Walker has the last laugh for Manly

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Straight up guys. Who made the bigger difference in The Raiders / Eagles game? Croker or Walker?

Funny, Walker won us the game. Croker cost his team his, and admitted such.

They were suggesting that this game was the pre-cursor to who will be selected for NSW. Well, if that was true and accurate, have fun in State of Origin Dylan - favorite current player !

Straight up guys. Who made the bigger difference in The Raiders / Eagles game? Croker or Walker?

They were suggesting that this game was the pre-cursor to who will be selected for NSW. Well, if that was true and accurate, have fun in State of Origin Dylan - favorite current player !
I'm on the other side of the fence here re Walker. Heaps of ability and so much potential but also a massive tosser. Has a lot of J Hayne about him. Always gets up after a tackle looking for trouble. Just seems like a knob to me which sucks as he has the potential to be a legendary player.

I remember the first semi final back in '10, Croker missed a goal & lost to the Tigers, 24-26.
Croker took it hard, poor chap, dropped down, I thought he was going to engage in self flagellation with his headgear.

Watched a great one on one with Tommy Raudonikis last night. He said you do whatever is in your power to win. If Dylan needs to get fired up to perform at the highest level, let him. It may not suit the PC do gooders of today, but he is playing for his team, and probably doesn't give a toss what people think. Old school ways! Don't knock champions, if he keeps his trajectory he will be the best centre in the game. Just needs to curb the temperament a little

Watched a great one on one with Tommy Raudonikis last night. He said you do whatever is in your power to win. If Dylan needs to get fired up to perform at the highest level, let him. It may not suit the PC do gooders of today, but he is playing for his team, and probably doesn't give a toss what people think. Old school ways! Don't knock champions, if he keeps his trajectory he will be the best centre in the game. Just needs to curb the temperament a little
It's not about being PC mate. He carries on like a good sort when things don't go his way. Champions don't behave like that. Champions don't punch doors and act selfishly like he does. I hope he matures and comes good, no one is perfect but I will respect him way more if he just has a go week in week out without being a knob. His way isn't old school at all, he's a gen Y winger. Old school can take a shot, get back up and give it back without having a cry. He's very new school IMO

It's not about being PC mate. He carries on like a good sort when things don't go his way. Champions don't behave like that. Champions don't punch doors and act selfishly like he does. I hope he matures and comes good, no one is perfect but I will respect him way more if he just has a go week in week out without being a knob. His way isn't old school at all, he's a gen Y winger. Old school can take a shot, get back up and give it back without having a cry. He's very new school IMO
You have twisted my words pal. Sure he is an upstart, when he quits some of that schoolboy carry on, he will be all the better for it. But as someone who played at a decent level in sport, it is more about the head and the intimidation. If you have strength and athletic ability and can upset, niggle and dominate your rival mentally, you have the qualities of a champion.

I fully agree. However the Nsw selectors have a nasty habit of getting things wrong!

I'm on the other side of the fence here re Walker. Heaps of ability and so much potential but also a massive tosser. Has a lot of J Hayne about him. Always gets up after a tackle looking for trouble. Just seems like a knob to me which sucks as he has the potential to be a legendary player.
Apprently likes the niggle but when he cops it back throws his toys out the cot.
Signs of A massive tosser

Any repercussions for BJL? Screaming like a muppet 8m away when the ball was struck. Terrible look for the game.

Karma, faking the injury on the 4th tackle on the line. Went to **** after that moment.

The main point of the story for me is the confidence he took out of his Captain saying just ''knock it over'

Never a doubt from Chez and Walks took it as just another shot, rather than having the weight of the world on his shoulder :clap:

Dylan Walker no silver tongued sledger after golden-point win
DEAN RITCHIE, The Daily Telegraph
34 minutes ago
Subscriber only
MANLY star Dylan Walker has revealed what he said to shattered Canberra players after kicking the matchwinning goal in last weekend’s match at GIO Stadium.

After being sledged throughout the game, Walker landed the golden point goal before charging off on an unofficial lap of honour to tell Canberra players: “What do you think of that?”

Raiders players were left filthy.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...n/news-story/0fe266d6c0c5f0fc68c82c185ff803af

I think Walker needs to embrace this side of himself. Previously he seems caught between how he plays.....walker is one of those players that is best when he challenges the opposition which means they challenge him. It takes a lot of guts because he has put a massive target on his back....everytime he stuffs up he is going to cop it. But I think that's good....no more hiding. As much as I hate players like Ennis, they never hid and would cop heaps if they stuffed up or lost, that is very difficult for most players.

If Dylan's such a knob why does he have such a problem using doors?

He is comfortable with the sliding variety.

He will soon be starring in his own reality show - La Perouse Rules.

I understand that Rabs had contacted him, with a view to what to call Dylan during any future broadcasts. Somewhat like Cam Smith, he will addressed as Dyl Walker.

If Dylan Walker likes the niggle and the sledging then hopefully he gets on with it like Justin Hodges did.
When Hodges was young he was too easily distracted by the niggle and would lose confidence in games. When he finally matured he was one of the best running round in the NRL.
Hopefully Dylan matures a little more soon, but still keeps that niggle and under your skin play.

I'd disagree. The true champions don't bother with the upsetting and the niggling, they just worry about their own performances and stay out of all that crap.
I tend to agree many champions lead with action over words...personally don't see Walker as a champion, but a great centre, as good or better than today's NRL centres when ON.
Certainly can't blame him for giving plenty back to those grubs the other night kicking when he was down....that's where I may be wrong...Champs get back up and get it done...like Walker did.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8