Was there any benefit of being a member tonight?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Blake

Reserve Grader
We had to buy tickets, had to line up with all the masses and push and struggle our way through the crowds, and sat in predominantly tigers crowds.
I understand it's a financial incentive to take games to Bluetongue, but did the club do anything at all to make us paying members feel like a priority tonight?
Poor form.

Blake said:
We had to buy tickets, had to line up with all the masses and push and struggle our way through the crowds, and sat in predominantly tigers crowds.
I understand it's a financial incentive to take games to Bluetongue, but did the club do anything at all to make us paying members feel like a priority tonight?
Poor form.
It was heavily advertised that our membership didn't include Blue Tongue. It was posted on this forum & we had emails from the club.

I clicked on the link supplied in the clubs email & bought tickets online. No hassle whatsoever. I booked in the Manly supporters bay. Although not great seats for the price on the 20m line.

There were huge queues to get in even if you pre-purchased tickets.
We would have got 20K at Brooky so no idea really why we took the game there. However, the facilities to get food, drink & take a piss were much better at BT.

I think there is a 100 grand guarantee as well Jerry plus lots more corporate boxes!! I am sure we wouldn't be there if it wasn't worth it!

Jerry1 said:
Blake said:
Poor form.
It was heavily advertised that our membership didn't include Blue Tongue. It was posted on this forum & we had emails from the club.

I clicked on the link supplied in the clubs email & bought tickets online. No hassle whatsoever. I booked in the Manly supporters bay. Although not great seats for the price on the 20m line.

We would have got 20K at Brooky so no idea really why we took the game there. However, the facilities to get food, drink & take a piss were much better at BT.

Bull**** Jerry. I was at the Souths game with a smaller crowd & the food & drink queues were 40 minutes long half an hour before kickoff. They never improved through the game. We sat in our cramped seats, hungry & thirsty for two hours. I'm never going back to that ****hole. Nobody has any right to come on here & say one positive word about the worst ground in the NRL.

Members were given access to tix prior to them going on public sale - that was a privilage?

I will say this about last night: Larissa you did a fantastic job and the club got a good chunk of cash. However, that is the 3rd time in 2 years that one of our home games has had more "away" supporters than home supporters. It might be money but I wouldn't be wasting one of our games anymore. Let the Tigers take a game up there instead.

Very disappointing when you are trying to get the fans behind you and you get drowned out by the away supporters. If it was an away game I'd accept it. However, it was supposed to be a home game and things would have been very different at Brookie.

Once again Larissa, you all did a great job. The beer/food queues for our game, unlike the Souths game, were shorter and most people had pre-bought tickets, which is a great sign. Too bad we couldn't bring the 2 points as well

If they must take a game to Bluetongue why not make it the Cowboys or Warriors where Manly fans will outnumber the opposition fans.

codewana said:
Might make more sense to make the BT matches against out of town teams like Canberra or NZ.

I just Posted without reading this. Totally agree.

I think we do it against other Sydney teams as it will maximise attendees. If we were take a game against a non Sydney team the crowd would be lower and less $$$ for the club. If we take a game away from Brookie there has be some financial benefits. I can see why we play against other Sydney teams.

Garts said:
I think we do it against other Sydney teams as it will maximise attendees. If we were take a game against a non Sydney team the crowd would be lower and less $$$ for the club. If we take a game away from Brookie there has be some financial benefits. I can see why we play against other Sydney teams.

I thought it was fixed $$ amounts.That is why we go there,for guaranteed income,not relying on crowds.Brisbane was supposed to be some huge pot of gold,no matter how many turned up.Maybe they wouldn't guarantee as much if it was a non-sydney team.

bones said:
If they must take a game to Bluetongue why not make it the Cowboys or Warriors where Manly fans will outnumber the opposition fans.

codewana said:
Might make more sense to make the BT matches against out of town teams like Canberra or NZ.

I just Posted without reading this. Totally agree.

Great minds think alike... Fools' thoughts seldom differ.

Bull**** Jerry. I was at the Souths game with a smaller crowd & the food & drink queues were 40 minutes long half an hour before kickoff. They never improved through the game. We sat in our cramped seats, hungry & thirsty for two hours. I'm never going back to that ****hole. Nobody has any right to come on here & say one positive word about the worst ground in the NRL.

[/quote]

I was away for the souths game but I had no problems getting food and drink from bay 4 which was the manly supporters bay. Beers Mabel 3 min queue and pies just before kick off about the same.

Now I'd much rather be at brookie but fm lat Sunday they sold out of pies at the beer hut before kick off. I had to trek across to the family hill and wait 15 mins for a cold pie mate. There is a vast difference in facilities.

three letters......SFS!One season,and watch the local businesses jump up and down to the council about lost revenue/same rates! Frisbee throwers dont drink at manly leagues/brookie pub,and I'm sure they don't pump up the brookie maccas profits by much!

ayjay007 said:
three letters......SFS!One season,and watch the local businesses jump up and down to the council about lost revenue/same rates! Frisbee throwers dont drink at manly leagues/brookie pub,and I'm sure they don't pump up the brookie maccas profits by much!

I've posted this before how long would the council member's last if the Sea Eagles eventually have to pull the pin on Brookie and move to play at a soulless ground like the likes of Canterbury Bankstown, Souths.

Blake said:
Poor form.

Well alot of members aren't just about themselves, they get membership for the clubs prosperity

Duff said:
Jerry1 said:
Blake said:
Poor form.

jerry is right about the piss queues though, if no one is drinking then no one is peeing.

Regarding tickets, this is the first game 'home' game at bluetongue that we have had to purchase tickets directly from Ticketek, usually it is part of the membership and you order tickets from the club and request exactly where you want to sit with the best seats reserved for Manly members. This time it was actually a penalty to be a member as the only tickets you could purchase in our 'priority window' were total rubbish. I tried buying on-line, called Ticketek and went to one of their offices. The staff apologied and advised me to wait until the ticket sales opened to the general public and I could pick my seat.

Sorry to hear you had trouble getting the seats you wanted MissKate.

Please be assured that I the only seats we had on hold during the Members pre-sale were those in Bay 6 and 7 we needed for Football Department requirements.

Im not sure why Ticketek would not have sold you the specific seats you were after. If you forward me an email to [email protected] I can investigate it further for you.

As a point of reference, the reason BlueTongue was not included in 2011 membership was due to considerable member feedback. In 2010 many members were unhapy to be paying for non-Brookvale home games they could not attend. For this reason we decided to reduce membership prices so members could purchase tickets to these games only if they wished to attend them.

Thank you everyone for your feedback. Hope to see you all at Brookie on Sunday.

Go Manly!

Larissa

Larissa said:
As a point of reference, the reason BlueTongue was not included in 2011 membership was due to considerable member feedback.

So would it be safe to assume that all home games will be at Brookie in 2012 due to considerable member feedback or is that a line that is only trotted out when it suits?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7