Walker cleared to play.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
and to all you other drama queens .... get some perspective ... there is a big difference between saying pulling your partners hair is at the lower end of any violence scale ... and condoning violence ...

We have for the benefit of you who wish to take the moral high ground ... a player in our team who kicked his heavily pregnant partner in the stomach .....

I know which offence is more serious ... do you ??
C'mon Woodsie.

If you have daughters, would you be ok with the partner pulling her hair like what has been described in this thread.

I know I sure wouldn't want that for my daughter.

2019 mate. It just can't be accepted.

You are correct, it is not acceptable. if guilty some punishment warrented of course ..... give me an idea of what you think is a valid punishment .. here is mine ..

Hanye .... Aggrivated sexual assault causing actual physical harm to the Genitals ....... (prison and life ban)
De Bellin ... Rape of a teenager ... (Prison and life ban)
Waker .... pulled partners hair .... (??)

and to all you other drama queens .... get some perspective ... there is a big difference between saying pulling your partners hair is at the lower end of any violence scale ... and condoning violence ...

We have for the benefit of you who wish to take the moral high ground ... a player in our team who kicked his heavily pregnant partner in the stomach .....

I know which offence is more serious ... do you ??

You are correct, it is not acceptable. if guilty some punishment warrented of course ..... give me an idea of what you think is a valid punishment .. here is mine ..

Hanye .... Aggrivated sexual assault causing actual physical harm to the Genitals ....... (prison and life ban)
Waker .... pulled partners hair .... (??)
No not just pulled partners hair... used it to pull her to the ground, while she was carrying his child. Terrified his partner to the point where she wouldn’t go inside, sought refuge in a neighboring property, and called the police because of her fear. All allegedly at this stage of course. It is not the first time either (fist in door ring a bell?) Abuse is abuse mate... when we start to minimise abuse it opens the door for much worse situations to unfold down the track... it’s usually progressive, and completely unacceptable, irrespective of whether you play a professional sport, or clean toilets. She’s tiny, and he’s a very strong man, think about that.

Last edited:
In the call, which was was played at a hearing into charges of domestic violence laid against the Manly star, Alexandra Ivkovic claims Walker pulled her hair as she ran out of their northern beaches home holding their baby in December following a fight over a video game.

“He pulled my hair and I fell down as I was holding my baby,” Ms Ivkovic said on the recording.

“I don’t want to be alone with him”.

“Can I please have someone here?... he’s trying to make me get off the street.

“He’s scaring me when he’s like this.”

In footage from a police body-worn camera, taken inside the neighbour’s house, Ms Ivkovic tells police Walker had been playing a game on his PlayStation.

“I asked if he wanted a fork or a spoon with his dinner,” she says. “He was really pissed off because I interrupted (him).”

https://coupler.foxsports.com.au/ap...e/news-story/9df94a20a92ed37411bd9b45d9f14ba7
Jeez. He will need a hell of a lawyer and a solid defence case to get out of this by the looks.

I agree with all this, BUT, these players are not “meant” to be role models. They are ill-equipped for such a pedestal. Any kid, or parent allowing their children to find their role model from a batch of largely undereducated, over privileged sportsmen should be steering them in a different direction. Players can be hero’s as much as they can be villains, but they should never be typecast as a role model, and in that regards I feel sorry for the players that been good at sport thrusts them into a role, most of them simply don’t want or are unable to fulfill.

While I 100% agree, the reality is that this country places a lot of stock in its high profile sports people, rugby league players included. They get put on pedestals like heroes and a lot don't want to believe it when they are knocked off said pedestal (doesn't stop many of them sticking the boot in after they've fallen though). Its been happening for well over 100 years.

C'mon Woodsie.

If you have daughters, would you be ok with the partner pulling her hair like what has been described in this thread.

I know I sure wouldn't want that for my daughter.

2019 mate. It just can't be accepted.

Waker .... pulled partners hair .... (??)[/QUOTE]

(??)
Life ban from the NRL , if found guilty, for sure.

No not just pulled partners hair... used it to pull her to the ground, while she was carrying his child. Terrified his partner to the point where she wouldn’t go inside, sought refuge in a neighboring property, and called the police because of her fear. All allegedly at this stage of course. It is not the first time either (fist in door ring a bell?) Abuse is abuse mate... when we start to minimise abuse it opens the door for much worse situations to unfold down the track... it’s usually progressive, and completely unacceptable, irrespective of whether you play a professional sport, or clean toilets. She’s tiny, and he’s a very strong man, think about that.
Couldn’t agree more!

Waker .... pulled partners hair
He did that in public with eyewitnesses when she is holding his baby I would hate to see what he would get up to behind close doors with no 1 watching. He doesn't deserve to be wearing our jersey and so I'm not a hypocrite I'm on record saying that AFB should not have been signed and I also wanted tetevano out of the club.
As a club we should have zero tolerance.

I'm surprised to hear people in this day and age playing down Dometic Violence. "It's only pulling her hair". Are you serious? What a weak view of domestic violence and intimidation.

Intimidating a woman is bad enough. Even verbally.... But physically dragging a woman to the ground... With their baby in her arms!!! ....by her hair is a dog act. It's pathetic. Scum.

There is no place in the game, let alone Manly, for domestic violence. Especially those players who are repeat rule breakers....

If it were up to me, a line in the sand would be drawn today and anyone found guilty of domestic violence would never play league again.

Remember this?
https://www.illawarramercury.com.au/story/3180625/dragons-sack-addin-fonua-blake/

Has AFB corrected his mistake, paid for it in many ways, and is making amends? Or do you want him outed forever as well, mate?

People make mistakes everyone. BAD mistakes.

Yeah they can correct there mistakes but it doesn't mean they can play rugby league. They can improve there life and dig ditches.

So AFB, Tetevano, Walker should all be immediately banned for life from their careers (at 19 years old AFB was).
Also bear in mind, it's these guys footy careers helping their respective family units (and children), so not only
have the women suffered from the violence, they then get punished with a reduced lifestyle (possibly losing assets, property, income)

You happy to punish the victims in this as well, by just saying, "let them dig holes".

I just don't think it's as simple as people suggest here. There's more to take into consideration (like the wider family, and children).

Walker losing his job potentially costs his family 800k per year. Fair enough if you don't want him to receive that, but what about his wife and newborn?
Kick them out on the street maybe?

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4