Warning, Stewart on Footy Show

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I think he'll be playing for us for the whole of his career after the support he received. I couldn't have been prouder of him tonight. The scoff he gave to the NRL was the biggest point he could have made without actually saying something that might get him in trouble...

We have always supported him and Brett knows this...do it for us not the NRL or the SOB's that play their bull**** games. We love you Brett.

My mechanic reckons he'll come to the Titans...of course I said " Fuuck off", he went on to say the media spotlight and the way the syd media has castigated him since the whole thing started would have Stewy thinking a move north away from the  media spotlight worked well for Bird and Laffranchi.Plus Presto's retiring.
Now personally I don't think Brett would ever leave Manly, but after what he and his GF and family have gone through.....stranger things have happened? ???

This is what concerns me there are big rumours going around on an English forum that Wigan are about to sign an ex Australian fullback and loan the Australian side Amos Roberts. Given Brett needs the money and space I'm starting to think it may be him.

I haven't watched the footy show for years, so recorded it on Foxtel and watched it on replay this morning after fast forwarding thriugh the crap.Well done Brett, Jaimie and also to Gus who handled it well,

How anyone watched that garbage, and the garbage from Johns is beyond me.

2011....the Year of the Snake

FFS !! Put these rumours down straight away!!
Brett has stated that Des was his greatest support in this whole saga, Brett WILL be loyal make no bones about that

Good Point Volley!
Gallop the dead **** should of been a man and faced his mistake and Brett!! He should be shamed of himself & the way he's handled this whole thing!!
I haven't watched it yet- I've taped it on IQ.. But it will be the first thing i do when i get home!!

BErKeLEy_eAgLe link said:
FFS !! Put these rumours down straight away!!
Brett has stated that Des was his greatest support in this whole saga, Brett WILL be loyal make no bones about that
Well said BE. The fact he named Des as the man who got him through his darkest moments speaks volumes. Brett has shown his integrity through all of this and will return the loyalty shown to him by Des and the club.

eggson link said:
Not defending Vautin or anything but asking a question, is it possible that he's been told to say some things by ch9/NRL management?
  If he was he should have told them to shove it.  People are getting sick and tired of the fan being hi-jacked by special interests and spin doctors.

Can someone please clear up for me....

Did I hear it correct that the NRL/Gallop had not spoken to Brett and/or offered support from the moment the first news of the incident broke way back 18 months ago?

Not making excuses for Gallop and his pissweak management but his attitude and response to all this is pretty symptomatic of the entire News Ltd corporation. Anyone who doesn't think that News executives knew what was going on at The Storm are deluded. They hung a few scapegoats out to dry and their so called investigation has now gone quiet no more to be said. Same deal with Brett. Outright lies from the media were making the NRL brand look bad so Brett was hung out and executed before anyone even spoke to the guy.
What a remarkable game Rugby league is to be so popular despite the gross incompetence of this pathetic administration. Now they try to cover their arse by saying we tried to talk to him. Gutless, shameful, weak minded fools who don't deserve to run this wonderful game.

Utterly disgraceful conduct by Gallop and the NRL over not bothering to contact Brett back then, during or now.

And what a see-through pathetic excuse that Fatty was asked to say after the Gould interview. This only highlighted the situation instead of covering it up, and appeared to be a hasty last minute thing to save face on behalf of the NRL & Gallop.

Very poor - as was 99% of the rubbish Z grade humour pedalled out during the show - I couldn't believe they had the hide to open the show with 5 mins of that amateurish drivel. At least Matty Johns has a good comedic talent most of the time...

Although I liked Robbo's wisecrack to Gallen about the reason why they had the plastic glasses out at the NRL function.....his only good joke. (Bird)

Fatty and the Big Man stood on the stage to watch the interview, the others buggered off. Fatty would be instructed on what to say I would think

Was also sensational to see an image of Beaver holding the trophy beamed onto the Harbour Bridge pylon

wombatgc link said:
My mechanic reckons he'll come to the Titans...of course I said \" Fuuck off\", he went on to say the media spotlight and the way the syd media has castigated him since the whole thing started would have Stewy thinking a move north away from the  media spotlight worked well for Bird and Laffranchi.Plus Presto's retiring.
Now personally I don't think Brett would ever leave Manly, but after what he and his GF and family have gone through.....stranger things have happened? ???
no way in the world mate. they only way that could possibly happen is  if titans take both glen & brett, i cant see brett playing against glen  ever in the nrl..  his old man wouldnt let him leave manly,  unless he was getting poor treatment there but he isnt..

wombatgc link said:
My mechanic reckons he'll come to the Titans...of course I said \" Fuuck off\", he went on to say the media spotlight and the way the syd media has castigated him since the whole thing started would have Stewy thinking a move north away from the  media spotlight worked well for Bird and Laffranchi.Plus Presto's retiring.
no way in the world mate. they only way that could possibly happen is  if titans take both glen & brett, i cant see brett playing against glen  ever in the nrl..  his old man wouldnt let him leave manly,  unless he was getting poor treatment there but he isnt..

why did this double post ?????????????????  1st time thats ever happend to me..

Piss weak excuse trotted out by Fatty.  The NRL and Gallop (and Fatty himself) would have looked better if he didn't say anything.

He was obviously told to say it.  He didn't look too happy about it either if you look at his face as he walked off stage.

It would have been nice if he told them to f--- off rather than say that rubbish on tv, but I guess he knows who pays the bills.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6
6 3 3 16 6