• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Dylan walker was outstanding tonight he set up 2 tries he created 3 line breaks and his kicking game was really good apart from that dead grubber. If he stays on this trajectory he will become one of the best 5/8s in the comp... and all without turbo helping him. All class tonight he was my man of the match and the blokes a real winner! Sign him up Desmond! Hes proved hes a big game player and he really stepped up tonight

Dylan did some really great things, but he absolutely telegraphs his inside passes, Does not engage the line at all on that play. He also throws a few hospital passes rather than taking the hit and I also wish he would run more.

I expect him to be much better next year working on these things and having turbo back (who is not an attacking spud like Elliott) will give him even more room

But yes, threw some lovely passes and had the talent to persevere with in the halves

Dylan walker was outstanding tonight he set up 2 tries he created 3 line breaks and his kicking game was really good apart from that dead grubber. If he stays on this trajectory he will become one of the best 5/8s in the comp... and all without turbo helping him. All class tonight he was my man of the match and the blokes a real winner! Sign him up Desmond! Hes proved hes a big game player and he really stepped up tonight
He was fired up tonight, but no aggro rubbish just playing with passion and getting better all the time with his role, put players in holes all night going to the line

Yes 100% I was a sceptic early on but geez he stepped up tonight. With a full pre season training at 5/8 will be a star

Dylan did some really great things, but he absolutely telegraphs his inside passes, Does not engage the line at all on that play. He also throws a few hospital passes rather than taking the hit and I also wish he would run more.

I expect him to be much better next year working on these things and having turbo back (who is not an attacking spud like Elliott) will give him even more room

But yes, threw some lovely passes and had the talent to persevere with in the halves
What’s with the name calling? Elliott a spud.....grow up flea brain! So Walker didn’t engage the line when he put Parker & Waddell thru gaps......oh maybe they’re attacking spuds also!

Dylan was fantastic ... pity he spilled the ball near the end ... that along with the stuff up between Elliot and Horhay .... and DCE blowing the drop out put the nails in our coffin ... up until then (which coincided with Jakes light weight misdemeanor sin binning), we were the better side .... the one that got away

Last edited:
Once again the great Des proves he knows way more than I do.

The first week he replaced Cust with walker I was thinking WTF having seen how walker played there and struggled in 2016. But it took our attack to new level. Walker seems to matured as a person and that rubbish in the pre season seems to have been a wake up call for him.

He’s a keeper for me

What’s with the name calling? Elliott a spud.....grow up flea brain! So Walker didn’t engage the line when he put Parker & Waddell thru gaps......oh maybe they’re attacking spuds also!

So you object to name calling by name calling? I was merely saying that Elliott does not pose much threat at all in attack, and that walker threw some nice passes but could work on some other facets of five eighth play. I’m really proud of the boys, but even a flea brain such as me can see areas and players we need to strengthen. You can bet your life that’s what des will be doing from now till March, but if one dares constructively criticise any players, you get pillocked with such quality and poignant insults as flea brain.

Off season as first pick 5/8 will correct his shortcomings :nod:

Still is tempted to go it alone as he had as a centre but thats to be expected at this stage

Bring on the off season :happy:
Short comings ?
You sure got your wires crossed walker kept Sammy quite
He made sure no tries were scored down his side
Everything he does has got quality to it
Etc etc etc ......
I am hacked off he didn’t snap kick a field goal when we lead by 6
The flaws in Walkers game doesn’t equate to the Dce stuff ups ,
How many points did he let in ?
But Ive thrashed that haven’t I
The way Fittler talks about Walkz it already sounds like he bin SO next year

The main positive from last nights performance is technically in some instances the assists and line breaks Dylan created were not as well executed (timing wise) as they could have been and he still pulled them off. (mind you the outside back defence was very poor from Souths)

Dylan has the potential to be a sharper version of Foran given time that probably wont take it to the line as late as Foran but still late enough to be a danger and preserve his body.

