Walker cleared to play.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Wrong, incorrect, and still miles away from reality.

Yes there are injuries, however, that does not justify that a person is guilty of assault or, assault occassioning GBH.

Firstly, assault does not generally come about because the victim experiences fear, it comes about because one person has made intentional contact with another, without consent. An AVO generally comes about because the victim experiences fear.

I thoroughly appreciate your dedicated time in trying to explain to me certain facets of the law, but this is not really necessary.

‘Stop reading textbooks’ yes I am very guilty of this my learned friend, but thanks to all those textbooks I have read, several degrees have been completed. One of those is to represent and give advice to people like you that rely upon opinions, and that are so narrow-minded that believe our legal process is formulated on an individual’s thought process rather than fact and legal
Interpretation.

Very simple really? So according to a witness/s statements that a journo wrote in a newspaper it becomes a clear cut case and it is that simple........ (RUBBISH).

When we pass on a brief to a silk or a Q.C. Did you know that generally the more witnesses that are present, the better it is for our/the client. In cross-examination it is extremely likely that there will be contradicting statements by witnesses and many will rely on (you guessed it) OPINION not what factually occurred. So before speaking nonsense (which I have very little time for) maybe inform yourself.

Does the newspaper article state what happened inside the house before it spilled out onto the street?

Was the witness/s inside the Walker family residence to see how this unfolded from start to end?

Does the jouno or witness know if Walker was threatened with a knife, screwdriver, object, hence he reacted this way?

Did Walker’s partner assault him first inside the house before all this occurred?

Do you, the journo, or the witness/s know if Walker is keeping quiet his side of the story about what happened, because he doesn’t want to lose contact with his child, or get his partner in trouble?

(But I guess it is very easy like you said so I can only assume you must have all these answers).

Finally, it is not I that needs to be careful, rather, your very simplistic/careless opinions are the ones you should be very careful with.

The matter with Bird was quashed (according to you) as I have never had the time to read through all the material. Immediately, if a matter is quashed it is because a previous judgement of guilt has been made and on appeal (rehearing) the matter was quashed. Otherwise if the first trial judge finds the accused ‘not guilty’ it is dismissed.

There are fundamently numerous ways a matter can be quashed

* relevant/irrelevant consideration
* trial judge erred in interpretation and application of the law
* new facts have come about that change the outcome
* A new witness has provided info to the contrary and many many more

The fact it was quashed the ‘mens rea’ could not be proven (intent), but the incident occurred. So maybe instead of trying to educate others on erroneous beliefs, maybe read more textbooks and less newspapers it may assist you in not running in an accussing everyone of a crime based on what you believe.

Have a nice day

Thank you for that reasoned response .... We might have to go for a quash then ...... I think he was pronounced quilty on page one of this thread .... and all they needed to convict was 2 small paragraphs and the name Walker .......

Thank you for that reasoned response .... We might have to go for a quash then ...... I think he was pronounced quilty on page one of this thread .... and all they needed to convict was 2 small paragraphs and the name Walker .......
Good on you Woodsie, good to see you policing the comments in your typical lofty judgemental style. Try contributing. If that’s not too challenging.

Good on you Woodsie, good to see you policing the comments in your typical lofty judgemental style. Try contributing. If that’s not too challenging.

You start a new thread with the brain fart proclamation calling for the sacking of Walker based on little or no known facts, ... in the true pathetic little dribbler form that you are .. in contrast I spend 4 days cautioning patience until all the facts are known, and then when a poster who appears to have experience and professional knowledge of the topic concludes there may be a fair way to go before any guilty verdict is reached or possible .. and indicates that caution is sensible ....

Your response is to accuse me of not contributing ..... you are a first rate mug ...

and if giving a counter view to the hysterical ranting of the numbnuts calling for his execution is an offense to you .... then stop posting brain farts ...

You start a new thread with the brain fart proclamation calling for the sacking of Walker based on little or no known facts, ... in the true pathetic little dribbler form that you are .. in contrast I spend 4 days cautioning patience until all the facts are known, and then when a poster who appears to have experience and professional knowledge of the topic concludes there may be a fair way to go before any guilty verdict is reached or possible .. and indicates that caution is sensible ....

Your response is to accuse me of not contributing ..... you are a first rate mug ...

and if giving a counter view to the hysterical ranting of the numbnuts calling for his execution is an offense to you .... then stop posting brain farts ...
Feeling better after that @Woodsie?

https://www.smh.com.au/national/nsw...ollongong-police-station-20181213-p50m54.html

St George Illawarra's Jack De Belin is in custody at Wollongong police station.

It is understood the 27-year-old Dragons forward attended the station around 4pm on Thursday, where he presented himself to detectives.

a806bafc7d6edf176a7ccd0383305ad667badecd

Jack De Belin was taken into police custody on Thursday.CREDIT:AAP

De Belin, who played State of Origin for NSW in 2018, is believed to have attended the police station having been made aware that detectives wanted to speak to him as part of an investigation.

More to come

Thanks Woodie for your insightful comments. You do seem to have a thing about brain farts. So be it.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8