Very proud of the boys

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
SPEED as Bozo keeps reminding us. That's the ticket in the back line, with a little clever evasiveness. There's much ecstasy to be had in speed...or is it speed in ecstasy? No matter, its off with the doddering dawdle, sprinters not pacers, gazelles not geese

I honestly think Croker is the reason for our issues when attacking. He just doesn’t capitalise on a quick ruck at all.

I noticed there was a play the ball where both markers where out of play both on the ground rolling away from the ruck and he still didn’t run the ball. Just plainly picked the ball up and passed it the the front rower taking a hit up.
The red carpet was rolled out, his pillows where fluffed and still declined the invitation on the silver platter to run.

If he didn’t run then I don’t think he ever will

SPEED as Bozo keeps reminding us. That's the ticket in the back line, with a little clever evasiveness. There's much ecstasy to be had in speed...or is it speed in ecstasy? No matter, its off with the doddering dawdle, sprinters not pacers, gazelles not geese
speed kills !

At the risk of sounding unpopular, as much as I love the guy - Foz is just not physically up to it anymore (especially defensively). We all know Croker is a huge disadvantage for us at 9. And we could do a lot better than Parker and Garrick. Substitute these 4 guys with players on par with the top 5 teams in their respective positions and we are immediate contenders for the premiership. (Hopefully the 9 issue will be resolved shortly, and Schuster can make the 6 his own sone day soon...still short on quality re our outside backs atm).

Teams will always make some errors, miss some goals - that's not why we were truly beaten.

We definitely let ourselves down yesterday while still playing a solid game and I understand Des‘s spray after the game, I think it had merit, without knowing what he said of course, however our boys needed to know they let that game get away and that they could of and probably should of, won it, wise not to let them think they should be satisfied with their effort or the result, (it was a reasonably good effort and overall strong game, against the benchmark side, but, we made errors and we just let ourselves down at certain stages and in certain applications to our work) they need to learn from today, learn to be hungry for next week, hungry to improve, hungry to get back in the winners circle, hungry to be successful and relentless as a team, hungry to go out next week and make sure we make up for missing the opportunity to pull off a special win today, it’s been said and I agree, I think they will learn more from today’s game than if they had of actually won, (as painful as that sounds and as much as I would of preferred we won) I’m sure that Des was making sure the boys realised that they let themselves down, his spray at full time was ok by me, because they needed to know they could of and should of won that game and not to be ok with the result, had we controlled certain aspects and periods of the game differently, the result would also definitely be different, it was important to help the boys self assess and grow, adopt a better attitude towards playing out a more complete game and killer hunger, rather than accepting the improvement over the last 4 weeks. Mick made the comment, its good to see the passion back in Des, I agree it reminds me of the old Des, pretty shrewd to not let the boys be satisfied with that game, it was a missed opportunity and you want them to know that and learn from it. Hard to be harsh overall about the game because we did dig in and the effort was there, our game has continued to go forward, we didn’t throw the towel in after their early points and worked hard to stay in the grind, but our errors and lack of execution at certain times really hurt the end result, one that I believe should of been different, Des knew the boys could of taken that game too, hence the spray at full time, hopefully it hit home in the right way and the boys take it on board, go out next weekend with a killer attitude and do a job proper on the warriors as our season swings back in the balance after yesterday.
We need a wall of text emote. Full stops and paragraphs won't hurt you. I agree with every thing you said but it was much harder to read than it could've been.

At the risk of sounding unpopular, as much as I love the guy - Foz is just not physically up to it anymore (especially defensively). We all know Croker is a huge disadvantage for us at 9. And we could do a lot better than Parker and Garrick. Substitute these 4 guys with players on par with the top 5 teams in their respective positions and we are immediate contenders for the premiership. (Hopefully the 9 issue will be resolved shortly, and Schuster can make the 6 his own sone day soon...still short on quality re our outside backs atm).

Teams will always make some errors, miss some goals - that's not why we were truly beaten.
On Foran, I am hoping once we get some options back from injuries Des can give him a game or two off, hard at the moment while they are building combinations and injuries.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4