Walker's role?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
With Parker and Harper looking locks for centre and Foz/Schuster covering 5/8 is Walker's role similar to tonight where he can play as an extra 13? I liked his ball playing through the middle and will only get better. I think he showed tonight he definitely has to be in our 17. With Lawton able to cover everything from hooker to backrow and Walker covering outside backs and 5/8 and able to play middle it gives us great options off the bench. I have them both on my bench!

With Parker and Harper looking locks for centre and Foz/Schuster covering 5/8 is Walker's role similar to tonight where he can play as an extra 13? I liked his ball playing through the middle and will only get better. I think he showed tonight he definitely has to be in our 17. With Lawton able to cover everything from hooker to backrow and Walker covering outside backs and 5/8 and able to play middle it gives us great options off the bench. I have them both on my bench!
Your analysis is looking on the money

Walker the #14?

There are those that say you can't have such a highly paid player on the bench.......

I say they can 'faaaarkkk' themselves!

Predicting our best or finals line-up is almost pointless as things change week to week.
For example, if Harper gets a week suspension (I doubt it but just say) and Walker plays next week at right centre and brains it - then all our musings are immediately out of date!
Still fun to ponder though

Liked the way he played all effort, team is building and getting stronger.

Good to see he can still put on a turn of speed, first time I've seen him in the open for a long time. Been saying for a long time he should run the ball more - if he does get a run at centre, with the speed, strength, ball playing and a bit of a kick, he brings a lot in attack.

He looked very sharp indeed and looked great running the footy BUT if we have all our complement - with DCE, Foran, Schuster, Jake as ball players - we wont need Walker ball playing. He is either a Centre or maybe on the bench but then I think with a full complement Lawson is on the bench plus three forwards. But gee is a really nice position to be in. We really have some attacking options - wow... who would have thought?

He looked very sharp indeed and looked great running the footy BUT if we have all our complement - with DCE, Foran, Schuster, Jake as ball players - we wont need Walker ball playing. He is either a Centre or maybe on the bench but then I think with a full complement Lawson is on the bench plus three forwards. But gee is a really nice position to be in. We really have some attacking options - wow... who would have thought?
That's my point, Lawton can play in the forwards so he allows the luxury of playing an extra utility. We don't need 3 middle forwards on the bench.

I like it

However Suli looked really good too tonight. You can’t have a bench of Suli Walker and Lawton when Schuster comes back, way too small.

I’d opt for Walker at 14 from now on too

We have a great side especially fully fit:
Usual backline
Paseka Croker Keppie Olakau’atu Schuster Jake

Bench becomes either:
Walker Taupau Lawton Aloiai
or
Lawton as the 14, and Taupau, Aloiai and Sipley as a 3 prop combo

Great team

Last edited:
There is no room in my 17 for Walker with Schu, Keppie and Aoli back. Lawton should be 14 with Keppie, Marty and Sippers beside him on the bench.

He will get a go off the pine at least until Schu returns then hopefully we won't have enough injuries again to need him at all.
He can pack his bags come September.

But hey, knowing Des he’ll run with Walks & Suli on the bench!
What the f$&k would we know?

That's my point, Lawton can play in the forwards so he allows the luxury of playing an extra utility. We don't need 3 middle forwards on the bench.
So who misses out on a middle forward spot so we can carry 2 utilities; Keppie/Aoli/Sippers? Lawton stays as a GENUINE utility, covering hooker, 2nd row and the backs.
Walkers arm-grabbing defence is atrocious...always has been.

Walker is a more skilful & instinctual player than the rest of our three quarters. If he his effort level increases, I would suggest he replaces Harper. I think Saab would score a stack of tries outside him (hark back to Uate 2017). Otherwise, he would be an excellent super sub.

With all currently injured players available, a possible17 could be

1. Turbo
  2. Garrick
  3. Parker
  4. Walker
  5. Saab
  6. Foran
  7. DCE
  8. Marty
  9. Croker
  10. Paseka
  11. Schuster
  12. Haumole
  13. Jake
  14. Lawton
  15. Keppie
  16. Aloiai
  17. Sipley
Add Fainu into the mix and you have a premiership capable team

Walker is a more skilful & instinctual player than the rest of our three quarters. If he his effort level increases, I would suggest he replaces Harper. I think Saab would score a stack of tries outside him (hark back to Uate 2017). Otherwise, he would be an excellent super sub.

With all currently injured players available, a possible17 could be

1. Turbo
  2. Garrick
  3. Parker
  4. Walker
  5. Saab
  6. Foran
  7. DCE
  8. Marty
  9. Croker
  10. Paseka
  11. Schuster
  12. Haumole
  13. Jake
  14. Lawton
  15. Keppie
  16. Aloiai
  17. Sipley
Add Fainu into the mix and you have a premiership capable team
Harper over Parker and that's spot on

Sorry but I disagree. Parker and Harpo have been and important part of our revival, not because they are brilliant in attack but because they are good defenders and committed team players. With DCE, The Shoe, Turbo, Sandwich and Saab we have plenty of strike, without the need for Walker who is patchy, at best.
Walker was trialled tonight as a lock and went well. His future lies as a utility, but he is well behind The Law-man who has been a revelation.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4