Walker glad to be back

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
From NRL.com
"Last week there was a bit of … not too sure what to call it … in my head. I just had to play to get over that mental hurdle.

"I wasn't too excited to be finally playing again. I was just so nervous, not knowing how the ankle will hold; how the shoulder would hold up."

The body passed with flying colours, although Walker's match fitness needs work.

"I was blowing hard but I'm so much better having got that much out of the way,'' he said.

"I didn't feel like [injuries] were giving me grief out there, or that I couldn't do something. I am so much more confident this week. Now I'm itching to get out to play. Last week I was like 'I'm not too sure'.

walkerd-180408701.jpg

Read more at:
https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/04/11...alker-was-nervous-returning-after-leg-injury/

Hope he focuses on Manly winning and not chest beating for another year.:fubar:

Ref almost benched him for being the third man in - still a loose cannon :cool:

Uate needs Walks to rebuild his loss of form :nod:

One of the form centres of the comp last year, if not the best. I thought he looked very tentative last week, hopefully he gets his confidence and fitness back sooner rather than later.

In saying that though, he is coming back from a very serious injury and I’m hoping he hasn’t been rushed back to soon..

This is pretty common and one reason a game in reggies can help (although with TT out we couldn't afford that luxury).

Need to give him at least a month to get some fitness back but expect every week he will get better until he is back to his best.

Now Dylan Walker is excited.

He cannot wait for Manly's round six match against the roaring Wests Tigers on Sunday at Lottoland. There he will face a club sitting in the NRL top-four after four wins to start the Telstra Premiership season.

It is a far cry from how he felt last week, leading up to the game against the Gold Coast. And it's got nothing to do with losing that match 32-20.

It had everything to do with the five operations on his ankle, lower leg and shoulder, which put him out of football last September – nearly seven months ago.

"I knew I was never going to play round one," Walker told NRL.com.

"Last week there was a bit of … not too sure what to call it … in my head. I just had to play to get over that mental hurdle.

"I wasn't too excited to be finally playing again. I was just so nervous, not knowing how the ankle will hold; how the shoulder would hold up."

The body passed with flying colours, although Walker's match fitness needs work.

"I was blowing hard but I'm so much better having got that much out of the way,'' he said.

"I didn't feel like [injuries] were giving me grief out there, or that I couldn't do something. I am so much more confident this week. Now I'm itching to get out to play. Last week I was like 'I'm not too sure'.

"Now I'm looking forward to getting those combinations in the team going again – getting my groove back.

"I always hold myself to a high standard. Last week was a step in the right direction for me but this week I really want to come back and have an impact."

He's not talking line breaks, tackle busts, or even run metes.

"You can have 15 runs for 200 metres, but did you really impact the game?" Walker said.

Sea Eagles coach Trent Barrett will be looking for some point-scoring action from his right-side centre. Walker crossed for 13 tries in 25 games last year.

But he won't be goal-kicking, unless Daly Cherry-Evans is not available. The injuries Walker suffered were to his right leg – his kicking leg.

"He's kicking really well," Walker said of his skipper, who took it upon himself to be chief kicker this year. Walker (28 goals) and Matthew Wright (36) shared the duties last season.

"He's kicking a lot better than I was. I'm still going to practise, just in case, but I only had my first kick a couple of weeks ago."

As for a return to the NSW Origin team, Walker will keep working on that too.

"Origin is always a talking point. But for me it's about playing well, and I only had my first game a week ago. The standards I hold myself to will be rising each week.

"I'll show [selectors] what I'm about and we'll see."

Another returning for Manly from injury, but only after a fortnight out, is fullback Tom Trbojevic.

"He will handle it fine. He really enjoys his footy; enjoys training," said older brother Jake Trbojevic of the pressure on Tom to keep producing eye-opening performances.

The last match he ran for 170 metres, seven tackle busts, three line breaks, four try assists and scored himself.

"He always wants to put his best foot forward and be consistent."

That is something Jake admires about the Tigers right now.

"They are a tough side. They base their game on defence and they're impressive," he said.

"They are winning the tight games and that must mean a great attitude. They are really fun to watch."

"I'll show [selectors] what I'm about and we'll see."

Every blind man and his dog knows what Dylan is capable off
A fit Walker is a Fantastic centre

As much as I hate to say it, the Titans played it smart last week. They knew Walker would be severely lacking in match fitness and they targeted his side of the field for the most part. Not that Dylan shirked the task at all, but they certainly made sure that he was worked hard in his first game for over 7 months.

The best thing was though that he came through the game with no injury issues. The body held up well even if he was huffing and puffing because of that lack of fitness, which will come back over the next 2-3 weeks I think.

One thing I think we're all hoping is that with Walker back and getting fitter and more in form by the week.....that will rub off on Uate who has been close to woeful so far this year. They formed a lethal combination on our right last year (Edit: they combined for 27 tries in 2017, 14 for Aku and 13 for Walks) and if they can get back to that it will go a long way to helping Manly win more than we lose.

Last edited:
Can't stand Walker. :sick:

The lack of interest in defense is apalling. Let alone his dumb trash talking motivation of opponents :mad:

He started to get involved in the last 20 minutes.

Walker is a great centre, give him time to get his confidence back. When he was tackled on the line by the ankles, I cringed, but he played on pretty well. I'm happy with him at centre.

Members online

No members online now.
Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4