I still can't see why Walker gets such praise.
I keep reading he's a great running footballer, yet he didn't make a break last night. In fact, I can't recall one all season and I'm still waiting to be shown a video of one.
He kicked dead on one occasion, gifting Souffs seven tackles and a 20-metre restart.
He fumbled at a delicate stage of the match.
I can't see the love for this bloke.
On the other hand, I thought most of our other players were magnificent.
Suli, in particular, has proven me wrong. He does have skill as well as bulk.
But Walker? Nah, we can do much better with the reported $600,000+ salary he's on.

The main positive from last nights performance is technically in some instances the assists and line breaks Dylan created were not as well executed (timing wise) as they could have been and he still pulled them off. (mind you the outside back defence was very poor from Souths)

Dylan has the potential to be a sharper version of Foran given time that probably wont take it to the line as late as Foran but still late enough to be a danger and preserve his body.
Did you notice Walker kept Sam quite on attack all night getting up in his face before he got going
I think Sam was well aware of the threat Walkers running game posed and Walker got him interested looking inside before slipping his passes
Obviously Sam was out there looking after Reynolds but Walker still managed to create good lines for Parker and Waddel to run and score
When Des reviews the way we played this year
Im convinced he will know that he must some how turn Dces focus more toward defending instead of trying to chase cheap points all over the field
...we have the players to score plenty of points so no worries
The Storm are clinical in this aspect and CS knows what it takes
PS.
DC relax you don’t have to feel you must do everything

Manly next year should start up an "unders fund", every player who makes an unders pass has to contribute $10, to encourage a more straight go forward and attacking structure.

DCE is so tight and manages his finances really well i'm sure he will not want to eat away at his indexed to inflation pay rises and lead by example.

In saying that Manly has improved in this area but it still annoys me big time especially when DCE does it.

I find it strange that Walker still remains unsigned. Does Des and Crusher have a plan to bring in someone else? Seems like they have earmarked suli and ginga ninja in the centres so 5/8 could be the missing part of the puzzle?

I find it strange that Walker still remains unsigned. Does Des and Crusher have a plan to bring in someone else? Seems like they have earmarked suli and ginga ninja in the centres so 5/8 could be the missing part of the puzzle?
I think its strange Walker remains unsigned too. Article in today's Manly Daily Blindside says "...Dylan Walker is yet to re-sign with the club for next year. I would love to stay here if I could." Walker said. "I'm optimistic about it. I just want to play my finals football first and let that sort itself out later."

Surely he's proved himself by now, so let's hope it sorts itself out sooner rather than later...

When Des first moved Walker "back to the halves" I honestly thought to myself.....here we go again. It has happened twice before and didn't work either time (2016 and 2018). I understood why Des made that change, but I didn't think it would work.

But I'll admit, I was wrong. This time around Dylan Walker has grown into the role and looks like he is going to be our long term 5/8 provided he keeps going the same way.

But you know something? Des moving Walks to 5/8 wasn't just a vote of confidence in him that he could do the job. It was also a vote of confidence in Brad Parker and Moses Suli as the team's centre pairing. I mean seriously, if anyone had said at the start of the year that Walker would be moved from centre to the halves where he had previously failed but this time proved he can be very good there, and that Parker and Suli would emerge as a strong centre pair.....you've have been reaching for their meds. But that is exactly what happened. Walker got better the more he played in the halves, Suli has finally started to reach that potential he has (and still has a long way to go so how good can he be?) and Brad Parker has developed into one of, if not the best defensive centre in the NRL right now and he's also starting to find his feet as an attacking threat.

Provided they can keep it up, I'd have no issue if Des continues with that in 2020. When you add in a hopefully fully fit Tom Trbojevic and DCE as well as the continued improvement of Reuben Garrick and the Samoan Sledgehammer that is Jorge Taufua.....if that is our 1-7 next year then we're in bloody good shape.

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4