Wally Lewis

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
It's not about 'enraging' most women (I know there are militant feminists whose default setting is 'rage'), but I reckon Allana Ferguson would've felt at least a bit uncomfortable.

I'm the first person to tell an un-PC joke amongst friends (including male friends), but there's always something creepy about a much older man tossing that type of innuendo around when it's directed at a much younger woman/girl he doesn't know in that way. Definitely got a fair bit of the 'creepy Uncle Wally' vibe about it.

I work with a guy who does stuff like this, asks inappropriate questions about relationship histories, tries to give dating advice etc to me and a couple of other women (all between 20-35 years younger than him)...it's awkward and uncomfortable, but he got offended when I told him he was a dirty old man?!
I totally agree with everything you've said and I feel exactly the same way about it as you...the issue was not the actual joke itself, more the circumstances surrounding the joke...keep that sort of joke for the pub with the boys Wally, not when you are sitting across from a young girl on national television.

I thought it was awkward and she looked embarrassed and didn't know where to look. That alone indicated it was offensive. Lewis is a tool and like another poster said the show is full bogan. If you're trying to attract women to the game use some common sense and don't use low brow bogan jokes like that. I literally switched over from fox right on that skit all the while saying to my partner let's see what the crappy footy show is dishing up. Wally right in cue cracks that joke. Fox are running rings around 9. They know their audience and target the shows accordingly.

I totally agree with everything you've said and I feel exactly the same way about it as you...the issue was not the actual joke itself, more the circumstances surrounding the joke...keep that sort of joke for the pub with the boys Wally, not when you are sitting across from a young girl on national television.

Have to agree, national TV, and your workplace, Wally, is not the time or the place for that kind of language.

im neither here nor there on the issue, it was lame.... but not overly offensive..
what gets to me is the "think of the poor girl" stuff.... i believe in equal rights for women, that includes not treating them like poor innocent precious little ladies when the big bad man makes a semi crude reference....
plus, have any of you spoken to a girl in her 20s lately??? alot of them speak far worse than the blokes... should hear em after a date, they go into every single detail lol, how was it, length? girth, etc etc etc.. pure filth... i love it

im neither here nor there on the issue, it was lame.... but not overly offensive..
what gets to me is the "think of the poor girl" stuff.... i believe in equal rights for women, that includes not treating them like poor innocent precious little ladies when the big bad man makes a semi crude reference....
plus, have any of you spoken to a girl in her 20s lately??? alot of them speak far worse than the blokes... should hear em after a date, they go into every single detail lol, how was it, length? girth, etc etc etc.. pure filth... i love it

The difference is, like I said earlier, those girls may 'speak far worse than the blokes' - but amongst friends and people they're comfortable with.

Someone your dad/grandad's age isn't a person you'd normally choose to have that kind of conversation with, and especially not on national TV.

Me, I work with Army guys and yeah, the conversations can get pretty out there - but there's an unspoken rule that you know your audience well before you start crossing lines. When someone you don't know well starts with the dirty jokes and remarks, it's just as uncomfortable as your uncle and his grubby mates ogling your boobs when you were 12.

The segment is called 'joking off'?

That's not a family oriented title for starters. I saw the incident on Facebook and like others haven't seen the footy show for years. It wasn't funny. But neither is anything else on that show.

She should have replied that she likes it better when the man is having a seizure. But she did not stoop to her level.

I know what you are saying but you are assuming that all young girls these days fit the description you've given above...put yourself in the girls shoes...a balding old creep like Wally paints a picture in your head and the head of everyone watching on television...what's wrong with having a bit of class? I think that's why some of the posters on here have been calling the footy show "bogan" because it completely lacks any class.

They should talk about the football instead of goofing off all the time. No one cares about that sort of drivel anymore. Foxtel have shown the way with intelligent and informative analysis...it's like the Footy Show got a laugh from those old anti-ads back in the 90's and Matty John's characters like Reg Reagan and decided to make it the premise for the entire show...it's garbage.

I know what you are saying but you are assuming that all young girls these days fit the description you've given above...put yourself in the girls shoes...a balding old creep like Wally paints a picture in your head and the head of everyone watching on television...what's wrong with having a bit of class? I think that's why some of the posters on here have been calling the footy show "bogan" because it completely lacks any class.

They should talk about the football instead of goofing off all the time. No one cares about that sort of drivel anymore. Foxtel have shown the way with intelligent and informative analysis...it's like the Footy Show got a laugh from those old anti-ads back in the 90's and Matty John's characters like Reg Reagan and decided to make it the premise for the entire show...it's garbage.
mate i totally agree with you in regards to the footy show... its complete cr@p for the most part, and i havnt watched it since sterlo and fatty hosted it in... the 90s????
i just get frustrated with women being painted as the victim all the time.... unless the woman herself comes out and says it offended her, ppl should just take it for what it was... a classless joke by a moron.. without getting too worked up.... after all,name someone on that show who isnt a moron???

mate i totally agree with you in regards to the footy show... its complete cr@p for the most part, and i havnt watched it since sterlo and fatty hosted it in... the 90s????
i just get frustrated with women being painted as the victim all the time.... unless the woman herself comes out and says it offended her, ppl should just take it for what it was... a classless joke by a moron.. without getting too worked up.... after all,name someone on that show who isnt a moron???

The problem is that most 'normal' women probably aren't going to speak up about it, because you want to be seen as a 'good sport' and not one of the militant feminists who flies into a fit of outrage at the drop of a hat.

I think Allana Ferguson's reaction was a pretty good indicator that she wasn't entirely comfortable with it, but let's be realistic - she's a female player in a male-dominated sport, is she really going to go head to head with a 'legend' of the game? I'd put money on it, much the same way as it works in the military - you get used to letting a lot of stuff go through to the keeper, no matter how awkward and grubby it makes you feel, because it isn't worth being labelled a precious little snowflake over.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8