombat Legacy said:
Anyone who compares Whatmough with blokes like Bozo, Wombat, Krillich, Igor and the great Beaver are seriously kidding themselves. He has been great for Manly-no doubt, but seriously, he is not fit to lace some of our past legends bootlaces. Why??? because none of those blokes ever carried on like this sook. I couldn't give a ratsarse what he has done for the club-like Des he will be remembered for this rubbish. It will be his legacy I am afraid. Good luck Choc-take the dosh champ

Okay I will bite. Lets look at the facts

1. He has come out and said that he has not signed with anyone. You might choose not to believe this but i think he deserves the benefit of the doubt.
2. How can you doubt his commitment when he is playing with a season ending injury? And has been for a number of weeks? That is about as tough as it gets
3. During the dark post des days who was it who came out in support of tooves? Who, arguably, held the team together in those times?

But yes rubbish him based on articles and news stories that do not have any quotes directly from him.

What some people fail to understand that online there is always a record of what you say...and it is very easy to appear very foolish, especially when you bag a player before there are any real reasons

Good post.
I think if Choc was still of two minds (stay or leave), he only has to watch a few matches of Rowdy when he played at Brookie between 1990 to 91.
I can tell you that the Brookie crowd will let him know what they think if he was to come back in different colours. Persona non grata.

For now, I will still cheer for Choc and believe in him until I see different.

I was at Shearers first trip back to Brookie and wholly crap did he cop it. Went on to play the worst game of his career. Choc's great games will never be forgotten, but none of this sits well with the Manly faithful. We don't forget!

The club gave him permission to look.

It's the same scenario as Glenn Stewart. We can't pay overs for any player who is in their twilight. If another club is willing to then great for the player. Steve Menzies wasn't above the chop so therefore no one is in my opinion. We covered for beaver and we'll cover Stewart, Watmough and anyone else that wants to leave.

Choc is one of my all time favourites but business is business. If he does go to Parra or anywhere else for that matter I'll even still support him as a player. One of Manlys best and a club legend.

Watch Choc Rip In

Cut the 2015 BS....its still 2014 & Manly are in the thick of the finals.
If Choc is gone ....life will go on...Manly will go on.
The way Choc can show he is still fully committed to Manly is to give a much needed whole hearted display this Friday which I believe, regardless of the result, he will.
Its time to support this team & not judge till our season is over.
Personally wish Watmough was a Manly player for life, but its rough to turn on him when he has so proudly worn the Seaeagles emblem, often through injury with heroic displays.
Remember he is still a Seaeagle today...back him & watch him do the team proud starting Friday night.

RE: Watch Choc Rip In

I've never doubted his on-field commitment. He always goes hard.
Pity he has been so outspoken off the field. That's the issue.
There is no problem with him seeking a three year contract for maximum money with another club, just as long as he doesn't denigrate the club that allowed him to rise to the top of the sport.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8
8 3 5 -55 8