Walker back soon?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I don't think size is the real issue. Both Parker and Garrett take hit ups in a far too upright position and the tacklers get underneath them and drive them back. This is simply a matter of technique. However we don't need anymore second rowers we need speedy outside backs.

Both of them need a few lessons from Jorge. Get lower to the ground and use their legs and butts more.

Someone has to teach all of them how to hold onto the ball during hitups.

From Dce interview yesterday, if fit Walker slots into 6.

You would have to be plain stupid or blind Freddy to move Cust out of 5/8. Des is neither. Cust is the best 5/8 I have seen in that position since Foran days. He owns it now barring injury or poor form. Where to put Dylan? Only one spot imo and that is 14 which means Croker misses out. Ease him into the side where he can cover hooker, 5/8 and centre. No brainer.

Im hoping they give dylan an extra week just to see how cust responds. He knows where he fits and if he thinks the axe is coming next week , i just want to see how he goes with that extra stuff at play

I also think letting cust go back again after some positive games will be great for him if its done well and for the right reasons.

3 weeks ago people were calling Cust a reserve grader now he is the amazing.

Never a measured bunch here....

I like Cust, I think he has shown good attributes since day 1 and he has certainly had a few good games on the run. If you'd be bothered to search my posts I've always had him ahead of Croker.

That said I dont think he is a lay down misere over Walker.

I think I'd probably lean 6.Walker 14. Cust at this stage though wouldnt mind the reverse either

I like Cust, I think he has shown good attributes since day 1 and he has certainly had a few good games on the run. If you'd be bothered to search my posts I've always had him ahead of Croker.

I think I'd probably lean 6.Walker 14. Cust at this stage though wouldnt mind the reverse either

You're right Disco. I think Cust has the makings of a good first grader, and he seems to be learning and improving week by week. But last weeks effort was against a struggling side though he played well also against Parramatta as well. I'm still not sure of his distributing skills, which is essential for a 5/8 As a few on here are pointing out Suli is not getting the ball early enough and with a bit more space to work with. This weekend will be interesting because he's up against a hot side, despite last weeks effort. Some were lauding Croker weeks ago and many wanted Levi kicked out. One or two weeks can change perceptions very quickly. I think Cust is better suited a half, but after the last two efforts he's worth persisting with to see if he really can handle 5/8 consistently and against top sides.

No we didn't see cust play this year at all. When he played last year he went ok and got worse until des made walks 5/8 and Walker went much better.. cust is playing how walker played last year. He runs alot and moves the ball well. Cust this year has been great but most of us based our opinion of him due to last year. Imo he's always been better than slow ass croker. He always had potential to be a 1st grader and now he's showing it. Lets see how he goes next few games

You would have to be plain stupid or blind Freddy to move Cust out of 5/8. Des is neither. Cust is the best 5/8 I have seen in that position since Foran days. He owns it now barring injury or poor form. Where to put Dylan? Only one spot imo and that is 14 which means Croker misses out. Ease him into the side where he can cover hooker, 5/8 and centre. No brainer.
Agree on cust, gives us a genuine 6 not a centre playing there

No we didn't see cust play this year at all. When he played last year he went ok and got worse until des made walks 5/8 and Walker went much better.. cust is playing how walker played last year. He runs alot and moves the ball well. Cust this year has been great but most of us based our opinion of him due to last year. Imo he's always been better than slow ass croker. He always had potential to be a 1st grader and now he's showing it. Lets see how he goes next few games

18 days ago

Jul 12, 2020
Cust 2/10 not a 1st grader yet

eagleron

Well-Known Member​
Jul 12, 2020
Croker is rubbish and I don't think Cust is much better

sheridanstand78
Well-Known Member​

Jul 12, 2020
Our weakness at 6 is chronic at the moment. Cust trys hard, Croker does not have it.

18 days ago

Jul 12, 2020
Cust 2/10 not a 1st grader yet

eagleron
Well-Known Member​
Jul 12, 2020
Croker is rubbish and I don't think Cust is much better

sheridanstand78
Well-Known Member​

Jul 12, 2020
Our weakness at 6 is chronic at the moment. Cust trys hard, Croker does not have it.
Again this seems based off last years games he played. After losing 3 in a row people look for someone to blame rightly or wrongly.. our problem was dce trying too hard and croker being an ass clown. Now cust is taking pressure off dce and so is Levi and when he comes on croker with kicks from dummy half. We have a good system in place to lighten the load for Cherry. Do you concur? :)

Again this seems based off last years games he played. After losing 3 in a row people look for someone to blame rightly or wrongly.. our problem was dce trying too hard and croker being an ass clown. Now cust is taking pressure off dce and so is Levi and when he comes on croker with kicks from dummy half. We have a good system in place to lighten the load for Cherry. Do you concur? :)
Yep. That’s about right. But the question remains, what do we do with Walker? Being honest, he’s one of two genuine game-breakers in our back line, the rest being admirable foot soldiers struggling manfully for the cause... him and Turbo are capable of hitting a hole and going all the way, nobody else is. Not counting halves. And Walker doesn’t get the chance to do that from five eighth. Or at least, not at the moment, not the way he plays it at present.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4