Vote: Experience or Youth?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Which team would you prefer to run out on Sunday against the Eels?

• Current Team named for Rd 2

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Rookies!!!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
lol dont think my grammar has to much to do with it...
your all class matabele,
u understood what i was say in those post u took off though didn't u
u bitter lil man

you no what im saying mate, not every 1 will but you do.
look sorry, you have just got to me a bit, as a manly supporter we all seem to be defending our  coach our players our addmin  more is in the lost few yesrs so to come on here the s@#$ you put on des, players, and addmin is just hard to take from a fellow supporter let alone 1 of our top supporters as u must b for dan to make you a moderator of this website thats all my problem is with you thats all.
i meen its ok to b objective but u r over the top.
i sorry for my bad spelling and grammar  but i think that is irrelevant .

so go manly we will make the 8 y don't u think we can ? i just don't get it

u r right about tony though he is killing us

I tipped us to make the edge of the 8 but think it will be a hard slog now.  I'll be pleasantly surprised if we do and will consider it an "over achievement" in light of recent events.

I've never been one to sugar-coat reality and that's how I see it. 

Look, Hopaote is a tad to young to play with the big boys this season.  17, in my book is just too fresh.  Farrah played fullback last season and was better at it than Robbo.  Whare into the centres.  Has he ever played winger.  I take it he is fast and can catch?  yes?

DSM5 link said:
  Whare into the centres.  Has he ever played winger.  I take it he is fast and can catch?  yes?
I saw him on tv and he is fast and can catch. Have you seen him defend? Or do you just want to throw him in anyway?

DSM5 link said:
Look, Hopaote is a tad to young to play with the big boys this season.  17, in my book is just too fresh.  Farrah played fullback last season and was better at it than Robbo.  Whare into the centres.  Has he ever played winger.  I take it he is fast and can catch?  yes?

Is this Farrah a cross between Robbie Farah and Ben Farrar?

Matabele link said:
Thank you for your endorsement of my poisoned reality.  ;)
:) good to c you have a scene of humor...
however when we make the 8  and god 4 bid, we get knocked out in the first week as we did last year.. we will had had a good season and you will give the players the addmin and dessie  a good rap for overachieving then will u,
all on here will be wittneess to our lil deal

Dan link said:
Any team that has no T-williams in it is already ahead of the game.

I still vote for immediately rebuilding your squad and focussing on building an all round team and blooding youngsters. So my vote is obvious, of course I said the same thing last year too

What did Tony do wrong in the Tigers game? I thought he had a really good game. Yeah Marshall got around him but he got around Matai as well. It was a big improvement on last year and I'd love to see him in the second row ahead of Bailey. Not on the wing though please Des.

I like the rookies team but we don't need to stick all of them in there at once. Young Hoppa could start in the centres with Robbo at fullback, much better than Bailey in the centres.

so everyone who played QRL last year was no good because Morwood won player of year.the NSWRL player of the year last year was guess who?Another Manly legend Grant Wooden ,so by extension  every NSWRL footballer last year was no good.please!!!

the reason blokes like him win awards like that is because they play every game,are never training with the NRL squads or on standby.the broncos and titans have 2 or 3 different feeder clubs,sometimes their contracted players  play,sometimes they don't.they rarely if ever train with the feeder sides.

slater,inglis,cronk,smith played  whole seasons up here for norths and did not win player of year,simply because they dont play all the games.

unlike you I watch a lot of the QRL football ,coach juniors at a QRL club  and have a good guage on its standard (which is very good).As such I feel qualified to comment.

I  have seen the guy I want most to get a chance Trent Hodkinson play many times.he is ready to go and we have one ball player,are 25 to 1 to win the comp and no pace in our side.he was rated as good or better than 3 or 4 current NRL stars as a junior.the others they can ease in.this guy is crying out to play.he will play within a couple of months and will be our halfback for a long time to come.

I have no problem with the rest of your argument as experience may be the better way to go,who knows.time will tell.des may be right not to give HK a go.every one has an opinion.

but dont base your opinion on an idea that the QRL is worthless as a guide  when ,unless i am mistaken,you have never watched it.

inside pass link said:
[quote author=Matabele link=topic=182669.msg255267#msg255267 date=1268886147]
however when we make the 8  and god 4 bid, we get knocked out in the first week as we did last year.. we will had had a good season and you will give the players the addmin and dessie  a good rap for overachieving then will u,
[/quote] No'I'll up them for letting it get to this.  I did warn of post-premiership complacency on 4 October 2008. 

Matabele link said:
[quote author=inside pass link=topic=182669.msg255283#msg255283 date=1268887531]
however when we make the 8  and god 4 bid, we get knocked out in the first week as we did last year.. we will had had a good season and you will give the players the addmin and dessie  a good rap for overachieving then will u,
[/quote] No'I'll up them for letting it get to this.  I did warn of post-premiership complacency on 4 October 2008. 
[/quote]ok im now starting to see where your frustration is coming from,
its 2008 any more is it. well there is no room for complacency now is there

Matabele link said:
No'I'll up them for letting it get to this.  I did warn of post-premiership complacency on 4 October 2008. 
So is it post-premiership complacency or is it just that the wind was in our favour in 2008? You seem confused as to whether we should be doing better or whether we only ever over-achieved in the first place...

Matabele link said:
[quote author=inside pass link=topic=182669.msg255283#msg255283 date=1268887531]
[/quote]

I will offer you the pat on the back you are after Mata ;)

SeaEagleRock8 link said:
[quote author=Matabele link=topic=182669.msg255294#msg255294 date=1268889311]
No'I'll up them for letting it get to this.  I did warn of post-premiership complacency on 4 October 2008. 
So is it post-premiership complacency or is it just that the wind was in our favour in 2008? You seem confused as to whether we should be doing better or whether we only ever over-achieved in the first place...
[/quote] 2008 was good.  The rot set in over the subsequent off season when one of the owners stopped paying the money they'd promised to the venture.

susan ridgepipe link said:
so everyone who played QRL last year was no good because Morwood won player of year.the NSWRL player of the year last year was guess who?Another Manly legend Grant Wooden ,so by extension  every NSWRL footballer last year was no good.please!!!

the reason blokes like him win awards like that is because they play every game,are never training with the NRL squads or on standby.the broncos and titans have 2 or 3 different feeder clubs,sometimes their contracted players  play,sometimes they don't.they rarely if ever train with the feeder sides.

Didn't Hodkinson play every game as well ? He was playing every game that I saw anyway ;)

inside pass link said:
you no what im saying mate, not every 1 will but you do.
look sorry, you have just got to me a bit, as a manly supporter we all seem to be defending our  coach our players our addmin  more is in the lost few yesrs so to come on here the s@#$ you put on des, players, and addmin is just hard to take from a fellow supporter let alone 1 of our top supporters as u must b for dan to make you a moderator of this website thats all my problem is with you thats all.
i meen its ok to b objective but u r over the top.
i sorry for my bad spelling and grammar  but i think that is irrelevant .

so go manly we will make the 8 y don't u think we can ? i just don't get it

u r right about tony though he is killing us

Welcome to the new grammatical reality. It pains me to read this but then god knows where we'll be in another 20 years.

Inside Pass - it' a bit hard to follow some of it but you have got a deserved debut applaud from me for battling on.
OK Mata - you can have one too for your attempts to play the ball rather than the man. ;)

Volley said
"Is this Farrah a cross between Robbie Farah and Ben Farrar?"

This topic arose last year and I corrected someone and in the process managed to stuff the spelling anyway!! Maybe we should just go for Farra which will fit in nicely with the Gen Y textabet.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4