Warne- still an idiot

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

PJ

Bencher
I posted on here a couple of months back how Shane just can't help himself and was blasted by a few who said that he has been great for Australian cricket.
I mentioned that his team mates and the coaching staff were sick of it after speaking to a member of the coaching staff and a couple still dismissed it.
FACT: At one time only 11 players can represent the Australian cricket team and out of them all Warne would be pretty close to the most recognisable. He is also married with kids.
You would think with knowledge of this Warne would atleast have the commonsense to tone down his sleazy activities just a little bit due the fact he has the honour of representing Australia in a sport not too many get the chance at.
At the press conference that CEO Sutherland didn't even bother denying there had been plenty of 'other' incidents we don't know about.
He obviously hands out his phone number alot as it was circulated through an email a while back- I say obviously as he tried to pass it on to a female relative saying that he is only married when in Melbourne.
He has also barred himself from using mobile- obviously because he can't help himself- how old is he???
I have no doubt he is a great cricketer and has done some magic things for Australia but he is no champion nor will he ever be simply due to the fact he is a Class A idiot who is no role model for any Aussie kid to have.

I would say this is just another case of BS, someone going after Warne for some cash.

Dont forget the chick as pinned the rest of the team telling her to keep quiet.
I think its BS tabloid crap again

If it were anyone else I would believe it was BS but not this bloke the bloke I spoke to who is on the coaching staff has said this happens all the time and the press doesn't get hold of half of it due to management covering it up.
Remember just recently when he apparently hurt his thumb after 'forgetting to put his thumb guard in' - there was nothing at all wrong with his thumb- it was disiplinary action.
I believe in giving people chances but his wrap sheet is just ridiculous.

sounds like tabloid stuff to me........no aliens to report on I guess

BTW - I have a few Shane Warne stories of mine own. Defamtion laws preclude me from including them here. Nothing I won't tell over a schooner though

over a scooner is still defamation dude

I don't take much notice of the papers - working for one I'm well aware of the twists they can put on things in a bid to sell more of them.
It's the information I have recieved is second hand through people who have direct dealings with the guy that has led me to form this opinion of him.
These people are not journos and aren't in the habit of making stuff up.

fair enough then.

I thought it was all from the media perspective. there are far too many media beat ups and they tend to annoy me

over a scooner is still defamation dude

Only if you tell Warnie and/or his lawyers :evil: I am recounting true stories about him that I cannot prove. :blaugh: :drunk:

Thats alright you tell us stories about yourself you can not prove either! girl

I'll pay that one Flip!
Just goes to show you can't have it all- brains, hair and sporting prowess...somethings got to give!
Yeah Yeah

So what are you proposing, that we drop him from the team because of his off field antics ?? I don't think so. No one has ever accused Warney of being the sharpest tool in the shed, in fact evidence would suggest the opposite. However what is irrefutable is that he is the best wrist spinner of his generation, even perhaps of all time. Therefore he deserves to be one of the first picked in the Aussie XI, and what he does off the field is his business and he has to suffer the consequences on a personal level. Off course I'm discounting any activities relating to banned substances, match fixing, turning up unfit to play etc.

If he wants to carry on like an "idiot" in his own time than so be it, as long as he gives 100% on the field than I don't care. I for one would hate to have a team of smiles and "apple pie" marketable clones regurgitating worn out cliches, whilst those with rougher edges but more talent miss out.

I never suggested dropping him- just pointing out the fact that he is an idiot and all this stuff that is blown up in the media is his own stupid fault and we should have no sympathy for him - just his wife and kids.
It's unfortunate that he is such a good player but in my eyes will never be a champion due to the fact that you can't be both a champion and a class A moron.

Thisdiscussion has some similarity to the Gary Ablett - Hall of Fame ruminations. He was an absolute great of that game but some will never forget the drug induced behaviour that led to the death of the young girl in his company suffered a few years back.

Sponsors and the games themselves are very concerned about reputations and off-field behaviour as it is ultimately matched together.

That is probably the difference CW- back even say 10-15 years ago when players weren't paid as much and sponsorship was basically non-exisitent unless you were in the very top bracket, behaviour was not such a problem due to the fact it probably wasn't highlighed as much in the press.
Now, and rightly so sponsors want a return on their investment and the onus is on the players to behave and earn their mega bucks- as it should with that sort of money!

Ablett was far more serious IMO cw, warne hasnt been involved in anybodys death, and to my knowledge hasnt been involved in drugs to that extent.

having said that hes a dead set goose, and I'm just thankful he never got the nod to captain this country.

and Dan, it aint defamation if its true

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4