Walker has the last laugh for Manly

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Disagree all you like that is what the forum is for. Interesting view though. Some champions say nothing at all, it is there stone cold silence and icey nature that intimidates. Still intimidation in my book, just different strategy.

And some do neither. Beaver has already been mentioned as an example, he's just about the perfect one - he intimidated opponents with his skill, nothing else. There was no niggle, and no silently staring anyone down, in him. Just getting the job done without the need to either talk himself up or piss on anyone else in the process.

I have also competed at a high level in two sports, and the out and out champions in both are the quiet achievers. The gobby ones have a tendency to be brought down a peg or five when they find themselves in the tough stuff.

Mate, spot on - Beaver was one of the champions I was thinking of. Think about guys like Tooves, Killer...not exactly known for their niggle, were they?
Beaver & Eadie were two of Manly's best ever (my fav Manly players), and total gentleman who are revered by opposition players and fans alike. They let their footy do the talking. Menzies used to cry when "cattle dog" was called. Horses for courses

And some do neither. Beaver has already been mentioned as an example, he's just about the perfect one - he intimidated opponents with his skill, nothing else. There was no niggle, and no silently staring anyone down, in him. Just getting the job done without the need to either talk himself up or piss on anyone else in the process.

I have also competed at a high level in two sports, and the out and out champions in both are the quiet achievers. The gobby ones have a tendency to be brought down a peg or five when they find themselves in the tough stuff.
Personally, I love your type pf champion the most. Dylan will come good and that will be great for all

watmough and gift were all about the niggle

i thought we were the team people love to hate? it wouldn't be right if we didn't have at least one public enemy in the side

I am with you, loved the sledging

**** yeah...I love it. I admit, I also enjoy the biff. The way our boys had each others back, was super cool on the weekend.

When Josephine Tapine (see what I did there) pushed Api in the face, and Marty arched up..Warren Smith said, "that is one scary sight, coming at you"...I jumped up and did a damned fist pump.

Flog the pricks ! "Canberra, the big scary pack". Really? Looked like they just got done over by Manly's.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6