WALKER to play fullback ... by Buzz

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
It’s a typical Des deflection , making the opposition think and plan for Walker ( may even name him in the 1) but still think it’s highly unlikely to happen.
To be fair, I don't think the Roosters' game plan changes regardless of who the fullback is (outside of Tom). They will be peppered with kicks and a strong kick-chase. They will look to push them around the park, make them cover plenty of ground and be completely buggered early. No replacement is going to have fullback fitness.

If Des wants to play games, he will name Tom on the extended bench and drop him out late or include him late - that's when you know he is messing with them.

Has Parker ever played fullback?
Comparing physical sizes to TT
TT is 194cm Tall and 102kg
Brad Parker is 193cm Tall and 100kg
Dylan is 181cm Tall and 98kg
However, the Prince Brett Stewart was 186cm Tall and 86kg
I guess we'll see when they run out on Saturday

If Harper does come in at the last minute who drops out? Parker or Suli? Or does Funa drop out and Parker goes to the bench as cover for the backs / second row?

The other big issue is fitness. Fullback covers far more metres than a centre or winger. They will be blowing hard early. That's when people get sloppy in both defence and attack. Whoever it is will need plenty of support coming out of our own end.

This is my concern too, Walkz has never struck me to be the fittest he could or doing extras.
Maybe I'm wrong.

But if we hold the ball and control possession then it's not really an issue.

Hope so.

Harper to FB.
Schuster to the bench in place of Funa.
Walker to centre in place of Parker.
Aloiai to the bench for Paseka.
Gosie to bench in place of Davey.

Please read Des and follow through. Cheers.
I like it although I'd be happy to leave Gosiewski and Aloiai for now.
Harper to fullback and Walker to centre looks stronger and then adding Schuster to bench for Funa and its a totally better looking side!

I haven't forgotten

Yes this was my thinking - Harper in - Parker out - Walker to Centre and Schuster in for Funa. Fingers crossed
Funa on the bench to me is a good indicator of this scenario. Fingers crossed i thought he went alright at fb. Definitely a goer and has some pace on him. Really looking forward to Foran and walker striking up a combination on the left edge. Im tipping jetski in for a try off a Foran short kick

Cmon mate what's wrong with you? Don't death ride the bloke. I already know i will get some I told you so messages if he does go down. End of the day the club wanted him so back the guy
I not death riding him! I support them all!
I even supported DCE’s mate Myles and he was useless! And the GOAT Hasson!

look on the bright side if he is injured Schuster will get a run .... see win/ win!!

just sayin’

Cmon mate what's wrong with you? Don't death ride the bloke. I already know i will get some I told you so messages if he does go down. End of the day the club wanted him so back the guy
I agree. May not be too many of your posts I can say that about! The mighty Manly Sea Eagles rugby league team attracts admirers from all corners. And all walks of life. And in my opinion, we should respect that and respect each other. We have had players who are Jewish, Muslim, Christian, atheist, indigenous, Lebanese, English, Maori, Islander, hetero, and, most famously, gay.
Let us support our team and each other, and always disagree, but never about sexuality, religion, or race!

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6